Its June 18th- And I hate Summer Already

plenzmd1

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Freaking 100 today, no sports to watch at night, its light way too long, Bills are 6 weeks away from Camp, wife slows down at work so she wants to do more stuff t"ogether."..summer just sucks.

And it seems like it has been summer for 3 months already.

The dog days of summer.   (When the wife dogs your sorryass)

Lol. Waah! Today was a brisk 93 here. I bit a cool front is moving through with rain expected. The predicted high temp for the remainder of the week is 90, and I am happy with that. And, yo don't understand what real humidity is until you've experienced 95 degrees with 95 %RH. Yes, that sucks, but I'll take 100 degrees over freezing any day!

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I love summer! (And spring and fall - winter blows.) Reading about your 8 weeks made me more than a little sad.....

My mother just returned from a month at my sister’s in Wisconsin. She complained about how cold it was every night, and the daytime highs could be 60 or 95.  Weather is important to my happiness. I wouldn’t live that way. 

I like fall, except I find it somewhat depressing because I know what comes next......

You live in Atlanta so you don't have to worry about winter lol.

12 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

You live in Atlanta so you don't have to worry about winter lol.

A couple snowflakes in the air and we are in full panic mode!!! 

Actually, it’s not severe weather I mind that much. If it’s 50 it might as well be 5. I like to play tennis at least a few times a week for the exercise. To me, it’s either tennis weather or it’s not. Anything below 60 degrees sucks! If I catch a cool breeze while I’m sweating that's SO wrong! It reminds me of shoveling snow growing up. Horrible flash backs!  ?

Just now, Augie said:

A couple snowflakes in the air and we are in full panic mode!!! 

Actually, it’s not severe weather I mind that much. If it’s 50 it might as well be 5. I like to play tennis at least a few times a week for the exercise. To me, it’s either tennis weather or it’s not. Anything below 60 degrees sucks! If I catch a cool breeze while I’m sweating that's SO wrong! It reminds me of shoveling snow growing up. Horrible flash backs!  ?

I agree bigtime. I remember in Miami when I was there it was in the 50s at night or around 60 and I was sitting there shivering. This was in March and when it was in the Upper 70s during the day. You from Buffalo originally?

3 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

I agree bigtime. I remember in Miami when I was there it was in the 50s at night or around 60 and I was sitting there shivering. This was in March and when it was in the Upper 70s during the day. You from Buffalo originally?

Born and raised in Buffalo! Moved south for college (Cincinnati), then further south after college (Hilton Head, SC), then to Florida. First time moving north was to Atlanta. It’s not cold that I mind, it’s the lack of tennis/exercise. I LOVE fall, but after that I lose tennis for 4-5 months. That sucks. If I lived farther north they have indoor courts to get your fix. When it’s 40’s and raining here for months on end....THAT sucks. I’d rather have 20 and snow. 

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I'm with you.  Thankful for everyday but Summer is the worst.  Give me the Fall, everyday all day.  Even prefer Winter to this.

I don't think I'd go as far to say I prefer winter to this, but fall definitely. I do not understand the people that love this weather. The only thing that would make it somewhat enjoyable is a nice big in ground pool to come home to. Even then I don't know if it's worth it 

Stop drinking beer...it's worked wonders for my weight :-)

16 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Freaking 9 am and the outside portion of the day is completed. So 12 hours of staring at the baking grass outside.No wonder i gain i weight in the summer

23 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Freaking 9 am and the outside portion of the day is completed. So 12 hours of staring at the baking grass outside.No wonder i gain i weight in the summer

At least you can see outside.  I'm stuck in the middle of the building under an AC vent that I would swear is putting out 50 degree air.  So I freeze all day while sitting under artificial light.  When I get home and hear about how hot the day was, I'm caught completely off guard because I only got outside for about 5 minutes of that weather.

My biggest weather related complaint is the inconsistency in seasonal temperatures here in Cleveland.  Cold Augusts, hot in January and March. If it's winter, give me the cold temps and snow so I can cross country ski, etc.  I hate muddy winters!

But I'm a change of seasons guy.  Wouldn't be able to stand the south or California.

A low 70s glorious fall day with crisp 40's at night to savor a dark beer next to the fire is just incomparable.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:53 AM, The Poojer said:

Stop drinking beer...it's worked wonders for my weight ?

I used to drink one or two glasses of red wine every night. I switched to one or two beers a couple times a week and dropped almost ten pounds, over a few months. I am also getting more exercise now that summer is here.

I have a 16 x 32 foot in ground pool. Keeping that clean and balanced is a lot of work. Extreme heat and humidity knocks me out because of my MS. After some work in the garden and maintaining a large yard, I use the pool to exercise, reduce my body temperature, and just cool off.

I love all four seasons but I hate extremes in weather ANY time. Looking forward to summer parties. day trips, a couple short vacations (Catskills and Adirondacks), summer festivals and open air music. The Rochester International Jazz Festival just started, so we are hoping to see Brian Seltzer tonight downtown.

I dislike winter the most but like to get outside whenever I can, doing something besides shoveling snow. I love my snow shoes and wooded trails. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That season last nine months in N California.

Yea, and I enjoy Northern CA but I like more of a change of seasons.  Definitely somewhere I'll consider retiring to if I can somehow afford it.

I'm the kind of guy that took up steelhead fishing in part because now I look forward to the fall and spring rains.  Dreary days push steelhead in!