Report: Baker Mayfield not ready to compete with Tyrod Taylor

Just what the doctor ordered..... another TT thread ;)

Thankfully the Buffalo chapter is closed in the book of Tyrod ;) 

It should be fun watching him run around like a chicken with its head chopped off in Cleveland ;) 

im a big fan of baker may, but i think this speaks to how under rated Josh "future bills HOF mutlti chip winning qb" Allen's readiness to play was.  he played in a hard throw run based pro style O, and under center.  the only other qb who compared was Josh Rosen, who i'm sure is doing well in camp, but who I think is physically weak (and i'm starting to buy the attitude/mentality issues, but frankly it may be sour grapes cuz i would have been fine w him if allen was gone and we took him at 12) and won't be able to make the spectacular throws and more importantly will simply be hurt in the nfl.

Not surprising and you know exactly what you get with Tyrod...7 to 9 wins, low turnovers, a few spectacular plays a game, wins against most teams you "should beat" but rarely wins against good teams.

28 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Just what the doctor ordered..... another TT thread ;)

Thankfully the Buffalo chapter is closed in the book of Tyrod ;) 

It should be fun watching him run around like a chicken with its head chopped off in Cleveland ;) 

It would be classic Bills for him to be traded to a team and their franchise cornerstone LT just retired leaving a giant hole there to protect his blindside.  

The only thing that could have made it better is if we had traded Mills to them too just to screw up the RT spot. 

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Not surprising and you know exactly what you get with Tyrod...7 to 9 wins, low turnovers, a few spectacular plays a game, wins against most teams you "should beat" but rarely wins against good teams.

if tyrod can get his deep ball going with gordon he could have his best season yet.  that's where tyrod had his best year with us.  that still won't make him a top ten qb. but he might be able to go for 3500 yards and 20 plus tds which is the best qb the browns have had in decades

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

It would be classic Bills for him to be traded to a team and their franchise cornerstone LT just retired leaving a giant hole there to protect his blindside.  

The only thing that could have made it better is if we had traded Mills to them too just to screw up the RT spot. 

I think Mills will be better this year,having some competition should push him.

Just now, JMF2006 said:

I think Mills will be better this year,having some competition should push him.

Newhouse?   That's cringeworthy. I was kind of hoping that Connor McDermott would step up and give us a reason for keeping him around all of last year.  We'll see what happens.   I do want to see Miller back in the lineup, i was pissed last year when he got benched.   We went from a solid oline to crap in one season and took a solid RG and pretty much ruined him.   

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Newhouse?   That's cringeworthy. I was kind of hoping that Connor McDermott would step up and give us a reason for keeping him around all of last year.  We'll see what happens.   I do want to see Miller back in the lineup, i was pissed last year when he got benched.   We went from a solid oline to crap in one season and took a solid RG and pretty much ruined him.   

Looks like Miller ate his way onto the bench last year and dieted/exercised his way back toward the field this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

So what they are saying then is that Mayfield is incapable of throwing for more than 56 yards in a game?

Fun fact:  Tyrod averaged 20 more yards passing: game in the nfl than Allen did in the Mountain West Conference. 

• Sad 1

My guess is that position gets "re-examined " after they get blown off the field by the Saints in week 2 followed by a  10-7 loss to the Jets at home in week 3.  Taylor throws for 197 yard 1 TD against the Saints and  155 yrds  and no TD's against the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fun fact:  Tyrod averaged 20 more yards passing: game in the nfl than Allen did in the Mountain West Conference. 

I don't know whether that fact is fun or not but I do know it's completely irrelevant.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

I don't know whether that fact is fun or not but I do know it's completely irrelevant.

Is it?  He was calling out Taylor for his passing numbers and we replaced him with a guy who averaged less in a pretty whatever college conference.

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Is it?  He was calling out Taylor for his passing numbers and we replaced him with a guy who averaged less in a pretty whatever college conference.

Yeah, it's irrelevant and you know that.

• Thank you (+1) 1