Parents of Korean Vets

Well trumptards your moron in chief is at it again. Apparently Captain Cheeseburger talked to many parents of fallen sons from the Korean conflict on the 2016 campaign trail. Only problem is those parents would have been in their late 90s at the absolute youngest in 2016. Me thinks its just another day and yet another lie from the biggest liar in the history of the planet. What a shock.

Well Ive taken up enough of your time for now tards. I know most of you probably have a dozen or so goats lined up for another romantical weekend on the farm so get back at it.

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Well trumptards your moron in chief is at it again. Apparently Captain Cheeseburger talked to many parents of fallen sons from the Korean conflict on the 2016 campaign trail. Only problem is those parents would have been in their late 90s at the absolute youngest in 2016. Me thinks its just another day and yet another lie from the biggest liar in the history of the planet. What a shock.

Well Ive taken up enough of your time for now tards. I know most of you probably have a dozen or so goats lined up for another romantical weekend on the farm so get back at it.

You should provide a link. In the meantime I'll go look for a link to FDR's fireside chats on tv in 1932.

57 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We've had discussions on here that Trump's a pathological liar.  Nothing new.

Again...not a liar.  Just spews random nonsense.  Not connected enough to reality to lie about it.  

He probably did hear from families (widows, sons/daughters, grandkids) of Korean Vets, but he has a lot on his mind, like saving western civilization, and he got things a little jumbled in his speech.

Big !@#$ing deal.

Edited by OJABBA

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Again...not a liar.  Just spews random nonsense.  Not connected enough to reality to lie about it.  

A little of both probably.  If he was that unconnected from reality he wouldn't be able to function as president.  I love when Trump does those Fox and Friends interviews as his stream of consciousness thoughts he spews out would even make Freud throw his hands up in the air in surrender if he was still alive.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

A little of both probably.  If he was that unconnected from reality he wouldn't be able to function as president.  I love when Trump does those Fox and Friends interviews as his stream of consciousness thoughts he spews out would even make Freud throw his hands up in the air in surrender if he was still alive.

I think it's safe to say that he has received messages and spoken to family members of Korean Vets. So if in his speech preparation, it's says something like "talked to family members" and during the course of just one of thousands of times he speaks to the media, his mind reaches out for the words and they come to him as "parents", why would you think he is attempting to deceive?

What would be gained?

Would it be any different if he instead said "many widows" or "many children"?

I don't think so. I think this is nitpicking.

35 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

I think it's safe to say that he has received messages and spoken to family members of Korean Vets. So if in his speech preparation, it's says something like "talked to family members" and during the course of just one of thousands of times he speaks to the media, his mind reaches out for the words and they come to him as "parents", why would you think he is attempting to deceive?

What would be gained?

Would it be any different if he instead said "many widows" or "many children"?

I don't think so. I think this is nitpicking.

He doesn't prepare for interviews.  If he does prepare, I'm even more concerned.  Of course it was nitpicking.  It's what the opposite political side does.  How many times did we have to hear about Obama's 57 states slip up?  Bush had so many "Bushisms" they made posters out of it.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

He doesn't prepare for interviews.  If he does prepare, I'm even more concerned.  Of course it was nitpicking.  It's what the opposite political side does.  How many times did we have to hear about Obama's 57 states slip up?  Bush had so many "Bushisms" they made posters out of it.

Right, but you associated this misstep with pathological lying. There might be other instances to point to, to make that case. This isn't one of them. 

I've never cared about any president's verbal slips, unless it was funny.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Tom, I’ve always appreciated your clinical diagnoses on this and other mental impairments, but a disconnect from the truth on such a frequent basis (over 3,000 half truths or outright falsehoods and counting since he took office), no matter the psychological reason behind it, is not something that can be so readily excused for the person holding this office. “Random nonsense” comes in many forms; UNTRUE random nonsense spewed with such frequent regularity, often with the intent to mislead and deflect, is not something that should be viewed as a “he can’t help it because he’s sick” affliction. It deserves no sympathy.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Not everyone can be a smooth talker like barry.

28 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Tom, I’ve always appreciated your clinical diagnoses on this and other mental impairments, but a disconnect from the truth on such a frequent basis (over 3,000 half truths or outright falsehoods and counting since he took office), no matter the psychological reason behind it, is not something that can be so readily excused for the person holding this office. “Random nonsense” comes in many forms; UNTRUE random nonsense spewed with such frequent regularity, often with the intent to mislead and deflect, is not something that should be viewed as a “he can’t help it because he’s sick” affliction. It deserves no sympathy.

It's not a clinical diagnosis, just an observation.  Nor is it an expression of sympathy.  

I find that assuming everything that emits from President (*^*&%^$^#emanates from an alternate reality unrelated to ours, and thus taking not the least bit serious anything and everything he says and tweets, provides me a much better understanding of world and national events.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's not a clinical diagnosis, just an observation.  Nor is it an expression of sympathy.  

I find that assuming everything that emits from President (*^*&%^$^#emanates from an alternate reality unrelated to ours, and thus taking not the least bit serious anything and everything he says and tweets, provides me a much better understanding of world and national events.  

Appreciate the clarification. 

3 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

This one was hilarious. 

Trump spoke to thousands of Korean War vets parents.

Thousands.

This is our President. People actually believe him! 

Meh, not really. Most people understand his compulsive hyperbole, and can figure out that it's an exaggeration. Doesn't really rate high, when weighed against his accomplishments.

Get used to it (I mean him accomplishing great things, AND his exaggerations). It will be a very long 8 years if you don't. ❤️

Edited by OJ Tom