Thoughts about the Bills Official Website

Official Bills Website Quality  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Most websites consist of 3 main components, where do you feel the Bills Official website fits in. (Not a flame post please, just curious)

• Quality: I feel the page provides a modern feel, and quality layout
    • Content: I feel the page keeps me up to date, shows what's going on at One Bills Drive
    • Navigation: I can maneuver around easily, and not get lost with links provided
    • All of the above

Terrible poll.  Since my sixth or seventh ban on BBMB I haven't been back.  Nothing to see on that site.  Outdated, inaccurate, boring information. 2BD much better.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Am I expecting too much, or do any of you feel the Bills website lacks content? 

The one negative with the official site is sometimes there is stuff going on, but the official website won't acknowledge it until the team makes an official announcement.  Case in point: the signing of UDFAs.  The identity of the Bills' UDFAs was correctly reported by numerous outlets while the official site maintained complete silence for days.

10 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

For lacking content all of your voting options are positive.

Strange.

Kind of reminds me of Trumps polls from a few months ago.

The website is clutterred, too much coming at you at once, I only use it to get to my account manager and then remove myself once I have landed where I need to be. I know the traditional team colors are red, white and blue, but the brighness and contrast is stark. It seems as though they are trying to balance the amount of red and blue color across the page. I think it could use some better (softer) balance. The content is as what you would expect from a corporate sponsored webpage, all positive spins on news. Company line is promoted, if you read it you can kind of tell what they want us to believe, for example, a positive article or two over a week or two and video of a particular player who is most likely now going to make it (supplanting a fan favorite). Almost a proaganda machine for upcoming moves (cuts). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

since the closure of the BBMB my official Bills website is 2BD. I have not gone back since and aside from managing my season ticket account I have no intention to

Same, i mean i hit a couple of sites every day but i never go to the official one anymore, the MB was really all i went there for.  I will fire up the app every now and then to hear interviews with the players/coaches but that's it.   Maybe that's how they want it IDK. 

The website certainly can be improved but i go there for numerous things. 

The videos, where else are the collected and saved, the press conferences, interviews, game previews and highlights.

The depth Chart, the Bills organization chart.

OBD would be crazy to shut it down and they wont.  Almost half the website is dedicated to merchandise and ticket sales and I certainly don't blame them.

The only thing they're good for, is the fact that they won't post anything (other than that weird Marrone cancer incident) that isn't official. So I don't believe a rumor is true until I see it on their official site, app, Facebook, etc. That being said, as far as articles go, they're fluff pieces. I don't hate them for it, their job is to make the team look good, which hasn't been an easy task during most of the time the internet has been popular. But for commentary, I usually come here.

Ironically, I  went to the Bills' site today, and it has been completely revamped.  So, everyone who has posted might want to go take a look and then come back and post your reaction to the new look of the official site.

Bills official website to me is a canned site with no heart and is very, very unresponsive at times seeming to require very specific subset of software to run it without crashing browser which is a bad thing for a website which is supposed to appear to very large segment of fanbase.

Oh and it scales very poorly for those who need to zoom pages to comfortably read.