Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

46 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Who is this "McBeane" and "mcdaboll"?

?

Seriously though, I don't know why everybody seems to want Nate to fail. Did he pee in their cereal??

I'm with you man, I hope they are all really good and we have a franchise guy and a good backup.

It's funny that so many of the draft experts that everybody ripped for "knowing nothing" had us pegged to trade up for Allen (which we did) and most of them had is targeting him at #5 in a swap with Denver (which we had in play until Chubb dropped) also have Peterman as a very high chance to win the starting job, and yet people are still saying they "know nothing".

This is often a problem with these threads. Literally NOBODY has suggested that they want Peterman to fail. It is a discussion about who they think will be the starting QB, and some think that Peterman is extremely unlikely to be the starter. Some think he sucks, and the game in LA was closer to who he is as a QB, and not an outlier. 

If Peterman does actually become the starter, will Kirby be the dumbest poster on this thread? Nope. All his points are valid. It's not a question of SMH. 

And, if you're going to assume these accusations, why does Burple want McCarron to fail? Did Burple used to date  McCarron's wife?

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You think that it’s a talented trio? I think that they have 2 guys that are backups and a high ceiling, low floor rookie. If Allen hits the ceiling the Bills are in good shape. If he doesn’t they will have one of the worst QB situations in the league. 

I tend to agree.  How do you think Allen's low floor compares to what you think of Nate and AJ's abilities?

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......what did I miss?....

That certain 'je ne sais quoi' that is the Buffalo fans' psyches.  There have been so many disappointments and 'about faces' in the front office, coaching, and on the field that no matter what good news is contained, the fans will find the negatives in the situation.

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...damn right I do.....and I sincerely apologize for overstepping my bounds with an OPINION that would dare to contradict "The Master of Doom & Gloom"......Jesus can't SMH enough with your quips.....

Not sure why you are so upset? You are entitled to your opinion. I don’t think it’s reasonable to say that the Bills have “a talented trio.” They have one of (if not the) most physically gifted QBs in the world. He has questions at this point. The other 2 have tons of questions. I’m sorry that you take that as “doom and gloom.” It’s reality though. If Allen hits his ceiling (or even close to it) the Bills QB situation is solved. If he doesn’t in 2 years we will be looking again like Denver with Paxton Lynch. That’s the way the NFL works. 

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That certain 'je ne sais quoi' that is the Buffalo fans' psyches.  There have been so many disappointments and 'about faces' in the front office, coaching, and on the field that no matter what good news is contained, the fans will find the negatives in the situation.

my friend, your are 1,038.93% CORRECT without question.....it's the "here we go AGAIN" refrain...BUT.....look at the patchwork gang of misfits, unqualifieds, and "over the hill codgers" that were in charge our the OBD FOOTBALL (perhaps FOOSBALL is better?) operations post Polian....and now we have a 40 year old GM, a true bred football guy who started as an unpaid intern in 1998 is our GM?...same guy who assembled a staff of 17+ consisting of many former executive level personnel guys from throughout the league?.... gratis Mr. Pegula.......coupled with a 44 yr old HC whom he knows well?......is this a "painful OBD ruse or fairy tale"?.......no more misfits or unqualifieds plugged into positions of a FOOTBALL organization?...no more over the hill "re-tireds" with new red line polyglass radials and a fresh tube of Polident calling the shots?...same gang that the "expert MB pundNUTS" wanted fired?....folks, so far so good IMO......the best is yet to come.....stay tuned.....damn I like it which means JACK....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

9 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

I tend to agree.  How do you think Allen's low floor compares to what you think of Nate and AJ's abilities?

I think Allen’s floor is Jake Locker. His ceiling is Aaron Rodgers. Nate and AJ, to me, are no more than bottom of the league starters or backups. If one of them became “Matt Moore” it would be a success.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you sure as hell know your football stuff....so I'm just curious to know in your assessment when is the last time we headed into TC with what APPEARS TO BE  a talented QB trio, with POTENTIALLY any one of them having the ability to start?......what did I miss?....

I think 2015 was the closest thing.  Cassel had a couple of good seasons under his belt, albeit over 10 years.  EJ was our first round pick, entering year three.  Even though many felt he wouldn't amount to anything, it was probably technically too soon for us to actually know that.  Tyrod was the dark horse of the race, his rare athletic ability offering the most upside of the group.  I'd say this year's competition has a lower floor, but a much higher ceiling given the fact that our current guys have a combined six NFL starts between the three of them.  

