Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

On 6/15/2018 at 1:44 AM, racketmaster said:

Peterman had 1 really bad half of football as a rookie and so many wrote him off. He impressed in preseason last year and was competent in the snow game. All reports have indicated that he has improved from his rookie year, which makes sense. 

Peterman has a better arm than Mccaron and is a better athlete. He offers some playmaking ability when things break down where Mccaron offers next to nothing.

This is is going to be Josh Allen’s team but until he takes command I would much rather roll with Peterman than Mccaron. The qb in this offense is not going to be permitted to just be a distributor of the football. The line and limited amount of playmakers will cause the qb to have to play off script and Peterman is the better option until Allen is ready. 

Holy crap!!!

Is this actually confirmed?!?!

If Peterman has a better arm and is a better athlete than McCarron, I'm utterly confident Allen will start game 1 :flirt:

21 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So far in this thread you’ve suggested 2 hypotheticals:

1. What if Peterman starts 10-0 with a 3:1 TD:INT?

2. What if the qb with the lowest int percentage ever, threw 5 INTs in the 1st half against the Chargers? 

Why not, “what if LeSean McCoy runs for 14,000 yards this season?” 

So you're saying there's a chance Kirbs? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

ESPN thinks QB Nathan Peterman is a "Surprise Offseason Standout" for the Bills

Nathan Peterman is a somewhat controversial figure in western New York.

Some feel as though Peterman was the best quarterback on the Buffalo Bills roster in 2017 and that he could develop into a starter given some time. Others think he’s an average quarterback who is a career backup at best.

Peterman was often talked about in the 2017 season, but the hype surrounding the 24-year-old has died down a bit in recent months. Instead, the hype now surrounds Josh Allen, the Bills’ shiny new quarterback who was selected with the No. 7 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Allen is Buffalo’s quarterback of the future, but he may not be its quarterback of the present. Bills coach Sean McDermott has crafted a development plan for Allen, and the Wyoming product worked with the third team for the majority of spring workouts. While he could still earn the starting job, he’s not the favorite to win the competition, which is largely between Peterman and the recently signed AJ McCarron.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/...espn-standout/

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Lfod said:

Well I can dispute what I don't know. I don't know what happened behind the scenes to influence everything. I wasn't there and I don't know a friend who knew a friend that was. 

I do know who was HC of the team at the time. I do know who ultimately had the final call at the end of the day. If I'm struggling with money and you influence to rob a bank at the end of the day I made the final call being in total control. So scapegoats do nothing for me. 

If it's true that Dennison manipulated a guy holding higher rank then him with little to no evidence to support his claim and the guy in charge approved the choice unchecked and blind then I think that isn't a good look and I seriously hope a lesson was learned. 

I don't know how making Dennison the big bad wolf makes it better. I really don't. 

It’s not about making it better or higher rank. It’s about how the situation played out. Dennison was in charge of the offense. He pushed for that move and McDermott gave him an opportunity to prove what he believed was right. It wasn’t right. McDermott held him accountable by firing him.

It’s not rare at all though for a coordinator or a position coach to make changes. They are much closer to the situation than the HC. Dennison was the one in the film room, offensive meeting room and in the huddle at practice. The HC is the CEO and ultimately signs off on everything but that doesn’t mean that’s what he would have done. Agreeing to something and asking for something are 2 different things. 

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Holy crap!!!

Is this actually confirmed?!?!

If Peterman has a better arm and is a better athlete than McCarron, I'm utterly confident Allen will start game 1 :flirt:

I would say that’s true. The arms are maybe comparable but Peterman is a better athlete than McCarron. Peterman is an underrated athlete. 

