Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

14 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, let's break it down:

Your premise is:

1) The O-line loves, and respects Tyrod Taylor, and believe that he should start vs. the Chargers.

2) McDermott benches TT in favor of Peterman.

3) The O-line is angered by this decision, and decides to not offer Peterman the protection that their jobs require. (Hey, they don't care WHO starts. It could be JOE BLOW for all they care! As long as it's not Taylor, they're not going to do their jobs!)

4) The game starts, and to plan, they ignore Peterman's leadership, and go ahead and let Joey Bosa, and the Chargers' defense destroy Peterman's first NFL start.

And, you don't think this reflects poorly on Peterman's leadership in any way? For real???

Talk about embarrassing! Do you not see how astonishingly stupid this narrative is???

(Jesus, am I a fish on a hook, or what?)

if you weren't so intent on derailing peterman you possibly jump a cog in your brain and understand . just pretend that  peterman wasn't even there and MAYBE  ,MAYBE

2 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

if you weren't so intent on derailing peterman you possibly jump a cog in your brain and understand . just pretend that  peterman wasn't even there and MAYBE  ,MAYBE

This is not a conversation about Peterman at this point, but rather a preposterous premise about our O-line having such a crush on Tyrod Taylor that they're willing to throw a game, regardless of who is under center. (Good God! My fingers feel stupider for having just typed that!!!)

But, there is definitely an element of derailment here...

34 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, let's break it down:

Your premise is:

1) The O-line loves, and respects Tyrod Taylor, and believe that he should start vs. the Chargers.

2) McDermott benches TT in favor of Peterman.

3) The O-line is angered by this decision, and decides to not offer Peterman the protection that their jobs require. (Hey, they don't care WHO starts. It could be JOE BLOW for all they care! As long as it's not Taylor, they're not going to do their jobs!)

4) The game starts, and to plan, they ignore Peterman's leadership, and go ahead and let Joey Bosa, and the Chargers' defense destroy Peterman's first NFL start.

And, you don't think this reflects poorly on Peterman's leadership in any way? For real???

Talk about embarrassing! Do you not see how astonishingly stupid this narrative is???

(Jesus, am I a fish on a hook, or what?)

You know you could always beat your head against a wall you might actually get somewhere.

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It started with this:

It kind of ended until we were told the facts aren’t real. I’m hoping that it’s over. If we can all agree that facts aren’t up for debate that conversation should be over. Seems reasonable enough....

It's 2018 America... clearly we can't agree on that

tenor.gif?itemid=12365834

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just like last season, every pass he throws similar to the following in Cleveland is a pick six waiting to happen.

My God... that throw against Cleveland was an atrocious decision.

Isn't decision making supposedly his greatest asset?

Plus, the football still looks like it's flying through molasses when he throws it.

6 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

That pass actually had more on it than his passes from last season.

Compared against Josh Allen's arm, the added velocity will quickly be dismissed, but compared to where Peterman was at last year, there is a difference.

That pass gets picked off if thrown with the same mechanics from a season ago, because that Browns' player had an even better break on the ball than Jalen Ramsey did in the playoffs game.

The Browns' player didn't drop it because he simply has no place on a football field, as has been suggested, he dropped it because it wasn't as easy a pick to make as it seems on first look.

Peterman doesn't have the same power behind his throw as Allen obviously, but he has added something to his passes and I believe that small addition could prove to be a big difference maker, should Peterman get the starting nod.

tenor.gif?itemid=3532260

44 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I'm not sure we can use the Cleveland game as a gague. They're wrecking Philly's #1 OL

Cleveland’s pass rush is really good. The Bills OL isn’t good though. They are going to have Bosa and Ingram week 2, Clowney and Watt week 6 etc... The line needs to be better. I think that they have an LT and a C though which is a good place to start.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Cleveland’s pass rush is really good. The Bills OL isn’t good though. They are going to have Bosa and Ingram week 2, Clowney and Watt week 6 etc... The line needs to be better. I think that they have an LT and a C though which is a good place to start.

