Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

Nathan Peterman will win the starting QB position barring injury. He'll be much improved from last season.

Excited about Josh Allen as the starting QB, but Peterman is the guy people aren't talking about right now who will have everyone talking by the end of training camp.

He's worked on his mechanics, is said to have added velocity to his throws, has a lot to prove and is no stranger to struggling early in his career and picking himself up.

A little talked about fact concerning Peterman is that he's right up there with Allen as Bills QB's who've scored high on the Wonderlic test for those who equate the test to mental sharpness.

I still hold to the belief that Peterman was at the very least a third round prospect in his draft class.

Peterman will be the guy.

So this is how I have it panning out... 

1. Peterman

2. McCarron

3. Allen

With Allen at three for his protection as he starts out his young career.

“Hey guys, I don’t get any attention at home. Please respond to my post”.

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

Thank god someone else sees it. It's a backwards way of thinking, and continues to happen. Must be genetic and continues to hop from generation to generation. 

I just don’t get it. How could a reasonable person look at Nate Peterman and think, “this guy has got it?” The rest of the country laughed at us when we started him. It was worse than they expected. Everyone with a brain knew it would fail but Bills fans thought it was a good idea and everyone else was dumb. 99 times out of 100 the objective outsiders are right and the emotionally charged super fans aren’t. Peterman should be fighting for a roster spot not a starting job. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I just don’t get it. How could a reasonable person look at Nate Peterman and think, “this guy has got it?” The rest of the country laughed at us when we started him. It was worse than they expected. Everyone with a brain knew it would fail but Bills fans thought it was a good idea and everyone else was dumb. 99 times out of 100 the objective outsiders are right and the emotionally charged super fans aren’t. Peterman should be fighting for a roster spot not a starting job. 

Hey! Not every Bills' fan thought it was a good idea. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Moment? 

Error is more like it.  With a 1st round QB they need to develop, there's not much point wasting time with Peterman with such limited snaps available in OTAs, minicamp, and TC at SJF. 

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why do people believe in Peterman? It’s an honest question? He was historically bad and was a 5th round pick for a reason. People hated Fitz, Orton, and Tyrod who were all decent and swear by Peterman. It is so strange. We are the only fan base in the world that prefers scrubs to decent. That is unique to Bills fans. 

Every Bills QB gets 2 years in my book, no matter what. If they look halfway decent in those years they get a 3rd. Obviously Peterman is closer to busting than not, but QBs can and do get a lot better after a season of experience. And he wouldn't be the first QB ever to throw 5 picks in a game and still have a good career.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Every Bills QB gets 2 years in my book, no matter what. If they look halfway decent in those years they get a 3rd. Obviously Peterman is closer to busting than not, but QBs can and do get a lot better after a season of experience. And he wouldn't be the first QB ever to throw 5 picks in a game and still have a good career.

Were any of them 5th round flyer prospects who had such inauspicious debuts?  He didn't look much better in subsequent appearances to my eye with the playoff relief performance being the last memory. 

Nathan Peterman will win the starting QB position barring injury. He'll be much improved from last season.

Excited about Josh Allen as the starting QB, but Peterman is the guy people aren't talking about right now who will have everyone talking by the end of training camp.

He's worked on his mechanics, is said to have added velocity to his throws, has a lot to prove and is no stranger to struggling early in his career and picking himself up.

A little talked about fact concerning Peterman is that he's right up there with Allen as Bills QB's who've scored high on the Wonderlic test for those who equate the test to mental sharpness.

I still hold to the belief that Peterman was at the very least a third round prospect in his draft class.

1. Peterman

2. McCarron

3. Allen

Another newbie wanting his minute of TBD fame.  

1. Peterman

2. McCarron

3. Allen

Wouldn't simply just asking for attention be easier?

You woulda had to type a whole lot less..

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He would be the 1st guy to throw 5 INT in his first half of football to go on to have a good career. Come to think of it, he would be the 1st guy to throw 5 INT in his first half of football to go on to have a bad career too.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well I agree that Peterman should have sat on the bench for the whole year. All year long fans were clamoring for him to start. I thought he needed a year to work on arm strength. I blame the coaches for his first game. No rookie in their first half of football should throw 5 picks. That's on the coaches for not preparing him to be the starter, for not evaluating his ability to be the starter, and for not designing a simple game plan that made sense for his abilities. A total failure. And I'm worried they're making the same mistake with Allen to be honest. I guess I trust Daboll more than I trusted Dennison.

• Like (+1) 1