Favorite Beatles Album

Gugny

Your Favorite Beatles Album  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which Beatles album is your favorite (not necessarily which you think is best) and why?

• Please Please Me
    • Meet the Beatles
    • Hard Day's Night
    • Beatles For Sale
    • Help!
    • Rubber Soul
    • Revolver
    • Magical Mystery Tour
    • White Album
    • Yellow Submarine
    • Abbey Road
    • Let it Be
    • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (out of order, but I somehow left it out)

45 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Honestly, I never understood how someone using your song to sell that product, assuming you're not opposed to the product itself, devalues the artistic value of your song. As long as you're not writing them intentionally to be used in ads.

it's an honour we still exalt The Beatles 50 years later to this extent

i try not to voluntarily watch commercials, usually taping or flipping during them

reminds me, time with the parents next week where they sit there and watch all the ads and laugh out loud even the 500th time they've seen them.... oh well it's the worst thing I can say....

Edited by row_33

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

it's an honour we still exalt The Beatles 50 years later to this extent

i try not to voluntarily watch commercials, usually taping or flipping during them

reminds me, time with the parents next week where they sit there and watch all the ads and laugh out loud even the 500th time they've seen them.... oh well it's the worst thing I can say....

Only time I ever watch a commercial is during a sporting event. Even then it's rare. I usually start the hockey games about 45-60 minutes after they start, and catch up around the last ten minutes of the game. And I watch Bills games at a Bills Backers Bar with a DJ that plays music during the commercials. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SoTier said:

I voted for "Meet the Beatles" ... I think it was the first record album I bought ... and I wore the vinyl out and eventually had to buy a new copy several years later. 

Did you buy it the year it came out? 

Mono or stereo?

in Canada the closest to that track listing was Beatlemania! With the same iconic cover and different chopped song selections

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Did you buy it the year it came out? 

Mono or stereo?

in Canada the closest to that track listing was Beatlemania! With the same iconic cover and different chopped song selections

I bought it in 1963, which was the year it came out I think.  Of course it was mono because I was thirteen and all I had was a "record player" to play mostly 45s (as opposed to a "stereo" which back in that day was an expensive piece of furniture like a TV).

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I bought it in 1963, which was the year it came out I think.  Of course it was mono because I was thirteen and all I had was a "record player" to play mostly 45s (as opposed to a "stereo" which back in that day was an expensive piece of furniture like a TV).

I showed up a few years later and remember those options very well.

how many 45s could you stack to play using some ingenuity?

i was surprised to read that the album was released in stereo at the time and that it was released a few days after the JFK assasination 

————-

i had had forgotten about the album The Beatles Story and will give it another listen through whatever means necessary this week

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

I had all those early Beatles US Mono LPs when I was a kid. Unfortunately, I wrote my name on the back covers. :doh:

i flipped through 1,000s for $1 or so during the 1980s in record stores

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, Rico said:

I think Naked is interesting, but Let It Be is canon. That’s what I’ve been listening to for almost 50 years now, and even though it’s not my fav, I wouldn’t change a thing on it.

That being said, I am a fan of the new White Album remaster, especially on the songs that rock, not so much on the quieter songs like I Will.

The White Album was always my favorite. I really liked "Savoy Truffle" and was never sure exactly why lol.

I looked up that song on Wiki and it said Harrison wrote it about Clapton's love for sweets, and how it was hurting his teeth ("you'll have to have them all pulled out after the savoy truffle").

Who knew?

20 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The White Album was always my favorite. I really liked "Savoy Truffle" and was never sure exactly why lol.

I looked up that song on Wiki and it said Harrison wrote it about Clapton's love for sweets, and how it was hurting his teeth ("you'll have to have them all pulled out after the savoy truffle").

Who knew?

were you around when the White Album was released?  If so, what did you think of it for your first listens?