Johnny (Canadian) Football Alert

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ti-Cats @ Stampeders

ESPN2 7pm tonight (6/15) It's Manziel's CFL debut.

Thanks for the heads up, Promo.

EDIT:  Tonight is 6/16.  ;)

Edited by Gugny
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Will not play unless starter goes down with an injury

If I remember correctly, Calgary's stadium has a grassy knoll...

I miss the old Ottawa franchise's games against Saskatchewan.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

But does he block punts and cream return men as a gunner?

No, but he might have an endorsement contract with a small used car lot on Barton St.  Not sure either, but he might have a 5 minute podcast with a guy from the Beamsville Picayune-Register.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Johnny Eightball getting sacked in CFL debut...

AWESOME! They took their time, and it wasn’t quite Mike Curtis with the Colts....but that was AWESOME. He got what he deserved! 

BTW - I haven’t had Canadian bacon in forever. Sorry, bacon can jump into the front of my mind with no warning....

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

AWESOME! They took their time, and it wasn’t quite Mike Curtis with the Colts....but that was AWESOME. He got what he deserved! 

BTW - I haven’t had Canadian bacon in forever. Sorry, bacon can jump into the front of my mind with no warning....

I like the teammate who chest bumps after the hit, then bends over at the waist because, one can only assume, he was laughing so hard. It’s close to the Mike Curtis one but you’re right, probably not as hard. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Augie said:

AKA .. Ham.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/18/2018 at 12:39 AM, Gugny said:

AKA .. Ham.

That depends.  What the McDonald's Corporation and a lot of Americans know as Canadian bacon IS ham.  When you're in Canada or in a border state, pork loin done in a light sweet brine, then coated in cornmeal is 'peameal bacon' or Canadian bacon.  Efforts by the current administration to rename both variations 'MAGA Ham' are rumoured.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1