Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

I think it’s silly to judge him on one half, where 2 of the picks were tipped balls.

He has shown quite a bit of resiliency - both in the snow game and in his performance so far this season.  All qb’s have bad games.  One thing that separates the goods ones is the ability to quickly forget.

3 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Who else ?

Well I'm glad you see that.  It sort of proves that you, personally, don't necessarily know what you're talking about if you say you like a QB since a guy you "liked" lasted a whole two years in a league starved for QBs.

50 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Yes, for me it is.

It is for me too.

QB roster spots are valuable and in short supply.  Why take it up with a guy that if you baby sit him for another 2 years might maybe turn into a "serviceable backup" whatever that is?  I'd rather find someone else to give a chance.  I'd bring in Vernon Adams Jr. over him for one.

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I think it’s silly to judge him on one half, where 2 of the picks were tipped balls.

He has shown quite a bit of resiliency - both in the snow game and in his performance so far this season.  All qb’s have bad games.  One thing that separates the goods ones is the ability to quickly forget.

Based on his last 4 plays in his last appearance as a Bill, one first down, one fumble. one penalty called on him, and one pick, he hasn't forgotten yet.

21 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol:

If this is true we are worse off than I thought.

I don't think JA will be ready to roll in September, though I could be wrong.

If he sits, I would not be surprised at all if Peterman beat out McCarron. 

They were both fifth round prospects after all. 

I also think that NP is more likely than not a better QB than we saw last year in LA. Exactly how much better idk, but if he really is as bad as some here say, if he's that bad, we will find out very very quickly and the discussion will be over and out once and for all.

5 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

I liked Jeff Tuel and thought that he was a decent  QB  but the powers that be  decided that he was  not, Brown ,Hamdan, and Brohm, not so much. There is the possibility that the " Braintrust"  was wrong in their dismissal of Tuel or they were spot on. That said, The Braintrust has continued to support Peterman , there are many factors in his favor as Beane said. Methinks that you are grasping at straws trying to  justify your position. 

Not grasping at all, just looking for someone to support that. You did. You believe that they gave up on Tuel too soon and are consistent here. My question is, when is it okay to form an opinion on a long shot prospect? The answer is definitely different for different people. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

5 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

If this is true we are worse off than I thought.

I don't think JA will be ready to roll in September, though I could be wrong.

If he sits, I would not be surprised at all if Peterman beat out McCarron. 

They were both fifth round prospects after all. 

I also think that NP is more likely than not a better QB than we saw last year in LA. Exactly how much better idk, but if he really is as bad as some here say, if he's that bad, we will find out very very quickly and the discussion will be over and out once and for all.

Should either AJM or Peterman begin the season as the starting QB, we know the "winner" will just be keeping the seat warm until the coaches deem Josh Allen ready to take the reins. 

17 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

He did show good accuracy, not with every pass, but he did show accuracy that I feel can be built on.

There's a difference between having good accuracy, posting 54% and 49% comp. percentages for various reasons and being an errant, erratic passer.

Peterman's not an errant or erratic passer. He wasn't in college and in the pros you can really only point to one out of five games that he appeared in, if you wanted to make the argument that he is.

He was praised for being accurate  when throwing from a clean pocket, it's when he's been under duress early on that his numbers tended to dip, but with more acclimation to the pro game, I would expect more comfort operating within the pocket and better production.

God I love quarterback debates !!!

So Peterman showed good accuracy on the passes he was accurate on? 

There's a firm foundation on which to build.........

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I keep asking (and no one is answering), how much of Jeff Tuel did you need to see to form an opinion? Do you think he deserved more chances? He was WAY better in his opportunity than Peterman. Why was it okay to write off Tuel but not Peterman? What about Levi Brown? Gibran Hamdan? Brian Brohm?

You probably haven't gotten a response to your question because it's clear that you will disregard whatever is said that is in favor of Peterman.

You and others are anti-Peterman. 

While those who support Peterman are still able to be Pro-McCarron and Allen.

Edited by BurpleBull

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Should either AJM or Peterman begin the season as the starting QB, we know the "winner" will just be keeping the seat warm until the coaches deem Josh Allen ready to take the reins. 

image.png.ac14a85e0394d126b8d7c15b39318cd1.png

And it could be 2018 or 2019 or ......

we  just don’t know.  

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

You probably haven't gotten a response to your question because it's clear that you will disregard whatever is said that is in favor of Peterman.

Sounds like you were anti-Tuel.

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

No, I got a response. Wily Dog said that he thought that they wrote off Tuel too soon. He’s consistent. I respect the fact that he took an unpopular opinion. Tuel was out of the league despite a decent first showing. 

I’m not “anti-Peterman.” I just don’t think that he is very good. If he’s the guy playing there is nothing that I want more than for him to succeed. Again, what I hope and what I think is totally different. 

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, I got a response. Wily Dog said that he thought that they wrote off Tuel too soon. He’s consistent. I respect the fact that he took an unpopular opinion. Tuel was out of the league despite a decent first showing. 

I’m not “anti-Peterman.” I just don’t think that he is very good. If he’s the guy playing there is nothing that I want more than for him to succeed. Again, what I hope and what I think is totally different. 

Oh I missed it, great then.

6 hours ago, eball said:

Well I'm glad you see that.  It sort of proves that you, personally, don't necessarily know what you're talking about if you say you like a QB since a guy you "liked" lasted a whole two years in a league starved for QBs.

And you of course do. 

8 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Yes, for me it is. 

In a gun fight would you want the Super Soaker(Peterman) or the 300 weatherby mag(Josh Allen)? 

They're not going to. 

In a gun fight accuracy could be the key ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

True, and if the super soaker is filled with hydrofluoric acid it could be lethal. 

I politely decline any invitations to your pool parties. 

EVEN if you have Bocces pizza coming! 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

. Exactly how much better idk, but if he really is as bad as some here say, if he's that bad, we will find out very very quickly and the discussion will be over and out once and for all.

Meanwhile we stack up a few Ls? No way. If he IS ready and clearly better, then you go with him. NOT on a oh well, aw shucks, wing and a prayer.  That goes for all 3 qbs.