Report: Baker Mayfield not ready to compete with Tyrod Taylor

3 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Yeah. I don't know any other way to do it.

If I try, it sounds in my ears like I'm  equivocating. Have a take, get behind and be forceful and let the chips fall where they may. If you are wrong, own it.

Cheers.

I'm guessing How to Win Friends and Influence People isn't on your reading list?  Geez.

Just now, eball said:

I'm guessing How to Win Friends and Influence People isn't on your reading list?  Geez.

Now ... what will I ever do without your affirmation? Maybe winning the affection of people that aren't bold enough to bring what is on their mind in declarative statements isn't at the top of my list.

Hope you get to enjoy some sun eball. 

On 7/7/2018 at 4:31 AM, Thurman#1 said:

And you may have something there in your last paragraph about throwing guys open. After all, if your first read is Deonte Thompson covered by Jalen Ramsey, you're likely doing a poor job figuring out what reads to make.

That was his #1 receiver.. nobody throws him open against a #1 corner. That trickles down to every other wr corner matchup. You can throw KB open, you can't **** about not throwing a PS player open

I didn't want to fight your rebuttal but I'm bored. Don't really care what some Meathead player tells the PC his coach has been telling him all week. "We made the QB do xxx" from some rando is hardly any indictment. There are better ones.. thus bad cliche.

"Belicheck something something 4D chess" dumb cliche.

Is there truth to all these? Yeah. Does repeating the same cliches above you don't really care to put context with make ppl look smart? Idc keep saying buzz words if you think so.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

9 hours ago, eball said:

Tyrod's friend is a pretty mean person. Also likes to turn posts into a narrative that angers him extremely. Just.. be careful my friend.

11 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Yeah. I don't know any other way to do it.

If I try, it sounds in my ears like I'm  equivocating. Have a take, get behind and be forceful and let the chips fall where they may. If you are wrong, own it.

Cheers.

Just a matter of tossing one of several quantifiers out there.  "I believe...", "In my opinion...", "I honestly expect to see...", "What I think...", replace "when the" with "should the" ...anything that changes it from sounding like an absolute.

24 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Mayfield is not ready to compete with a QB who had a horrid playoff game and at least three games during the season that made you shake your head, than the Browns are in big trouble.

So if Mayfield can’t beat out a qb with a winning record who made the playoffs last year, the Browns are in trouble?  What if Josh Allen can’t beat out 2 5th rounders, one who threw 5 ints in a half?

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So if Mayfield can’t beat out a qb with a winning record who made the playoffs last year, the Browns are in trouble?  What if Josh Allen can’t beat out 2 5th rounders, one who threw 5 ints in a half?

You really think we made the playoffs because of the play of Tyrod Taylor? It's not like Mayfield and Allen are trying to win the starting job over Brady or Rodgers. The rookies should be making it hard on the coaches in their descision on who to start week 1. Taylor is a rank 19 to 24 type QB, Mayfield should at least make it competitive is all I'm saying.

23 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You see he didn't address your question.......he merely asked you two more questions.  Haha.

As far as the Browns are concerned, the move to get Taylor and then draft Mayfield was wise.  If things work according to plan, Taylor will give them stability at QB, he won't lose games for them....all the while, Mayfield can sit and learn a bit.  As difficult as the QB position is, how often do we see teams throw the rookie into the fire and watch them burn.  It happens quite a bit in the NFL these days.  IMO, the Browns are going to be much improved this year and they could possibly go .500.  If Jackson plays his cards right, he can get Mayfield some reps along the way just to see how he reacts.    

I don't care who the rookie QB is.....if he can sit, watch, learn and get some reps his first year, that's the best way to do it.  Personally, I don't think any of the rookie QB's in this class could step in and have smooth sailing.  The position is THAT difficult.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/12/2018 at 2:24 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Then Josh Allen does not want to hurt their feelings.

On 7/13/2018 at 10:39 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You really think we made the playoffs because of the play of Tyrod Taylor? It's not like Mayfield and Allen are trying to win the starting job over Brady or Rodgers. The rookies should be making it hard on the coaches in their descision on who to start week 1. Taylor is a rank 19 to 24 type QB, Mayfield should at least make it competitive is all I'm saying.

You have posted enough times for us to know you believe we should not have made playoffs because Tyrod Taylor was on roster.

71bl4831pvL.jpg

...we're talking "HUGH" here (COUGH).....what is the value of naming TT the starter this early?......why is he hell bent on TT as THE starter?......Landry said TT looks "amazing" in practice...and the Browns have some solid WR talent....picture them being INACTIVE most Sundays when DOWNFIELD is again uncharted waters for TT?......by most accounts, Peterman has looked well (NOT amazing) in practice and the TBD pundits attacked with the TBD TT supporters lamenting about the trade.....practice showings good for one but no the other I guess....can't see how Hugh's 1-31 record and one year Oakland HC stint could ever defy "In Hugh They Trust".....impossible......BUT...Dorsey is a pretty good football guy........so if Mayfield outplays TT in TC and practice but Hugh doesn't budge, should be interesting to see who wins out with "Rebate Snatchin' Jimmy"...stay tuned........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 7/13/2018 at 2:03 PM, Bills757 said:

You see he didn't address your question.......he merely asked you two more questions.  Haha.

As far as the Browns are concerned, the move to get Taylor and then draft Mayfield was wise.  If things work according to plan, Taylor will give them stability at QB, he won't lose games for them....all the while, Mayfield can sit and learn a bit.  As difficult as the QB position is, how often do we see teams throw the rookie into the fire and watch them burn.  It happens quite a bit in the NFL these days.  IMO, the Browns are going to be much improved this year and they could possibly go .500.  If Jackson plays his cards right, he can get Mayfield some reps along the way just to see how he reacts.    

I don't care who the rookie QB is.....if he can sit, watch, learn and get some reps his first year, that's the best way to do it.  Personally, I don't think any of the rookie QB's in this class could step in and have smooth sailing.  The position is THAT difficult.

The Browns are going to go .500 when they are still the worst team in their division?

OK.

Edited by Binghamton Beast