Have you ever been arrested and what for?

57 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Jeebus Christmas that's a tad excessive!! 

When I got my first underage drinking ticket I was 17 years old and at a house party.  I was standing out front with a couple buddies watching the spectacle (basically the cops were just telling kids to go home), and I got the really smart idea to flick a beer cap at a police officer.  Never thought in a zillion years 
I would hit him...must have been 10-15 feet away.  SMACK...right in the forehead!!  I got tackled, cuffed, and brought to the drunk tank for the night.  Fortunately, I was polite and very apologetic, so the police officer took mercy on me.  I only got the ticket for underage drinking.  I think it was like $65 or something.

My uncle happened to be a Lieutenant for the city police.  I think that's the reason I spent the night in jail AND got off with just a ticket. 

That is an awesome story and an awesome shot.  

I once got a hand to the back of a neck and driven down by a cop after I walked outside a bar in Phoenix.  A group of about 5-6 guys in front of me got into a big brawl.  I didn't know these guys and wasn't involved but the cop thought I was.  

About 3 police cars showed up.  The cop that threw me down was this young, skinny guy.  After witnesses were questioned, they let me go.  Another old cop apologized to me saying it's difficult to figure out all who is involved in a group fight.  The skinny, young cop just looked at me and said I could go.  That guy was definitely a doosh....with a flat top hair cut.

I should have been arrested once. Few years ago after a Bills Thursday Night game. Got smashed. Stopped for gas on the way home, Houston cop pulls up to the pump next to mine. At this point, my registration had been out by a few months. I got out of the car and intentionally dilly dallied in the gas station for about ten minutes. He was out there waiting for me, but I refused to get into the car. He then lectures me to stop wasting my money on drinking "and get your f*cking car inspected." No ticket, no warning. Drove off. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Apparently, they called my ship to let them know.  Even though I wasn't formally charged, I got yelled at by our Executive Officer because we were days away from heading to South America as part of a 5-month cruise.  He screamed, "if you pull this **** down there, they'll lock you up and we won't be able to get you out!!"

Not the best experience, but I didn't get into trouble in South America!

I'd bet I got 50 of my sailors out of trouble.

Worst one was after being married for six weeks and being home a total of three days, I was enjoying a nice evening with my newlywed wife, and the call comes in.

Excusing myself, I drove in to the base and got the kid out.

I just told her it comes with the job.

30 minutes ago, eball said:

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

16 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

How did that work out for you?

When he hears a whistle blowin', he hangs his head and cries.

• Like (+1) 1

I think I know why I’ve never won the lottery. I beat far longer odds by never having been arrested. 

My son, however,  got arrested for buying beer with a fake ID his freshman year in college. (Again, alcohol related.) The underage possession of the beer was not a big deal.....but the fake ID was a VERY big deal! Identity theft. We told him “we’ve got an account set aside with college money for you, you can use that to get yourself out of this”. He got an attorney, did his community service and made it all go away. I would be a terrible shame to permanently stain a young person’s record for something so silly. I have a freind who had to do background checks on some board members, and some of the stuff that came up was ridiculous!  

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think I know why I’ve never won the lottery. I beat far longer odds by never having been arrested. 

My son, however,  got arrested for buying beer with a fake ID his freshman year in college. (Again, alcohol related.) The underage possession of the beer was not a big deal.....but the fake ID was a VERY big deal! Identity theft. We told him “we’ve got an account set aside with college money for you, you can use that to get yourself out of this”. He got an attorney, did his community service and made it all go away. I would be a terrible shame to permanently stain a young person’s record for something so silly. I have a freind who had to do background checks on some board members, and some of the stuff that came up was ridiculous!  

My friend had an extra Sheriffs picture Id card, drivers license were paper and had no picture back then, so we cut his picture out and took a Polaroid in my yard and carefully reconstructed the card. I used it for almost 2 years before a doorman at Mulligans Sunset beach took it away, it was falling apart. Luckily I got my real one a week later on 18th bday. I don't remember identity theft being a thing back then, a lot of kids had fake ids. You didn't even need id to fly, you could fly as whoever's name was on the ticket.

42 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That is an awesome story and an awesome shot.  

I once got a hand to the back of a neck and driven down by a cop after I walked outside a bar in Phoenix.  A group of about 5-6 guys in front of me got into a big brawl.  I didn't know these guys and wasn't involved but the cop thought I was.  

About 3 police cars showed up.  The cop that threw me down was this young, skinny guy.  After witnesses were questioned, they let me go.  Another old cop apologized to me saying it's difficult to figure out all who is involved in a group fight.  The skinny, young cop just looked at me and said I could go.  That guy was definitely a doosh....with a flat top hair cut.

