NFL SiriusXM claims Buffalo did not make playoffs last season!

mileena

I am so angry. I was listening to the  Blitz with Bruce Murray and Brady Quinn on Wednesday on SiriusXM NFL. They were evalauating the Chargers and saying they were not that good of a team, despite their 9-7 record, since they failed to beat a single playoff team last season. And their wins only came against less competititve non-playoff teams.

He (either Murray or Quinn...not sure who) said it twice. He went over every game they played last season, in order, and said:

"The Chargers then beat Buffalo, Dallas, Cleveland, and Washingtom, all non-playoff teams."

Hello? When is Buffalo going to get the respect it deserves for being a solid playoff team last year? LA's win last year against us was a quality win against a powerful team. We were one of the top 12 teams last year. Period.

Thanks for the insult.

Edited by mileena
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Usuallly those guys are relatively accurate so surprising as I listened to part of that show, but I’ll take you’re word on the subject.  Surprised they actually said the Bills didn’t make the playoffs.  I’m not saying they are perfect, but Brady is usually accurate.  

If you talk all day, every day, you’re going to mess up sometimes. I’d trade that mess up for a certain PI call in London....

I think I should be over that by now....

We beat the Falcons and Chiefs. 

We went 3-1 against the AFC West which was considered the best division going into the season and 2-2 against the NFC South which was the best division in the league last year.

Typical uneducated reporting. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

We went 3-1 against the AFC West which was considered the best division going into the season and 2-2 against the NFC South which was the best division in the league last year.

They were talking about the Chargers, not the Bills.  The hub-bub comes in them saying the Chargers didn't beat any playoff teams, even listing the Bills as a win, suggesting they forgot the Bills were actually a Wild Card team.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billspro said:

They are no Marshall Faulk! 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Where does he live? 

Lets drag some of his furniture out of his house, light it on fire and jump on it.

That'll teach em.

Yeah, but then he'll complain his furnature wasn't even burned by fans of a playoff team... ?

The things is it was kind of a huge story that the longest playoff drought team ended its streak last year, as well in spectacular fashion with the Bengals win helping them get in and the whole Dalton foundation/ bills mafia thing.

Bills followers or not the story made the national news (albeit as a result of former buffalonians in the national media)...so how do these guys, covering the NFL daily, just not remember that?

Not saying they are wrong, but that doesn't make you right.  As much as I love this team, they were NOT a solid playoff team last year.  They backed into the playoffs with outside help and a little bit of good luck. 

• Like (+1) 1