Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There is nothing in two games that has showed us that Peterman has gotten over the two things he cannot do, which are his death knell. He cannot get the ball downfield. He cannot handle a strong pass rush. He sucks at both of them and no one can succeeed in real NFL games without an ability to do both. He does neither. Allen does both already. 

It's a no brainer. 

are you and redogblitz like the same troll...er...person(username)?  please move to cleveland   and btw, 8/10 113 and a td.

I think Allen will be the Week 1 starter at this point...

NP has had a good preseason to date, and if he gets some playing time this season because of injury ( the OL still looks porous so this is a major concern for JA) it won’t be the end of the world...

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There is nothing in two games that has showed us that Peterman has gotten over the two things he cannot do, which are his death knell. He cannot get the ball downfield. He cannot handle a strong pass rush. He sucks at both of them and no one can succeeed in real NFL games without an ability to do both. He does neither. Allen does both already. 

It's a no brainer. 

McDermott has been around NP long enough to know what he has in him.

After what happened to AJM today I am about t say that they need to start Josh Allen next week.

It's way sooner than I wanted but he also has handled himself really well and deserves the chance.

If he plays well he starts the season.............if not I guess NP starts.

NP will have his good moments but your 2 reasons are going effect his game.

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

are you and redogblitz like the same troll...er...person(username)?  please move to cleveland   and btw, 8/10 113 and a td.

Refute either of those two things. Peterman has never once, in an NFL game, thrown a ball on a dart 30 yards. Not once. If not do that you cannot succeed. One play you can succeed. One game you cannot. If you do not know that you don't know football. He has never been able to handle a strong pass rush. Individual plays leaving the pocket early he has shown. Infrequently. He's awful against the rush. He did not show he could do it last week or this week. Immediately leaving the pocket and rolling out like he did once last week (and threw a very very good pass) is not the same thing. He sucks against the rush. He did all last year. He has this year. Allen immediately looked substantially better. 

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

McDermott has been around NP long enough to know what he has in him.

After what happened to AJM today I am about t say that they need to start Josh Allen next week.

It's way sooner than I wanted but he also has handled himself really well and deserves the chance.

If he plays well he starts the season.............if not I guess NP starts.

NP will have his good moments but your 2 reasons are going effect his game.

The problem and the one thing I feared more than anything is that in practice, and in preseason games, Peterman can succeed. EcUde it is 3/4 speed. And coaches, even decent ones, can be fooled by that. Peterman played great last week. In 10% of what QBs have to do to be successful. All he can do is what he did last week. But we already knew that. He does one thing very well. He reads the defense presnap and throws an 8 yard pass immediately. That's all he does well. 

Yes, he threw an excellent TD pass to Benjamin. But it's an easy throw all QBs in the entire league can make. He was wide open and Peterman lofted it. Great pass. You cannot deny that. I loved it. But it did not in any way show that he can do the large number of things he cannot do. 

He's a poor man's Trent Edwards, who was better than Peterman and could not play in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Refute either of those two things. Peterman has never once, in an NFL game, thrown a ball on a dart 30 yards. Not once. If not do that you cannot succeed. One play you can succeed. One game you cannot. If you do not know that you don't know football. He has never been able to handle a strong pass rush. Individual plays leaving the pocket early he has shown. Infrequently. He's awful against the rush. He did not show he could do it last week or this week. Immediately leaving the pocket and rolling out like he did once last week (and threw a very very good pass) is not the same thing. He sucks against the rush. He did all last year. He has this year. Allen immediately looked substantially better. 

Not here to throw dirt on Allen because he played great, this has more to do with your credibility.

I remember you stating in the last game vs. Carolina, how Allen had shown "ten different" qualities of a starting QB, or something to that effect. 

Could you name what those were?

I also recall you stating that he "showed touch", I never saw it on display, not even once in that game.

Which receiver was the beneficiary of that "touch" throw?

You suggested that McCarron connected on downfield throws while Peterman did not.

I had McCarron as 0 of 2 on his deep attempts.

Who was the beneficiary of McCarron's downfield completions?

Just curious.

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Josh Allen is on the rise. Peterman has gotten his job done. So i think the only thing you see is the chargers game. When you talk about Peterman is sounds like your talking about him without actually seeing what happened so far in preseason. 

Not in denial about your points. Its just your point hasn't been an issue so far in preseason. 

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Not here to throw dirt on Allen because he played great, this has more to do with your credibility.