You don't think Miller has potential? I do.

Also, are you assuming Groy is C?

Edited by Rocky Landing

Looks like on his first play one of his O-Line is pancaked immediately. I see pressure threatening often. I think there is only one pass Peterman would want to take back. Everyone just assumed the red carpet was rolled out. No run game, every play is a pass. 

AJ got destroyed behind the same line.

That's what it looks like without quick pass Peterman.

If it was between AJ and Peterman I think I'm going with Peterman. He handles pressure better. 

It's Josh Allen's turn to get a start. He has earned it. He might go out Sunday and play lights out. It hasn't happened yet so maybe relax on calling the competition over until it is. Josh Allen faces a true test and people have given him a passing grade before the final test. 

Edited by Lfod

11 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Looks like on his first play one of his O-Line is pancaked immediately. I see pressure threatening often. I think there is only one pass Peterman would want to take back.

AJ got destroyed behind the same line. This is not a bad performance. 

That's what it looks like without quick pass Peterman. 

Initially I thought that first throw from Peterman vs. the Panthers, which was behind the receiver, was all on Peterman, until watching that play again earlier today.

Vlad Ducasse was pushed way into the backfield by Kawann Short, which disrupted Peterman's follow-thru and ability to step into the throw.

I think a solidified O-line is one that includes Wyatt Teller at LG and Ryan Groy at C.

9 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Initially I thought that first throw from Peterman vs. the Panthers, which was behind the receiver, was all on Peterman, until watching that play again earlier today.

Vlad Ducasse was pushed way into the backfield by Kawann Short, which disrupted Peterman's follow-thru and ability to step into the throw.

I think a solidified O-line is one that includes Wyatt Teller at LG and Ryan Groy at C.

I just look at his preseason game and often wondered why people were not impressed. I see pressure is there but people says he completely folds under pressure. He completely folded the ball down field in an all passing attack for a TD. 

Take away that one tipped pass for an interception and you might have two TD drives. 

Edited by Lfod

Rewatched the Peterman video posted above. It was a surprising and efficient performance. The fact is, however, that Petey can't stretch the field or fire the ball into tight windows like Allen can. He's impressed us all this preseason, but I have a hard time believing that he will either look that good in the regular season or outperform Allen, even if Allen comes with some ups and downs and Peterman remains steady.

5 hours ago, Lfod said:

I just look at his preseason game and often wondered why people were not impressed. I see pressure is there but people says he completely folds under pressure. He completely folded the ball down field in an all passing attack for a TD. 

Take away that one tipped pass for an interception and you might have two TD drives. 

Its because first and foremost he was good last preseason as well . And he's making all the throws we already know Peterman is decent at ..soft tosses over the middle slants..quick fades. The minute he has to throw outside..the ball has no velocity on it and it's nearly pick 6..he's limited as a passer because of his physical limitations it's hard to get behind a guy who you know limits the playbook. He struggles to even to get adequate zip on a simple quick out . 

7 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

You don't think Miller has potential? I do.

Also, are you assuming Groy is C?

Miller is okay but he’s a FA after this year. I get the sense that this group isn’t high on him. He will get a chance to prove himself this year but I’d bet he’s elsewhere in 2019.

Groy is the assumption. I’m higher on him than most I think. He played well when given the opportunity. He may not be a big downgrade from Wood at this stage.

7 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I like the idea of Teller at least getting a look with the 1’s. 

10 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

Then every snap would've been a fumble instead of an interception...

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

14 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

This is not a conversation about Peterman at this point, but rather a preposterous premise about our O-line having such a crush on Tyrod Taylor that they're willing to throw a game, regardless of who is under center. (Good God! My fingers feel stupider for having just typed that!!!)

But, there is definitely an element of derailment here...

Whether or not the Oline was purposeful or not had no bearing on Peterman's leadership qualities.