Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

18 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You didn't answer my question.  Do you think if Nasty Nate starts Baltimore will not blitz the pants off of him?  This will also the first game for a 40% new OLine. If (WHEN) they do, do you think he will be able to handle it any better than he did last year?  If so, what makes you think so?

They are going to man press and blitz whoever starts.  I think it'll be an ugly day for our offense regardless of who's under center. 

Just now, Wily Dog said:

I believe i answered your question , either you did not watch practices or the game .or you didn't understand what you watched. 

Help me out here.  My concern is he can't handle pressure.  I haven't watched any practices, but you can't even touch the QBs in practice. that's why they wear those red jerseys.  I did watch the game and Carolina did'n't put that much pressure on him.  What specifically did you see in a practice or the Carolina game that make one think he can now handle pressure whereas 6 months ago he could not?

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Help me out here.  My concern is he can't handle pressure.  I haven't watched any practices, but you can't even touch the QBs in practice. that's why they wear those red jerseys.  I did watch the game and Carolina did'n't put that much pressure on him.  What specifically did you see in a practice or the Carolina game that make one think he can now handle pressure whereas 6 months ago he could not?

I was at practice today and Peterman handles the blitz the best of the three QB,s. They blitz but obviously dont touch the QB other than touch him to signify a sack. Peterman does not have a problem as the ball is gone before they get there and is complete to a back or emergency receiver.  Mc Caron does not have the release that Peterman has. You saw this on some passes in the game but obviously did not realize that they were blitzing. 

6 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I hate these “quarterback competitions.”  I look forward to a future where we know exactly who our starting QB is going into OTAs. 

I get your point, but qb competitions make pre season SO much more exciting/entertaining 

7 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I was at practice today and Peterman handles the blitz the best of the three QB,s. They blitz but obviously dont touch the QB other than touch him to signify a sack. Peterman does not have a problem as the ball is gone before they get there and is complete to a back or emergency receiver.  Mc Caron does not have the release that Peterman has. You saw this on some passes in the game but obviously did not realize that they were blitzing. 

Except when they actually have real pressure. Peterman is NOT good against it. He’d probably tell you that. He makes tons of mistakes against the blitz. Allen is the guy that will punish the blitz. He big, strong and mobile. He will step out of the rush and hit some big plays. McCarron is a sitting duck. He lacks the mobility of the other 2.

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Like last year and the year before?  Did you like that?

I should've been more clear.

During every offseason, for many years, including Tyrod's tenure, there has been uncertainty at QB. How high will we draft a QB?; will we trade for someone?; will we pick someone up off waivers?; will Peterman overtake TT in TC (lol!)... there have even been "trade for Luck/Brady/Brees/Rivers/Favre/whatever-franchise-QB-is-getting-long-in-the-tooth" conjecture/rumors/wishful thinking, etc. going on for as long as my short-term deprived memory can remember. 

(sigh... deep breath...)

When was the last time that sort of attitude existed in NE*?, Pittsburg?, New Orleans?, Atlanta?; Indy?; Green Bay???... sh*t, even Detroit... GOD DAMNED F***ING DETROIT (THE CITY THAT DIDN'T MIND POISONING ITS OWN POPULACE!!!), has been happy with their Franchise Quarterback for almost a decade. 

Please! PLEASE!!!  PLEEEEEASE!!! It's OUR TURN!!!

(exhale... sigh... breath... everything's fine... namaste... relax...)

That's what I meant...

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I get your point, but qb competitions make pre season SO much more exciting/entertaining 

Yes.. yes... it's been so..."exciting!", and "INTERESTING!!!" to see the likes of Brian Brohm, and Jeff Tuel, Thad Lewis, Kevin Kolb, and T.J Yates concussing side-line reporters, slipping on rubber matts and beating the living sh*t out of AIR over the last 20 DAMN YEARS!!!

(NOTE TO SELF: LESS DRINKING ON WEDNESDAYS)

44 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I should've been more clear.

During every offseason, for many years, including Tyrod's tenure, there has been uncertainty at QB. How high will we draft a QB?; will we trade for someone?; will we pick someone up off waivers?; will Peterman overtake TT in TC (lol!)... there have even been "trade for Luck/Brady/Brees/Rivers/Favre/whatever-franchise-QB-is-getting-long-in-the-tooth" conjecture/rumors/wishful thinking, etc. going on for as long as my short-term deprived memory can remember. 

That's what I meant...

Good post. Thanks. I agree.  Those guys are very rAre is the problem.  We used to be in that shape. All of those teams you mention have spent years in the QB dessert.

hopefully we got it now from one of these guys. I don't care which one.  Somebody. Any body ...

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Except when they actually have real pressure. Peterman is NOT good against it. He’d probably tell you that. He makes tons of mistakes against the blitz. Allen is the guy that will punish the blitz. He big, strong and mobile. He will step out of the rush and hit some big plays. McCarron is a sitting duck. He lacks the mobility of the other 2.

I'm gonna disagree on the bolded. I think AJ  feels the pressure and is able to float in the pocket to get to open spots and then pass. Sort of like Drew Brees does (NOT SAYING HE IS AS GOOD AS DREW). Theses more than 1 way to beat pressure.

2 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

Thanks for explanning fellow dog.  I just won't trust it til I see it however. There's a big difference from being touched for a sack and having Suggs barreling right at you.