I remember you stating in the last game vs. Carolina, how Allen had shown "ten different" qualities of a starting QB, or something to that effect. 

Could you name what those were?

I also recall you stating that he "showed touch", I never saw it on display, not even once in that game.

Which receiver was the beneficiary of that "touch" throw?

You suggested that McCarron connected on downfield throws while Peterman did not.

I had McCarron as 0 of 2 on his deep attempts.

Who was the beneficiary of McCarron's downfield completions?

Just curious.

Jason Croom was the touch pass. It was great. 

McCarron pass to Reilly was downfield although he was wide open. Still it was across the field and over 20 yards in the air.  

I think Allen gets his shot next week.  If he does blehhh - then it is Peterman in Game 1.  If he is solid, he gets the start.

I think McDermott is willing to eat a few games, as long as Allen keeps improving.  He's willing to take risks, which we saw last year.

What I really liked about Peterman this preseason is that he hasn't been throwing TOO early, aside from that one pass on the first drive that was nearly a pick six.  He has gotten into trouble with releasing it too quickly and allowing the defense to jump the route, but I feel like that tendency is slowly starting to fade.  As long as he can continue to work that out of his system, I feel like he could definitely be a serviceable NFL QB.

I will say though, if that throw had been a pick six, which it should have been, we would be singing a much different tune at the moment. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I had no idea what McCarron brought to the table, but I was hopeful.

Peterman looks like the fourth-year player out there.

He has total control of the offense at the line and he takes what the defense gives him, without being too conservative.

Really seems ahead of his time.

Oh wow... I legitimately thought that game would have turned the corner for you, but you're just clinging for dear life, aren't you?

Peterman's very 1st pass tonight is exactly the reason he's going to spend the vast majority, if not all, of this year on the bench.

And even after that throw Peterman was still awful for a drive or two... he was close to fumbling getting hit from behind a few times there.

His stat line looks good courtesy of a massively busted coverage. What he showed to me tonight is that the narrative that his arm strength is improved significantly enough to make a difference is a false narrative.

Allen will start this year. If not in week 1, it's going to be at some point probably in the first half of the season after Peterman collapses, which very well could be in Baltimore, who is probably salivating at the notion of jumping routes and collecting INTs from him to start off their season.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

On 8/17/2018 at 11:57 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

Jason Croom was the touch pass. It was great. 

McCarron pass to Reilly was downfield although he was wide open. Still it was across the field and over 20 yards in the air.  

I might dispute this, and as for those "ten qualities"?

Edited by BurpleBull

10 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

LOL

I think its a valid concern. Part of a young qb starting is having without a shadow of a doubt the support of his team mates. Can't have guys second guessing a back up would give the team a better chance

Just from this game:

Benjamin seemed upset about the first few plays.- the first pass then the time out

Hyde was interviewed right before half time or right after and didn't seem too sure of him

9 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

It's Allen's turn by rotation next week anyway.

I hope so

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oh wow... I legitimately thought that game would have turned the corner for you, but you're just clinging for dear life, aren't you?

Peterman's very 1st pass tonight is exactly the reason he's going to spend the vast majority, if not all, of this year on the bench.

And even after that throw Peterman was still awful for a drive or two... he was close to fumbling the ball getting hit from behind a few times there.

His stat line looks good courtesy of a massively busted coverage. What he showed to me tonight is that the narrative that his arm strength is improved significantly enough to make a difference is a false narrative.

Allen will start this year. If not in week 1, it's going to be at some point probably in the first half of the season after Peterman collapses, which very well could be in Baltimore, who is probably salivating at the notion of jumping routes and collecting INTs from him to start off their season.

Please stop deflecting with Peterman & give us an analysis of the wonderfulness of Tyrod.

Your soul needs that escape.  It is your lifeblood.

Start with the 3rd down pass he threw 4 yards OB.

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think its a valid concern. Part of a young qb starting is having without a shadow of a doubt the support of his team mates. Can have guys second guessing a back up would give the team a better chance

Just from this game:

Benjamin seemed upset about the first few plays.- the first pass then the time out

Hyde was interviewed right before half time or right after and didn't seem too sure of him

I hope so

Peterman was first.  AJ was tonight.....so ..

2 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I might dispute this, and as for those "ten qualities"?

Rocket Arm

Elite NFL Hand Size

Elite height (tall)

Looks good in shorts

Winner

High Wonderlic Score

He can palm a watermelon (see 2)

Poise in pocket

Play extension ability due to Elite Size/Althleticism

Played Juco

• Haha (+1) 1