I have the feeling McD and Bean see a little of Delhomme in Peterman, a guy with average tools to work with but with the intelligence and work ethic to overcome those limitations:

The intangibles are the other thing that you can't necessarily measure from the film. I can turn on the film and watch some things. You obviously want to see quarterbacks live, but what's this guy's makeup? What's his leadership? Do guys rally behind him? I go back to Carolina. Jake Delhomme, one of the greatest leaders I've ever been around. He was undrafted. The guy willed himself to lead the team the years he was in Carolina. His intangibles were a 12 on a one-to-10 scale. And that's how he overcame his athletic limitations. I kind of went around the question a little bit, but you're looking for a lot of things, some of it physically we can all see. But a lot of it you can't necessarily see." 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/07/buffalo_bills_gm_brandon_beane_describes_what_he_looks_for_in_franchise_quarterb.html

Delhomme stats his rookie year

Record: 1-1-0

Comp: 42

Attempts: 76

Comp%: 55.3

Yards:  521

TDs: 3

Ints: 5

We shall see how this plays out. 

1 hour ago, Fixxxer said:

I have the feeling McD and Bean see a little of Delhomme in Peterman, a guy with average tools to work with but with the intelligence and work ethic to overcome those limitations:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/07/buffalo_bills_gm_brandon_beane_describes_what_he_looks_for_in_franchise_quarterb.html

Delhomme stats his rookie year

Record: 1-1-0

Comp: 42

Attempts: 76

Comp%: 55.3

Yards:  521

TDs: 3

Ints: 5

We shall see how this plays out. 

Oddly enough, I thought it was Josh Allen whose QB comparison was Jake Delhomme. This is based off both QB's exuberance playing the game, never-say-die gameplay, and accuracy limitations. Though I believe Allen will prove to be a more accurate passer than Delhomme.

For the record Jake Delhomme and Steve McNair are two of my all-time favorite QBs.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...a Gary Marangi autographed jersey..........

So he's brought in to sign AND personalize the autograph, and then he promptly tosses it to the guy 2 spaces over.  Kind of appropriate for 'Mr. 5 times lucky's' thread.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I was surprised (sort of) by the move but I understand why it was done.  

Do so I blame them for trying?   No.   

McDermott had been saying it was too early to send in the rookie.  

Maybe it was more that just Dennison  but alas we may never know the full story. 

I don't think we will know. time to move on anyways as the two main players have been sent packing !

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

I don't think we will know. time to move on anyways as the two main players have been sent packing !

....EXACTLY.....and so what if Peterman starts?...McBeane/McD/McDaboll know what the hell they're doing.......a 5th rounder who works his way into the starting spot HARDLY by default versus winning the nod.....when the hell was the last time we had a QB TRIO in the barn with this type of potential?......yet the yipsters are a yippin'...SMH.......of course it would woefully suck if we happened to end up with the "new Kelly/Reich One-Two Punch" because we've been so prolific at QB for years, right?....

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....EXACTLY.....and so what if Peterman starts?...McBeane/McD/McDaboll know what the hell they're doing.......a 5th rounder who works his way into the starting spot HARDLY by default versus winning the nod.....when the hell was the last time we had a QB TRIO in the barn with this type of potential?......yet the yipsters are a yippin'...SMH.......of course it would woefully suck if we happened to end up with the "new Kelly/Reich One-Two Punch" because we've been so prolific at QB for years, right?....

Who is this "McBeane" and "mcdaboll"?

?

Seriously though, I don't know why everybody seems to want Nate to fail. Did he pee in their cereal??

I'm with you man, I hope they are all really good and we have a franchise guy and a good backup.

It's funny that so many of the draft experts that everybody ripped for "knowing nothing" had us pegged to trade up for Allen (which we did) and most of them had is targeting him at #5 in a swap with Denver (which we had in play until Chubb dropped) also have Peterman as a very high chance to win the starting job, and yet people are still saying they "know nothing".

10 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Who is this "McBeane" and "mcdaboll"?

?

Seriously though, I don't know why everybody seems to want Nate to fail. Did he pee in their cereal??

I'm with you man, I hope they are all really good and we have a franchise guy and a good backup.

It's funny that so many of the draft experts that everybody ripped for "knowing nothing" had us pegged to trade up for Allen (which we did) and most of them had is targeting him at #5 in a swap with Denver (which we had in play until Chubb dropped) also have Peterman as a very high chance to win the starting job, and yet people are still saying they "know nothing".

....LOL....agree......and I'm now McPissed with all of the "hope the bust fails" excrements.....check that...have been McPissed......certainly hoped the TT kid would succeed in realizing his dream as an NFL starting QB....helluva work ethic, good teammate who gave it his all....unfortunately it didn't work out....no harm no foul....yet turds of the world either out of jealousy (a/k/a couch potatoes) or spite to eventually "rub THEIR genie" to say I told you so, wanted the kid to fail.......seriously?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

According to ESPN's Mike Rodak, Nathan Peterman is a "serious contender" for the Bills' starting quarterback job.

He impressed while rotating first-team reps with A.J. McCarron at Bills' minicamp, completing 10-of-13 passes with a touchdown during 11-on-11 drills at Tuesday's session. Peterman struggled mightily in his lone start last year—he threw five picks against the Chargers before coming out at halftime—but has cleaned up his mechanics after spending the offseason training with QB guru Tom House. The Bills traded up to draft Josh Allen seventh overall in April, but he mostly worked with the third team during spring practices.

Source: ESPN.com 

Jun 17 - 8:25 AM

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

According to ESPN's Mike Rodak, Nathan Peterman is a "serious contender" for the Bills' starting quarterback job.

He impressed while rotating first-team reps with A.J. McCarron at Bills' minicamp, completing 10-of-13 passes with a touchdown during 11-on-11 drills at Tuesday's session. Peterman struggled mightily in his lone start last year—he threw five picks against the Chargers before coming out at halftime—but has cleaned up his mechanics after spending the offseason training with QB guru Tom House. The Bills traded up to draft Josh Allen seventh overall in April, but he mostly worked with the third team during spring practices.

Source: ESPN.com 

Jun 17 - 8:25 AM

...and if he does start, so what?.....a 5th rounder who works his way into the starting job is a bad thing?.....of course the mental minions would twist it to say it's because "the other two suck".....a viable assessment from "stuck in the muck of posting" gang versus McBeane/McD/McDaboll....tell me when  is the last time we had a promising QB trio in camp that could potentially yield us the "next Kelly/Reich One-Two Punch"?.....surely SUCKS to be in THAT position.......our QB lore post Kelly is "legendary" with most trios being Moe/Larry/Curly.....WTF?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and if he does start, so what?.....a 5th rounder who works his way into the starting job is a bad thing?.....of course the mental minions would twist it to say it's because "the other two suck".....a viable assessment from "stuck in the muck of posting" gang versus McBeane/McD/McDaboll....tell me when  is the last time we had a promising QB trio in camp that could potentially yield us the "next Kelly/Reich One-Two Punch"?.....surely SUCKS to be in THAT position.......our QB lore post Kelly is "legendary"....

You're preaching to the choir.  I don't understand why so many think McCarron, another 5th round pick, is such a better option.  May the best man win.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

You're preaching to the choir.  I don't understand why so many think McCarron, another 5th round pick, is such a better option.  May the best man win.

...you sure as hell know your football stuff....so I'm just curious to know in your assessment when is the last time we headed into TC with what APPEARS TO BE  a talented QB trio, with POTENTIALLY any one of them having the ability to start?......what did I miss?....

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you sure as hell know your football stuff....so I'm just curious to know in your assessment when is the last time we headed into TC with what APPEARS TO BE  a talented QB trio, with POTENTIALLY any one of them having the ability to start?......what did I miss?....

You think that it’s a talented trio? I think that they have 2 guys that are backups and a high ceiling, low floor rookie. If Allen hits the ceiling the Bills are in good shape. If he doesn’t they will have one of the worst QB situations in the league. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You think that it’s a talented trio? I think that they have 2 guys that are backups and a high ceiling, low floor rookie. If Allen hits the ceiling the Bills are in good shape. If he doesn’t they will have one of the worst QB situations in the league. 

...damn right I do.....and I sincerely apologize for overstepping my bounds with an OPINION that would dare to contradict "The Master of Doom & Gloom"......Jesus can't SMH enough with your quips.....