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not sure why you are so upset? You are entitled to your opinion. I don’t think it’s reasonable to say that the Bills have “a talented trio.” They have one of (if not the) most physically gifted QBs in the world. He has questions at this point. The other 2 have tons of questions. I’m sorry that you take that as “doom and gloom.” It’s reality though. If Allen hits his ceiling (or even close to it) the Bills QB situation is solved. If he doesn’t in 2 years we will be looking again like Denver with Paxton Lynch. That’s the way the NFL works. 

...I never get upset my friend....NEVER.......only in situations that really matter.......guess I'm a victim of Greenspan's "irrational exuberance" for this club in year 56 of following them....I just want to see ONE Lombardi before I head off to "Hell's Kitchen"....I'm told the reception sucks, 55" LCD's are NOT heat resistant and the lone Verizon cell tower melted.....so how would I ever know is the boyz finally put a Lombardi on the shelf?.....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I never get upset my friend....NEVER.......only in situations that really matter.......guess I'm a victim of Greenspan's "irrational exuberance" for this club in year 56 of following them....I just want to see ONE Lombardi before I head off to "Hell's Kitchen"....I'm told the reception sucks, 55" LCD's are NOT heat resistant and the lone Verizon cell tower melted.....so how would I ever know is the boyz finally put a Lombardi on the shelf?.....:thumbsup:

A Super Bowl title will no doubt be one of the best days of all of our lives. I think that they are on their way if Allen can play. If he’s good, they have a young QB, a good defense, 9 picks and $100M(ish). This team has a chance to be like the Eagles.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Reception improved.

...HOT topic I presume??....?...

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A Super Bowl title will no doubt be one of the best days of all of our lives. I think that they are on their way if Allen can play. If he’s good, they have a young QB, a good defense, 9 picks and $100M(ish). This team has a chance to be like the Eagles.

...my days are numbered as an old codger versus "you youngin's"......we're talkin' Polident, Geritol & Depends my good buddy...LOL......:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think Allen’s floor is Jake Locker. His ceiling is Aaron Rodgers. Nate and AJ, to me, are no more than bottom of the league starters or backups. If one of them became “Matt Moore” it would be a success.

Locker as the floor is an interesting choice. It's hard to know what Locker could have been with all the injuries. His 2013 campaign wasn't bad, but he he only played seven games and wasn't good in 2014 before calling it quits (although that was a pretty bad supporting cast too). I certainly hope Allen proves to be more durable.

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

McDermott gave him an opportunity to prove what he believed was right. It wasn’t right. McDermott held him accountable by firing him.

there we a lot more to it than this.going from first in rushing 3 years in a row to 6th and Shady's ypc dropping 1.4 yards from 2016 had something to do with it too. As well as going from top 12 in scoring the 

Last two years to29th.  Add in ridiculous play call on 1st and goal from the one in playoff game didn't help his case.

The Nasty Nate call wAs the least of my concerns with him. That one is on McDermott. But he recovered, so it's all good.

Edited by reddogblitz

Can Nathan Peterman win the Bills' starting quarterback job? Some buzz is building

• 1h ago • 2 min read
The Buffalo Bills signed AJ McCarron in free agency and traded up to draft Josh Allen in the first round after getting rid of long-time starter Tyrod Taylor in March. Yet there's a chance that their opening-day starter will be a quarterback who is actually entering his second season with the team. That quarterback? Nathan Peterman, the same quarterback who threw five interceptions in his first half of regular-season football last season.

It turns out, some serious buzz supporting Peterman's candidacy is beginning to mount. On Friday, ESPN's Bills reporter, Mike Rodak, called Peterman the team's surprise offseason camp standout. Rodak noted that Peterman is splitting first-team reps with McCarron and then wrote that "Peterman should be considered a serious contender for the starting job in Buffalo

Here's Rodak's entire blurb for ESPN:

The 2017 fifth-round pick was an afterthought at best and a laughingstock at worst after his five-interception performance against the Chargers last season, but Peterman should be considered a serious contender for the starting job in Buffalo. He has rotated daily with AJ McCarron to lead the first-team offense, with rookie Josh Allen starting in minicamp to see periodic time with that group. Peterman has looked sharp, including Tuesday at minicamp, when he completed 10 of 13 passes in 11-on-11 drills and ended practice with a touchdownDue entirely to that five-interception nightmare, it's tough to believe in Peterman's ability to actually steal away the starting job. That's how bad he was for one half of football. But it's probably not fair to Peterman to judge him entirely off that performance. After all, he wasn't the one who decided to bench a pretty good starter in Taylor and insert a fifth-round rookie against the sneaky-good Chargers in Los Angeles. He was placed into a bad situation by Sean McDermott and he certainly didn't make the best of it.

