Thoughts about the Bills Official Website

Official Bills Website Quality  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Most websites consist of 3 main components, where do you feel the Bills Official website fits in. (Not a flame post please, just curious)

• Quality: I feel the page provides a modern feel, and quality layout
    • Content: I feel the page keeps me up to date, shows what's going on at One Bills Drive
    • Navigation: I can maneuver around easily, and not get lost with links provided
    • All of the above

8 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Same, i mean i hit a couple of sites every day but i never go to the official one anymore, the MB was really all i went there for.  I will fire up the app every now and then to hear interviews with the players/coaches but that's it.   Maybe that's how they want it IDK. 

Oh yeah, I use the app a lot. Never go to the site, though.

17 hours ago, stuvian said:

since the closure of the BBMB my official Bills website is 2BD. I have not gone back since and aside from managing my season ticket account I have no intention to

Same here, I wonder how much traffic they lost without the board. 

I tend to go there daily to see if there is Bill's news from the source.  I like most of the content they generate with interviews with players/coaches and videos of press conferences.

Interestingly - the site itself seems to be hosed today, I can't tell if they are doing a major overhaul - or if there is some sort of error someone made in coding (or if it is just my browser acting up - but their site is the only one I've found which isn't working today).

Used to go daily for the message board, cut way back after that.   I may go once every two weeks to check out the videos, but since Mcbeane took over even those have been scaled way back.   Interestingly enough it seems there has been a specific attempt to cut the media back even further this year.   Part of me wonders if this has to do with Allen and trying to limit either positive or negative feedback.

For the most part I'd say the site is pretty useless unless you are a season ticket holder, which I am not. 

The website is whatever. As someone pointed out, it does seem like there have been fewer articles and such as of late. I'll check out interviews and press conference videos from time to time but that's about it.

Their mobile app needs work. There's a 50/50 chance it crashes each time I try to open it. The features are extremely limited and you'd think they would have the store built into the app but when you click the link to check out the store it takes you to the desktop version of the store's website. 

59 minutes ago, mississaubills said:

So has it been addressed that the website has gone through some major revamp lately?  

Yeah - it doesn't work in Edge either - but does work in other browsers.  It looks like they copied the NFL.COM template and the blog link is gone.  When I click on Team/Community, it comes up with a story about how Watkins signed to be at the Kelly Camp (probably when Watkins was a rookie)....  So there is work to be done.  :)

I mostly go there to look for original content, but lately they've been mostly regurgitating stories from elsewhere.