Yeesh....similar experience here...

I got my head “pile-drived” right into a brick wall outside a bar in Geneva one night during my sophomore year of college.  Two unmarked police SUVs screached into the parking lot, about 4-5 cops jumped out, and my friend and I got tackled. 

Turns out a guy who matched my description stole a bottle of booze from behind the bar I was drinking at and then ran out when confronted on the dance floor (with liquor bottle in hand).  Amazing that there was more than one 5’11” Caucasian males with light brown hair at a bar in Geneva, NY ?

F$&@ed my head up pretty bad....had road rash from my forehead all the way down the side of my face.  I didn’t get an apology.  The funniest part was I was drinking in the bar under age.  The cops never even ID’ed me!  

17 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

My friend had an extra Sheriffs picture Id card, drivers license were paper and had no picture back then, so we cut his picture out and took a Polaroid in my yard and carefully reconstructed the card. I used it for almost 2 years before a doorman at Mulligans Sunset beach took it away, it was falling apart. Luckily I got my real one a week later on 18th bday. I don't remember identity theft being a thing back then, a lot of kids had fake ids. You didn't even need id to fly, you could fly as whoever's name was on the ticket.

My how times have changed! I’ve caused one accident in my life. I was 17 and going out to buy MORE beer for the gang at my house. I rear ended a very nice couple at a red light. Cops barely questioned me. My girlfriends parents used to pick us up from the movies with their “roadies” sloshing around as we careened off snowbanks on the side of the road.  Cops would just follow drunk people home to be sure they went slow. This all seems so hard to believe now! 

My son with the fake ID was facing a FELONY charge for identity theft....just to buy some beer at 18.  It was thou$and$ And a ton of community service to make that go away.

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

My how times have changed! I’ve caused one accident in my life. I was 17 and going out to buy MORE beer for the gang at my house. I rear ended a very nice couple at a red light. Cops barely questioned me. My girlfriends parents used to pick us up from the movies with their “roadies” sloshing around as we careened off snowbanks on the side of the road.  Cops would just follow drunk people home to be sure they went slow. This all seems so hard to believe now! 

My son with the fake ID was facing a FELONY charge for identity theft....just to buy some beer at 18.  It was thou$and$ And a ton of community service to make that go away.

That seems so harsh compared to growing up in the 70s. Sorry to hear that, glad it is behind him. The penalties are so severe now, we were fortunate to avoid such troubles as kids.

• Like (+1) 1

In college my friend was doing a photography project for some elective he was taking. We went down near General Mills to some of the abandoned grain sites to get shots. Picture where Riverworks is now for the Buffalo crowd.

Well within twenty minutes we had four patrol cars on site and I was thrown to the ground in a pile of goose ****. All of us were arrested for trespassing and our car towed. It’s super funny to be at Riverworks and see people snapping pictures in front of the very site I was arrested a few years prior. 

We pled our case to the cops, but they kept saying we must have ditched our paint/drugs before they came. I think they knew arresting us was ridiculous, but they did it anyway. 

Edited by Rockpile233

19 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

In college my friend was doing a photography project for some elective he was taking. We went down near General Mills to some of the abandoned grain sites to get shots. Picture where Riverworks is now for the Buffalo crowd.

Well within twenty minutes we had four patrol cars on site and I was thrown to the ground in a pile of goose ****. All of us were arrested for trespassing and our car towed. It’s super funny to be at Riverworks and see people snapping pictures in front of the very site I was arrested a few years prior. 

We pled our case to the cops, but they kept saying we must have ditched our paint/drugs before they came. I think they knew arresting us was ridiculous, but they did it anyway. 

This reminds me of my ex-brother-in-law who got arrested for “stealing” a cherry tomato off the salad bar at Wendy’s. I’m not kidding. The guy is a nerdy little doctor now, probably in medical school then, and they made a big stinkin’ deal out of it. He got before a judge who was BIG TIME pissed to have wasted his time dealing with something so petty. Sometimes a little thinking is a good thing! 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I got into a fight my freshman year in college in Atlanta.  Cops came and broke it up.

Cop asked me for my ID.  I gave him my fake from Oklahoma.

He asked me what I’m doing here from Oklahoma.  I said I was a junior college transfer from Oklahoma City JUCO and now playing baseball at Georgia Tech.  

I begged him him to let me go because I was the lead off hitter for GT and we’re expected to go to the College World Series.  If Coach Hall (GT coach at the time) finds out about this, I lose my scholarship.  He bought it and told me to sleep it off....had to call a friend to pick me up.

My friend is a Lawyer and told me I probably would have been in serious trouble if the Cop didn’t buy my story.  Lying to a cop, presenting a fake to a cop, underage drinking and assault.