But here's why Peterman could win the job: His competition is very beatable. There's McCarron, another former fifth-round pick who spent the first four years of his career backing up and filling in for Andy Dalton in Cincinnati. With the Bengals, McCarron seldom saw the field and he never wowed anyone when he did get the chance to play. Then there's Allen, who features an arm as pure as Lannister gold, but is viewed more as more of a developmental prospect. He's not expected to start immediately, which is why he's third on the depth chart.

None of this means that Peterman should suddenly be considered the favorite to win the job, but it's probably time for us to consider him a factor in the race, which won't heat up until training camp and the preseason.

Edited by BurpleBull

15 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

there we a lot more to it than this.going from first in rushing 3 years in a row to 6th and Shady's ypc dropping 1.4 yards from 2016 had something to do with it too. As well as going from top 12 in scoring the 

Last two years to29th.  Add in ridiculous play call on 1st and goal from the one in playoff game didn't help his case.

The Nasty Nate call wAs the least of my concerns with him. That one is on McDermott. But he recovered, so it's all good.

I’m not saying that is all that was wrong. Rico was taking heat for all of the things that you mentioned. He believed his offense would work with Peterman so they agreed to let him try it. It didn’t work. Rico’s offense didn’t work. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/15/2018 at 7:47 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

No he did not.  He was okay in preseason with his flaws very apparent.  We'll only know how improved he is in real competition against pass rushers and NFL caliber DBs. 

Who are you to declare that he impressed none?

Maybe you have your own understanding of what it means to impress, perhaps you're expressing a biased view because you don't feel he's the Bills best option to start, but he did impress a lot of people in last year's preseason.

Showed poise and ability to lead an offense.

10 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Who are you to declare that he impressed none?

Maybe you have your own understanding of what it means to impress, perhaps you're expressing a biased view because you don't feel he's the Bills best option to start, but he did impress a lot of people in last year's preseason.

Showed poise and ability to lead an offense.

Who do I need to be other than myself with what I witnessed with my own eyes? If that doesn't fit your opinion....Oh well.   He showed that he had almost no poise under pressure and limited physical skills along with spotty decision making and inconsistent mechanics.  If you are impressed by that, then that's okay by me.  I'm looking for more. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who do I need to be other than myself with what I witnessed with my own eyes? If that doesn't fit your opinion....Oh well.   He showed that he had almost no poise under pressure and limited physical skills along with spotty decision making and inconsistent mechanics.  If you are impressed by that, then that;s okay by me.  I'm looking for more. 

And Tyrod looked just as bad or worse in those preseason games.  Yet you loved TT at that time. 

Anyone who disagree with you at that time you called Mrs Peterman and then you went on to ignore people.  

You got so pissy that you now refuse to post in any threads they create.  

So it seems you have a bit more emotion than unbias.  

Of course you will pretend to not read this post.  

Nate showed us what it could be left or to have a QB that dropped back and released quickly and not “extend” a play when he didn’t see an open receiver immediately.  

With risk you can get rewarded.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who do I need to be other than myself with what I witnessed with my own eyes? If that doesn't fit your opinion....Oh well.   He showed that he had almost no poise under pressure and limited physical skills along with spotty decision making and inconsistent mechanics.  If you are impressed by that, then that;s okay by me.  I'm looking for more. 

I guess it's your opinion over everyone else who witnessed Peterman with their own eyes and came away impressed.

That just isn't true, Peterman showed ability to go through his progressions, find open targets, and scramble to pick up yards when necessary in last year's preseason.

Led a two-minute drive just before halftime that I believe led to points in the Eagles game, threw a pretty, over the shoulder TD pass in the corner of the end zone in the Vikings game and finished the preseason 9-11 for 81 yds.

So this just isn't true.

7 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I guess it's your opinion over everyone else who witnessed Peterman with their own eyes and came away impressed.

That just isn't true, Peterman showed ability to go through his progressions, find open targets, and scramble to pick up yards when necessary in last year's preseason.

Led a two-minute drive just before halftime that I believe led to points in the Eagles game, threw a pretty, over the shoulder TD pass in the corner of the end zone in the Vikings game and finished the preseason 9-11 for 81 yds.

So this just isn't true.

He looked okay against 3rd and 4th stringers many who didn't make final rosters against vanilla defenses that we see in the preseason.  When he got in real games we saw exactly who he was as I stated before he played against the Chargers. My assessment was confirmed regardless of what you claim. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz