Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why do people believe in Peterman? It’s an honest question? He was historically bad and was a 5th round pick for a reason. People hated Fitz, Orton, and Tyrod who were all decent and swear by Peterman. It is so strange. We are the only fan base in the world that prefers scrubs to decent. That is unique to Bills fans. 

This is what happens after 3 years of Tyrod.  Anyone that actually gets rid of the ball in a timely fashion is promoted to savior status

Just now, berg1029 said:

This is what happens after 3 years of Tyrod.  Anyone that actually gets rid of the ball in a timely fashion is promoted to savior status

Getting rid of the ball on time to the other team is no improvement. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well I agree that Peterman should have sat on the bench for the whole year. All year long fans were clamoring for him to start. I thought he needed a year to work on arm strength. I blame the coaches for his first game. No rookie in their first half of football should throw 5 picks. That's on the coaches for not preparing him to be the starter, for not evaluating his ability to be the starter, and for not designing a simple game plan that made sense for his abilities. A total failure. And I'm worried they're making the same mistake with Allen to be honest. I guess I trust Daboll more than I trusted Dennison.

I definitely trust Daboll more than Dennison. At the same time the guy that threw 5 INts in a half deserves his share of the blame for those 5 INTs. I agree that he shouldn’t have been out there but he is accountable for his performance when he is.

6 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

And it was an epic failure!! Replacing a decent game manager with a 5th round scrub is a massive mistake. Every objective football guy saw this prior to starting him. Bills fans were the only ones dumb enough to not see it. It was a massive mistake. 

Peterman and McCarran will be lucky to get through camp without being thoroughly demoralized by the arm talent of Josh Allen. They’ve never seen that kind of arm up close before. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I definitely trust Daboll more than Dennison. At the same time the guy that threw 5 INts in a half deserves his share of the blame for those 5 INTs. I agree that he shouldn’t have been out there but he is accountable for his performance when he is.

And it was an epic failure!! Replacing a decent game manager with a 5th round scrub is a massive mistake. Every objective football guy saw this prior to starting him. Bills fans were the only ones dumb enough to not see it. It was a massive mistake. 

It was a very bad decision and I hope that McDermott learned from it.  Peterman should of never started that game.

I was in the group that believed as bad as TT was playing during the stretch he should of still started but been put on a

shorter and shorter leash.  Peterman did well the week before against NO  and he may have been better in relief of TT (if it was necessary)

in the LAC game.

The thing that I wonder about is.............does having a very poor performance like Peterman did against LAC affect his development/career?

The Bills think so highly of Peterman that they did everything they could to move up in the draft to get a QB of the future who isn't named Nathan Peterman.  

Last year I went to 1 road game-in LA vs the Chargers.  Peterman ruined that game for me.  This year my 1 road game is in Baltimore.  The last thing I need to see is Peterman starting & ruining another road game for me.  

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

It was a very bad decision and I hope that McDermott learned from it.  Peterman should of never started that game.

I was in the group that believed as bad as TT was playing during the stretch he should of still started but been put on a

shorter and shorter leash.  Peterman did well the week before against NO  and he may have been better in relief of TT (if it was necessary)

in the LAC game.

The thing that I wonder about is.............does having a very poor performance like Peterman did against LAC affect his development/career?

There was no reason to make any judgment regarding his readiness after leading the team to a TD down 47-3.   The Saints couldn't have cared any less. 

One of the things that makes the NFL interesting is that it's not entirely predictable.  Every year there's at least one surprise team and one surprise player.

I'd be unimaginably thrilled if Peterman won the starting job and took us deep into the playoffs.    I admit that possibility.

I think it's far more likely that he doesn't take any regular season snaps at all.  I think AJ starts the season and Allen finishes it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

One of the things that makes the NFL interesting is that it's not entirely predictable.  Every year there's at least one surprise team and one surprise player.

I'd be unimaginably thrilled if Peterman won the starting job and took us deep into the playoffs.    I admit that possibility.

I think it's far more likely that he doesn't take any regular season snaps at all.  I think AJ starts the season and Allen finishes it.

yes.  the surprise was last year.  get ready to cry. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There was no reason to make any judgment regarding his readiness after leading the team to a TD down 47-3.   The Saints couldn't have cared any less. 

You are totally missing my point.  Of course, he came in after TT lost the game but he got good experience.  It is one way to ease an

inexperienced player into the NFL.  He was the only positive to a horrible game.  I am no Nate Peterman "homer" at all, but I think he was

not handled well last year.

This is one reason I question some who believe that the "stats" of this year's preseason games will mean much at all.

It may come to pass that fans will be "clamoring" to start Allen (maybe way before he is ready) because he did well in the 2nd half

of a couple of preseason games.  Remember, the coaches probably want to have their decision by the start of the 3rd preseason game dress rehearsal.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why do people believe in Peterman? It’s an honest question? He was historically bad and was a 5th round pick for a reason. People hated Fitz, Orton, and Tyrod who were all decent and swear by Peterman. It is so strange. We are the only fan base in the world that prefers scrubs to decent. That is unique to Bills fans. 

Parallel question  Why do so many people gush over how smart NP is? From intentional grounding, to diving head-first into a concussion, to throwing wounded ducks off the back foot while falling away, the man has probably made more bone-headed plays per play than anyone in living memory. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

For the same reason fans think Allen sucks because they watched film - eh hem,  cough, youtube videos.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

You are totally missing my point.  Of course, he came in after TT lost the game but he got good experience.  It is one way to ease an

inexperienced player into the NFL.  He was the only positive to a horrible game.  I am no Nate Peterman "homer" at all, but I think he was

This is one reason I question some who believe that the "stats" of this year's preseason games will mean much at all.

It may come to pass that fans will be "clamoring" to start Allen (maybe way before he is ready) because he did well in the 2nd half

of a couple of preseason games.  Remember, the coaches probably want to have their decision by the start of the 3rd preseason game dress rehearsal.

I’m just not of the belief that NP is a part of the decision. Allen is playing as soon as the Bills think he’s ready. That’s the worst kept secret. McCarron is here to be the placeholder and a backup. He can handle that role. 

I doubt Allen would be #3. The #3 QB won't be getting the kind of practice time and reps in the Bills system that he needs to develop. If Peterman beats out McCarron and Allen, which I doubt, then McCarron will be the #3 IMO.

Edited by vincec

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Looking at preseason stats to make a determination on Allen would be the same idiocy I saw on TSW last year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m just not of the belief that NP is a part of the decision. Allen is playing as soon as the Bills think he’s ready. That’s the worst kept secret. McCarron is here to be the placeholder and a backup. He can handle that role. 

Neither am I Kirby.  It seems to me Peterman will be #3 this year and we don't even know if 3 QBs we be kept.  Thus, my early post about

Peterman going to PS and only to be called back up if an injury happens.  My concern was how they handled him and my hope that they do a

better job with Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

The love for Peterman reminds me of the Jeff Tuel era. (Maybe “era” is the wrong word...)

One pass ruined poor Jeff Tuel's career. Oh, what might have been . . .