PFF draft grades

10 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I don't disagree, but by Beane's own words the job of a GM is to pick a quarterback. You screw it up at a quarterback year you're going to pay thrme price. And it won't be after this year, these things usually take 3 years to shake out and then you know. So I don't think you pick another quarterback next year no way.

McBeane are decisive, I think they will know by the end of the season if Allen is going to be the guy.  And as long as they keep doing everything else right, I think Pegs will support them in trying another pick.  McBeane are passionate about winning but dispassionate about who gets them there, that's a winning combination.

I just think its a whole new universe for us, the goal of this FO is to win championships, not sell season tickets and inflate the sale value of a struggling franchise.  I think Pegs trust The Process and wont worry about some fans and pundits saying "we got the wrong Josh".

• Thank you (+1) 1

Josh Allen has a higher ceiling than Rosen but Rosen could very well look great this year....how

much better Rosen can get and whether he can stay healthy are the issues with him.  

Edited by SCBills

3 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

McBeane are decisive, I think they will know by the end of the season if Allen is going to be the guy.  And as long as they keep doing everything else right, I think Pegs will support them in trying another pick.  McBeane are passionate about winning but dispassionate about who gets them there, that's a winning combination.

I just think its a whole new universe for us, the goal of this FO is to win championships, not sell season tickets and inflate the sale value of a struggling franchise.  I think Pegs trust The Process and wont worry about some fans and pundits saying "we got the wrong Josh".

Pegulas have made a fine decision with McBeanes.
I expect them to stick with it regardless of Allen. That being said , Allen was worth the shot they took. And really prepared to draft him.
And scoring Edmunds , if he becomes what we hope he does ? he will become one of the best pickups across the league for many years to come.

At a need position and arguably one of McDermotts " keys to the game" player. This is as important to watch as is Allen over next 3 years !

Go Bills

8 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Sorry, there's no way they're going to make a decision after one year. This is a three-year process and therein lies the danger. Do you set the franchise back or move it forward. That'll tell the tale. I like these guys and I want them to succeed but you got to be realistic. Allen was a high-stakes pick we're just going to have to see.

On 6/16/2018 at 7:13 AM, BigDingus said:

You're going to have to...he's had these issues at every stage of his career.

Not being able to read a HS or college defense isn't really something you just grow out of at the NFL level.

You mean his whopping two years at a legit college program?   So "every stage" of his career means like 20 total games where there was game planning and basic similarities to a pro style offense.

There is zero evidence he can't "read" HS or college defenses.  Highest test score of all the top rook qb's, and is considered to have a strong football i.q. and ability to not make mistakes twice.

On 6/16/2018 at 10:48 PM, Green Lightning said:

I don't think it'll be that easy. If our Josh stinks and the other Josh excels I don't think they survive. Conversely, they'll be heroes if it works. This was the year to pick a quarterback, the talent drops off next year.

That's just not reality. The rap on Allen was accuracy and process time. And it came from almost all draft evaluators.  Allen is boom or bust. If it's the later, Mcbeane can't say they weren't inform of it. Especially if Rosen excels and Allen doesn't. 

So you're just going to completely ignore that almost all draft evaluators are wrong consistently and constantly?  Analytics shows you and they are wrong - now what?  Just ignore that?

Boom or bust is a joke - there's no way to predict that.  

He's not the QB you wanted - just say that and stop your clamoring about possessing ability to predict the future.  Especially when you're going to bring along other sources that try and predict the future and have been proven to be wrong.  

Edited by White Linen

7 hours ago, White Linen said:

So you're just going to completely ignore that almost all draft evaluators are wrong consistently and constantly?  Analytics shows you and they are wrong - now what?  Just ignore that?

Boom or bust is a joke - there's no way to predict that.  

He's not the QB you wanted - just say that and stop your clamoring about possessing ability to predict the future.  Especially when you're going to bring along other sources that try and predict the future and have been proven to be wrong.  

Well that made zero sense, but maybe your little rant made you feel better. My post that you quoted was reacting to the statement that McBeane would make a quarterback change next year and draft another one if they thought Alan couldn't cut it. I said I don't think it would be that easy, it's at least a three-year project and no way would they only give Allen next year. And then you went off like a bottle rocket, so go figure. The discussion was not about your man crush on Allen, it was about McBeane's future being tied to the Allen pick, good or bad. Try reacting to things in context.

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Well that made zero sense, but maybe your little rant made you feel better. My post that you quoted was reacting to the statement that McBeane would make a quarterback change next year and draft another one if they thought Alan couldn't cut it. I said I don't think it would be that easy, it's at least a three-year project and no way would they only give Allen next year. And then you went off like a bottle rocket, so go figure. The discussion was not about your man crush on Allen, it was about McBeane's future being tied to the Allen pick, good or bad. Try reacting to things in context.

The first part came along because you responded to two posts - I should have deleted.  Clearly you responded to me then I to you - so nothing was taken out of context.  You and I were discussing your ability to see the future and also how you incorrectly evaluated Allen's accuracy.  I get it,  I'd avoid that if I was you too.    

6 hours ago, White Linen said:

The first part came along because you responded to two posts - I should have deleted.  Clearly you responded to me then I to you - so nothing was taken out of context.  You and I were discussing your ability to see the future and also how you incorrectly evaluated Allen's accuracy.  I get it,  I'd avoid that if I was you too.    

You and I must comprehend English differently if that's your take on the discussion.

7 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

You and I must comprehend English differently if that's your take on the discussion.

I'm sure you're a nice guy but you're boring me on this topic.  No worries, I'll move on.  

Edited by White Linen