Matthew Fairburn leaving Syracuse.com for the Athletic

Looks like he’s moving on from Syracuse.com.

I was always a fan of his work. He was a breath of fresh air compared to the jaded individuals at Buffalo News. He will be missed! 

Edited by Idandria
  • Like (+1) 3

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

6 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

I like him but I could without the headlines like "seven takeaways" , "five things you need to know", "ten players on the bubble", etc...

Headlines are normally done by the editor, not the reporter.

15 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Maybe he is going to the Buffalo News!!??!

....with the mass exodus, they better have a plan in place......maybe Roch-Cha-Cha's WHAM sends 'em Bobby "The American" Matthews.........for a 2037 7th round conditional...

Is it because they drafted Josh Allen??

19 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

I like him but I could without the headlines like "seven takeaways" , "five things you need to know", "ten players on the bubble", etc...

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Headlines are normally done by the editor, not the reporter.

So when the reporters hands his editor articles that are actual, lists such as "seven takeaways" and "5 things you need to know", etc. , what headline is his editor supposed to write?

22 hours ago, SDS said:

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

Noob question here.. but how to you change title. I can’t figure it out. I rarely start threads FWIW. 

Edited by Idandria

3 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Fairburn, Vogl and Graham to the Athletic.

Fairburn - Bills

Vogl - Sabres

Graham - Bills and Sabres

Nice lineup...just signed up for the two-year plan...

Edited by Lurker

Vogl: Seeking the best stories in the most unexpected places...

The goal of The Athletic is to go beyond the box score. It’s done with the reader in mind. It seemed like the perfect place to land.

I’m not alone. Kris Baker, who knows the Sabres’ prospects better than anyone, is onboard to keep you informed about the future players. Analytics are a huge part of hockey, and Ryan Stimson, who co-hosts and speaks at analytic conferences, will give context to the Sabres’ numbers.

A Buffalo site wouldn’t be complete without the Bills. Matthew Fairburn has quickly risen to prominence at One Bills Drive, and he’s determined to deliver the best information in the most interesting fashion. And Tim Graham will provide his award-winning, thought-provoking coverage for both teams.