Williamsville Clarion hotel closure

stuvian

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

It closed about 6 months ago, that part of Transit by the 90 ramp is getting kind of seedy.

do you know if another hotel is going up in its place? what kind of action went on there?

18 minutes ago, stuvian said:

do you know if another hotel is going up in its place? what kind of action went on there?

No idea on any development. As far as action, all I remember hearing was that the hotel was more or less out of date and kind of dirty. There isn't a whole lot by this hotel at this end of Transit, except Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans a little ways down, towards where Russel's is. 

17 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

A car dealership bought a bunch of land right next to the thruway on transit. Probably this spot.

Where did you hear this? Genuine question. 

Does anyone know if the restaurant next to Econoladge South near the stadium has reopened? We liked to stay there specifically because the Warehouse bar/restuarant next door provided a great place to catch the college games and have a few cocktails after the games and decent food. It was closed last year and I was hoping to see if anyone opened up something in that space. Any locals know anything  currently going on with this place?

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

From a tech at the audi dealership and from the owner of a competing dealer

This seems pretty reasonable. West Herr bought Schmitt's Audi and VM on Genesee (about 1.5 miles away). The dealership is tiny and in a really out of the way spot. Seeing them move to a more "prime" location makes a lot of sense. The Audi brand is really under-served in WNY.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Does anyone know if the restaurant next to Econoladge South near the stadium has reopened? We liked to stay there specifically because the Warehouse bar/restuarant next door provided a great place to catch the college games and have a few cocktails after the games and decent food. It was closed last year and I was hoping to see if anyone opened up something in that space. Any locals know anything  currently going on with this place?

That place was pretty cool.  I missed the Cracker Barrel being right out back, too.

4 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

A car dealership bought a bunch of land right next to the thruway on transit. Probably this spot.

Ray Laks Honda. I could care less..GM products only for my family.

Edited by Misterbluesky

There’s a little dive hotel literally right next to the stadium that I stay at. It’s a dump and they overcharge big time the weekend of the home games, but’s it’s awfully convenient if you like to have a few beers and not drive home after the games. I can’t even remember the name of it....

edit: Red Carpet Inn

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206