Chuck “The Coach” Dickerson Needs His Own Bills Podcast

In 2018, when just about everyone in sports media has a podcast, it made me think of one person who I feel the podcast medium would be perfect for - “The Coach” Chuck Dickerson!

I would listen to The Coach after each Bills game and his rants would be legendary.  I even remember a few years ago (maybe 2005) when he came back on 1180 AM in Rochester to do a Bills postgame show.  

Coach is still alive and well living in the Chicago area and I really feel that a post Bills game podcast would really be a good listen.  

What do you think?

His takes were legendary, but typically for the wrong reason.  He was a complete blowhard that chose to purposely go against what the Bills were doing out of spite.

I could not stand him then when he knew what they were doing - I doubt I would listen now when he is just another person.

I would rather listen to old takes of Art Wander rather than the “coach”.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 3

I disagree with y’all.  I remember back in the 1994 when the wheels fell off of the Bills Super Bowl teams - largely because the defense stunk.  Coach was on Marv’s arse every week about the defense, as well as about poor game planning overall.  He called for the firing of Walt Corey and Dick Roach.  He was 100% spot on, as Marv fired Corey and enjoyed a few good seasons thanks to Wade rebuilding the defense.

Bottom line - he’s an entertaining guy.  Hope to hear him on the podcast airwaves again 

41 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I disagree with y’all.  I remember back in the 1994 when the wheels fell off of the Bills Super Bowl teams - largely because the defense stunk.  Coach was on Marv’s arse every week about the defense, as well as about poor game planning overall.  He called for the firing of Walt Corey and Dick Roach.  He was 100% spot on, as Marv fired Corey and enjoyed a few good seasons thanks to Wade rebuilding the defense.

Bottom line - he’s an entertaining guy.  Hope to hear him on the podcast airwaves again 

He single-handedly angered the Hogs on the Washington Redskins to such a state that they ripped us apart in the Super Bowl. He should be black-listed here forever. Biggest buffoon in Buffalo sports history.

• Like (+1) 3

Remember he used to call Greggg "the mouth that roared"   he hated that guy.

I loved listening to the coach, never did until the drought started, and he is generally a negative dude, but if the Bills are winning games i would imagine he'd be awesome.  I'd tune in for sure.

Learned a lot from his "coaches playbook", I had the print edition, wonder if it's online somewhere

22 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

lol, i got a lot of chuckles from him and he was negative a lot because the team sucked a lot.

Thats Bull - he started shortly after being fired after the 2nd Super Bowl.  The Bills were great through the early part - he was negative because the Bills fired his butt after the Redskin Super Bowl because he could not keep his mouth shut.

He was spiteful that he was scapegoated because of his loud mouth and brash talk - went to Radio and essentially destroyed any remaining bonds with that staff.

The man knew his stuff, but he did not know when to tone it down or rein it in.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

Coach and Art Wander were radio gold in the post SB years

.....the "The tiny tot of the kilowatt" was a notch above Dickerson and all the rest when it came to local sports reporter buffoons

Let me see. "Caspar Milquetoast"  sums up everything you ever need to know about Dickerson.

He was a loud mouthed, overly sensitive, jealous and unempathetic bully that liked picking on either  nice, smarter or more successful persons that he thought were better than him, persons that he felt he could tame or where he dreamed of doing such, or those that did not stroke his large butt and oversized ego, or who fired him. 

Did he provide entertainment and humor, and have some insight to some things.. Yes, and that is why I listened to his show for awhile. But, he was driven by his own insecurities and failures, and I eventually got sick of his personna and negativity, as learning about the Bills and hearing open minded or intelligent views was more important to me eventually than being entertained his way.

The last thing we need to hear now is a hateful, negative person to try to unrail the progress the Bills are trying to make. I am fine with hearing some fair critiques and the truth about the Bills, but much of what he said was fiction and with intent to brings others down to his level. He was the comic book character, and not those others he belittled. He knew that. 

So, when he called often another Dudley Doright, Caspar Milquetoast, That Little Pimple, etc., he was actually talking about himself, as he knew he was the one doing wrong, talked with a loud mouth and bullied others, and as he knew was far from being a little guy. If I want to be entertained that way, I would go to the circus, or listen to those political others, that are doing much of the same.

• Like (+1) 3