Favorite Beatles Album

Gugny

Your Favorite Beatles Album  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which Beatles album is your favorite (not necessarily which you think is best) and why?

• Please Please Me
    • Meet the Beatles
    • Hard Day's Night
    • Beatles For Sale
    • Help!
    • Rubber Soul
    • Revolver
    • Magical Mystery Tour
    • White Album
    • Yellow Submarine
    • Abbey Road
    • Let it Be
    • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (out of order, but I somehow left it out)

44 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Check this out, it's Niagara Falls Hall of Fame guitarist Jamie Holka doing a great acoustic take on "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band."

Holka ia terrific. 

Was he inducted this year? I ask because my sister was in town for her 50th high school reunion and went to this year's introduction. 

My brother was an original member of the HOF (inducted posthumously). A high school friend of mine, Bob Hillman, was inducted this year.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Holka ia terrific. 

Was he inducted this year? I ask because my sister was in town for her 50th high school reunion and went to this year's introduction. 

My brother was an original member of the HOF (inducted posthumously). A high school friend of mine, Bob Hillman, was inducted this year.

Yes, he was. So was his longtime collaborator Bruce Wojick.

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Yes, he was. So was his longtime collaborator Bruce Wojick.

Great. I'll have to check it out.

Edited by The Dean

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I came across this amazing cover of Eleanor Rigby by a group called the Brothers Comatose.Absolutely wonderful.

THAT was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

--------------------

on a highly expert site, this is listed as one of the few pop songs with descending key changes... on the chorus... i don't understand what this means though, only got my grade 8 in piano... and the vocal melody ascends at the same time.... i can discern it for the piano on the Kinks Sunny Afternoon, a bit more obvious

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/6/2020 at 5:32 PM, row_33 said:

But John gets edged out by the more arch nasal tones of George in harmonies....  one of the better examples

It's still peak John before being addled by Dylan/drugs/Yoko (listed in order of ascending debilitation)

10 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

It's still peak John before being addled by Dylan/drugs/Yoko (listed in order of ascending debilitation)

it was the 60s, lots of strange stuff went down, especially among normal people like one's great-aunt and uncle  :D

as the years go by it it all gets better, random snippets of their songs out there are helpful\

did the best John voice peak with Money? 

-------------------------------------------

the best harmony mix of MacLen on record, even in the same channel, why didn't they do this again, or at least this clearly????  :(

i chime in that this is in 6/8 to accommodate the  2 "middle" eights

Edited by row_33

On 1/9/2020 at 9:31 AM, row_33 said:

it was the 60s, lots of strange stuff went down, especially among normal people like one's great-aunt and uncle  :D

as the years go by it it all gets better, random snippets of their songs out there are helpful\

did the best John voice peak with Money? 

Nah. Revolver is peak beatles, everything after is just kinda bleh to me.

After that you have the appearance of the likes of Black Sabbath, and the ascendancy of the Who.