JGMcD2

Does anyone else plan on getting a subscription to The Athletic?

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

What's Timmah's record for most days between being a douche on Twitter?

Does Buffalo have a chapter of 'Rageaholics'?

1 hour ago, bbb said:

Shots fired from Graham to Harrington?:

Thank you for reminding me why I refuse to support anything those jackasses do.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

One thing is, so far, keeping me from signing up. His initials are tg and he is a petty, petulant child.  I'm not sure I want my hard earned $$$ going his way.

I'm still considering, but I think I'm going to do it.  I flat out rejected BN do to the poor articles they put out (hey, trust us, if you pay us we'll get better!), but I really like Fairburn and Cover1 enough that I don't mind paying just to support their efforts.  But I'm seriously having to convince myself to do it due to knowing TG benefits as well.  I may add an email to let the Athletic know just that.  Not that anyone cares, but it might make me feel a bit better.  :)

Edited by Acantha

So, what was Tim not interested in?

• Thanks 1

Henceforth, from this day forward, the Buffalo News, Tim Graham, Twitter, The Athletic,  Jerry Sullivan affair shall be referred to as "PaywallGate"

14 minutes ago, SDS said:

I would definitely like to know. 

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

Henceforth, from this day forward, the Buffalo News, Tim Graham, Twitter, The Athletic,  Jerry Sullivan affair shall be referred to as "PaywallGate"

man.. I have never seen people get worked up so much about paying to what accounts to less than 1 beer per month.

How the hell do the Bills ever get a dime out of the people on this board!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SDS said:

Speaking to Harrington, apparently.  :lol:

Goes back to who Graham is as a person...who takes a private conversation -- from a colleague, no less -- and throws it out on Twitter?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

There's only so much 'discretionary income' to throw around.

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

There's only so much 'discretionary income' to throw around.

if you anyone sweating .10 a day..or $3.00 a month..they got bigger worries than weatehr or not to be reading the Athletic and BN..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

man.. I have never seen people get worked up so much about paying to what accounts to less than 1 beer per month.

I chose not to give Tim Graham my beer money.  Hope he learns the hard way that being an ahole on Twitter doesn't help with subscriptions aka $$$

1 hour ago, bbb said:

Shots fired from Graham to Harrington?:

Just when you think he cant be a bigger douche, he says "Hold my Vinegar and Water, and watch this..."

• Haha 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

if you anyone sweating .10 a day..or $3.00 a month..they got bigger worries than weatehr or not to be reading the Athletic and BN..

We had a saying for that when dealing with management during contract negotiations: 'tripping over hundred dollar bills to pick up nickels'.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, SDS said:

If I had to guess, I'd say a social media decorum class.

Edited by sodbuster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TikiTailgateRentals said:

I chose not to give Tim Graham my beer money.  Hope he learns the hard way that being an ahole on Twitter doesn't help with subscriptions aka $$$

There's no way to quantify this, but I haven't seen a single person suggest they're canceling their subscription to the Athletic.  OTOH, I've seen a boatload of people suggest they've signed up for him.  

No I do not.  I refuse to pay for content.  There ar4 different methods of making money off of a high traffic sports website and IMO the ones that have adopted a subscription model like the athletic will not work.  I much prefer a model like the Ringer, which has advertisements.  

As far as Tim Graham I had to unfollow him on Twitter years ago because he was such a smart ass.  I don't know the man at all but the way he comes across on Twitter was, IMO, not only petty but embarrassing.

I like Fairburn's podcast with Joe B.....and I'll just continue to listen to that for free.  If they decide to charge for that eventually I'll listen to the next guy who fills the non subscription model vacuum.  

2 hours ago, stony said:

Just signed up!

Does it count if directed toward Harrington?

No.

TG gets a "not a douche" pass on anything tweeted about Harrington...

52 minutes ago, eball said:

Speaking to Harrington, apparently.  :lol:

Goes back to who Graham is as a person...who takes a private conversation -- from a colleague, no less -- and throws it out on Twitter?

I’m glad none of my conversations get out on Twitter. I’m sure I’d have mean looking people at my door within seconds.

51 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Pay for “news”? Lulz.

News is generic.   But how about entertainment and insight?     

Quality writing's worth paying for, just like quality music, quality movies, quality beer, quality women... 

52 minutes ago, stony said:

There's no way to quantify this, but I haven't seen a single person suggest they're canceling their subscription to the Athletic.  OTOH, I've seen a boatload of people suggest they've signed up for him.  

A whole boatload?  That will pay Timmah's bar tab for a month, not much else.  

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Thank you for reminding me why I refuse to support anything those jackasses do.

For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone with anything to lose would ever participate in "social media".

I also have no idea why a so called professional--at anything---would get involved in this new breed of online mud slinging.

It is totally unprofessional, lowers the so-called professional to the level of the worst in society, and casts the poster of this **** in a really negative light.

I don't follow the stuff myself, but you can't avoid these references in various threads at this and other forums.

I guess I’m in the minority here but I’m not paying - for the same reason I wouldn’t pay for the Buffalo Bills.  There’s more than enough free coverage and while I love Fairburn and Graham (Not a fan of Turner), excludes articles from them just doesn’t entice me.  

Maybe if they continue to evolve, it will change my mind but now I don’t feel that I would get the $40 or so out of the subscription.  

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

It does.  Graham is a child, a brat and an attention whore who can't have a discussion with anyone unless he can always be right.

Remind me to start calling Turbo 'shoutbox Timmah' :)

• Haha 1