Edited by reddogblitz

3 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

They are going to man press and blitz whoever starts.  I think it'll be an ugly day for our offense regardless of who's under center. 

Agree they will bring pressure no matter which QB plays.  McD and Dabol also know this and they'll prepare for it. 

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm gonna disagree on the bolded. I think AJ  feels the pressure and is able to float in the pocket to get to open spots and then pass. Sort of like Drew Brees does (NOT SAYING HE IS AS GOOD AS DREW). Theses more than 1 way to beat pressure.

He hasn’t done that though. He’s been sacked at like a 10% clip (which is atrocious). I like McCarron but he hasn’t consistently beaten pressure.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He hasn’t done that though. He’s been sack at like a 10% clip (which is atrocious). I like McCarron but he hasn’t consistently beaten pressure.

Thanks for the info Kirby. Didn't realize he had been sacked that often.  

Sometimes it is better to take a sack than throw an ill advised pass.

Should be fun to see what hAppens Friday night.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You could say it is.   I've been quiet these past months, 

wassa matter, did I get your gander up?  

are you pretending to not be a severe Peterman detractor?

its camp.   let it go.    

you can B word for real in 4 weeks 

Lmao, I have nothing against NP, I’m fine if he wins the job.  Doubting his ability to win said job isn’t the same thing as just not liking the kid.  I don’t see a guy yet that makes me believe he can be a consistently effective starter.  I would love him to show me otherwise, that would be great.  And personally I could give a damn who wins, Allen is our guy period either now or soon.  Everyone else is playing to be trade bait, so I hope they excel so we get something nice back for them when they hand the keys to Allen.

But you seem to have a problem with people being honest about what they have seen from him and are only looking for cheerleaders...which is rich coming from you considering you made it your career to trash TT even when he did something good for the last 3 years in every thread possible even ones that had nothing to do with TT or quarterbacks.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I just wanna say, there's been a lot of kicking and screaming for Josh Allen to get work in, elevated on the depth chart, if he struggles as second man in behind McCarron, don't be mad.

No excuses if Peterman excels as third man in.

It's not an excuse to say that a rookie will have a harder time playing w/ the 3s than a second year guy. If that wasn't obvious enough already. 

20 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Again you didn't answer my question.  I know it's a new year.  What have you seen in practices in shorts and red jerseys that tells you he is better under pressure?

He also went 9 for 9 in the last pre season game last year.  And you saw what happened ...

Peterman never went 9 for 9 in preseason last year, he was 9 of 11 for 81 yds. versus Detroit. 

He went 11 of 23, 10 of 20, 13 of 25, and 9 of 11 in his four games of rookie preseason action.

He showed potential as a rookie, he's showing progress now.

Going 6 for 6 and 9 for 9 in practice is indicative of a second-year player that has grown from his rookie year, and could easily serve as evidence that there's a much clearer understanding of the offense and of what the defense is trying to do on field. 

Peterman going 9 of 11 against what were likely the Lions' second or third team defenders in his rookie year, is a far cry from finishing 9 of 10 versus a first team defense---albeit a "vanilla defense"---headed by the likes of Kawann Short, Dontari Poe, and Mario Addison serving as his opposition.

Just now, BurpleBull said:

Peterman never went 9 for 9 in preseason last year, he was 9 of 11 for 81 yds. versus Detroit. 

He went 11 of 23, 10 of 20, 13 of 25, and 9 of 11 in his four games of rookie preseason action.

Going 6 for 6 and 9 for 9 in practice is indicative of a second-year player that has grown from his rookie year, and could easily serve as evidence that there's a much clearer understanding of the offense and of what the defense is trying to do on field. 

Peterman going 9 of 11 against what were likely the Lions' second or third team defenders in his rookie year, is a far cry from finishing 9 of 10 versus a first team defense---albeit a "vanilla defense"---headed by the likes of Kawann Short, Dontari Poe, and Mario Addison serving as his opposition.

OK

I'm glad you're happy with Nasty Nate's progress and play etc.  Practices in shorts and red jerseys doesn't cut it for me.  When i see him handle pressure well without ducking and chucking I too may be a believer.  But I gotta see it in a real game.  It's impossible to know until he plays a real game against a real defense that game plans for him.  That's where I'm at.

I'm not married to any of these guys.  I just want to keep the train (wins) rolling.

Have fun tomorrow night!

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

The high completion percentage highlights Peterman accuracy ( exceptional) in my humble opinion.

There is an argument to be made that with big, possession WR's that excel in fighting for the football Nate Peterman may also excel IMO.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It wasn't just pressure he had to deal with against the Chargers . The receivers weren't getting any seperation at all the entire time he played. It looked like the whole offense completely sabotaged him.

I've never seen a team let a player down more than they did to him that game. Tom Brady would've had a horrendous game if he had to play under the same circumstances.

Every other game he's played in Peterman has shown some really good things.

Edited by suorangefan4

52 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

It wasn't just pressure he had to deal with against the Chargers . The receivers weren't getting any seperation at all the entire time he played. It looked like the whole offense completely sabotaged him.

I've never seen a team let a player down more than they did to him that game. Tom Brady would've had a horrendous game if he had to play under the same circumstances.

I don't agree with this. However, if this isn't an indictment of Nate Peterman, I don't know what is!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, suorangefan4 said:

What good things did Peterman show against Jags?  A fumble and another Int?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1