Eric Moulds... What happened to him?

Just now, Braedenstearns said:

What ever happened to him? He was a good player as a bill and played with the bills for a long time! Was there a bad wrap with him and buffalo when he left? You never hear about him anymore.

...sure was.....he got all bent out of shape when his consecutive catch string was broken with zero pass attempts his way....had his "publicist(??)" reported that "Eric was very upset with the Bills organization because his consecutive catch string was broken"...a huge TEAM RECORD, right?...he got into a big tussle with Moolarkey and Ralph had to fly in from Detroit to hold his hand and calm the diva down...burned every bridge on his way outta town to Houston....sure he was on the roster through some very frustrating times, but take the high road out.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

He had a terrific career with Buffalo.  During his final few years with the team, it was clear that his skills were diminishing.  He was no longer the explosive deep threat that he once once.  By the time he left for Houston, he was on the downside of his career.  At one time, he averaged 20+ yards per attempt on 67 receptions.  His yardage was down to under 10 yards per catch.   

Still he has a very very good career with the Bills and I’d love to see him leading the heard at a home game someday

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sure was.....he got all bent out of shape when his consecutive catch string was broken with zero pass attempts his way....had his "publicist(??)" reported that "Eric was very upset with the Bills organization because his consecutive catch string was broken"...a huge TEAM RECORD, right?...he got into a big tussle with Moolarkey and Ralph had to fly in from Detroit to hold his hand and calm the diva down...burned every bridge on his way outta town to Houston....sure he was on the roster through some very frustrating times, but take the high road out.......

I knew something was up, but was unaware of all that. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I knew something was up, but was unaware of all that. That was kind of the period where I had left and the means to keep up with my Bills didn’t really exist the way they do today. 

Keep in mind, this was 2005.  Moulds’ better days were behind him.  The team got rid of him, but you can’t blame them.  He was out of the league two years later

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

Sorry. How do I do that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...here's a kid that was Ralph's prized possession......and to do what he did and how he did it, expressing his discontent through an effin' "publicist"?......guess his SECRETARY had the day off......lost ALL respect for him.....

Honestly, who cares? His talents were wasted on terrible teams, playing with terrible QB's and for terrible coaches.

Every single fan of the team has said much worse about the team than he has.

He was an awesome player and deserves to be remembered for that, not a single moment of frustration with the garbage organization he played for.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I seem to remember that we had to choose between Moulds and Pat Williams

Really wanted to keep Pat who went on to be pretty good for the Vikings.

Didn’t he also get into a bit of trouble on the famous Vikings booze cruise?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Eric was very upset with the Bills organization because his consecutive catch string was broken

You don't mess with a man's team record

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Honestly, who cares? His talents were wasted on terrible teams, playing with terrible QB's and for terrible coaches.

Every single fan of the team has said much worse about the team than he has.

He was an awesome player and deserves to be remembered for that, not a single moment of frustration with the garbage organization he played for.

Thanks. he was a beacon in a garbage pile

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...here's a kid that was Ralph's prized possession......and to do what he did and how he did it, expressing his discontent through an effin' "publicist"?......guess his SECRETARY had the day off......lost ALL respect for him.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/PatrickMoranBSD/status/448540611277103104/photo/1

We all have bad days. Seems Eric Moulds thought pretty highly of Ralph Wilson.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

You don't mess with a man's team record

I remember a few years back when Reggie Wayne played a whole game without a catch and the whole game the announcers were lamenting him losing his team record.

Well at the end of the game they threw him a little screen pass to keep his record going. There's no reason the Bills couldn't have done something like that for Moulds.

• Like (+1) 2