Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Did I criticize JA this week?  Hell no.  

He did very well and is making great strides.  

But thanks for taking my post out of context.  (again) 

Maaaaan, come on now. Own your rant last week. Wear it like a badge of honor.

The interwebs never forget.

53 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh, it could be bad. It also could be a GREAT thing for his development. Throw him in the deep end and see how he swims.

Can you think of an example where this worked out? I don't really want a David Carr situation. We couldn't even get a hand on Chargers rushers last year and the line is worse now. When he ran up the middle and the defender took him out at the knee I thought it was over. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

Can you think of an example where this worked out? I don't really want a David Carr situation. We couldn't even get a hand on Chargers rushers last year and the line is worse now. When he ran up the middle and the defender took him out at the knee I thought it was over. 

Peyton Manning

Carson Wentz

Deshaun Watson

Andrew Luck

Russell Wilson

Should I keep going?

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Wentz had very little help his rookie season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

This.

Eagles Oline wasn't as much of a sh*t show as ours though.

I'm more worried about him getting hurt than actually hindering his development, I think that will be fine.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

The Eagles had the top rated line in 2016. That's what I'm focusing on here. Not the whole team.

Just said this.

Good point :)

Just now, Trogdor said:

The Eagles had the top rated line in 2016. That's what I'm focusing on here. Not the whole team.

I said it in another thread but is the line going to be better in week 4? Week 8? The Bills can’t just redshirt Allen because they’re scared that the line won’t hold up. If you are going to redshirt him it’s because you don’t think he’s ready. If you like what he’s capable of he needs to play behind that line for this year and it can be worked on in the offseason.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Peyton Manning

Carson Wentz

Deshaun Watson

Andrew Luck

Russell Wilson

Should I keep going?

They had better olines (except for luck) and look what happened to luck.

Anyway, I don't think it will hinder allen's development, only concern is injury.

Actually, they kind of were.

They had a top 10 line.

They kind of weren't.

• Like (+1) 1

Actually, they kind of were.

If your definition of **** show is top rated I guess.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I said it in another thread but is the line going to be better in week 4? Week 8? The Bills can’t just redshirt Allen because they’re scared that the line won’t hold up. If you are going to redshirt him it’s because you don’t think he’s ready. If you like what he’s capable of he needs to play behind that line for this year and it can be worked on in the offseason.

He still has things to work out and I don't think those first six games are the time for it. It's all starters out there at that point. Do you think his stats would be the same last night with their DEs still in? I doubt it, and that's not a knock on him. Dawkins looked like he was scared.

• Like (+1) 1

The haters will hate, but Peterman will be playing some football this year for the Buffalo Bills, maybe even game 1.  Obviously the future is Allen., and he will also be playing this season. 

i root for Nate.  Even the national media and opponents fans continue to snicker when he plays. Like he’s the worst QB ever.  I’d like to see him get some redemption.  

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

If your definition of **** show is top rated I guess.

He still has things to work out and I don't think those first six games are the time for it. It's all starters out there at that point. Do you think his stats would be the same last night with their DEs still in? I doubt it, and that's not a knock on him. Dawkins looked like he was scared.

I guess the point is, it doesn’t matter. He’s the guy best equipped to lead the offense now and into the future. He can just do things that others can’t. He will take his lumps for sure but that’s fine, all young QBs do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess the point is, it doesn’t matter. He’s the guy best equipped to lead the offense now and into the future. He can just do things that others can’t. He will take his lumps for sure but that’s fine, all young QBs do. 

I think we can agree that he looks ready to start, and we can agree to disagree as to whether or not he SHOULD start behind that oline (at least the first 6 games).

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Josh Allen is the future QB in Buffalo 

the rest of the Who is arguments are circular discussions.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

I think we can agree that he looks ready to start, and we can agree to disagree as to whether or not he SHOULD start behind that oline (at least the first 6 games).

I would like to see him against some first team defense first. Last night probably would've been the best opportunity with the talent on their line. It's all going to change when defenses start to scheme and confuse him like the sack last night. 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I would like to see him against some first team defense first. Last night probably would've been the best opportunity with the talent on their line. It's all going to change when defenses start to scheme and confuse him like the sack last night. 

I don't disagree, but I think he's done enough to earn at least the preseason starts.

• Like (+1) 1