Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

53 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Your attempt to validate him based on preseason performances vs. 3rd stringers is equally as empty.

You shouldn’t but it gives you an indication.   

26 is always saying Nate had problems last preseason against the rush. 

And as mentioned TT had the same problems producing points.  

It seems that the problems carried over for both.  

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I believe that conspiracy theory started as a result of the miked up defensive player on the Chargers (I forget who it was) who came out and said of Mills, "he literally didn't block me..."

But, I don't believe for a second that any of that was intentional. I was actually at that game (and, if I have any resentment towards Peterman... OK, I do... it is because I spent good money to watch that piece of history), and I have always maintained that the five interceptions only told half the story. No one on that field wanted to throw a game. Not when we were in playoff contention. But, what I saw in that first half was utter confusion. You could see it in their body language. When Taylor came out the second half, they looked like a different team. 

I don't disagree with you.

I just found it interesting that some have said that.

Also, I think the confusion was probably due the fact blocking for a guy like Peterman is much different than blocking for a guy like Tyrod.

Pocket style QB vs scramble QB.

Tyrod masked a lot of terrible oline play with his mobility, although, to be fair, he also caused a lot of issues with holding the ball too long.

I honestly don't subscribe to the theory that they let them smash Peterman on purpose, but maybe they felt deflated that their QB was benched and weren't mentally all there.

Who knows.

It's over.

Tyrod was against NO the previous week.

Peterman was all time terrible against SD (I refuse to call them anything but San Diego!!)

Oline was terrible.

Tyrod is gone.

The QB competition is real in so much as McD is basing it on what he sees now, not the giant turd Nate laid last year, or the decent play mccarron showed two+ years ago.

Go Bills.

34 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Good that you mention that...

Peterman was sacked exactly once in 49 pass attempts during the regular season.

Peterman was sacked four times in 79 pass attempts (54% comp.), to Tyrod Taylor's four in 29 pass attempts (48%) during last year's preseason.

Taylor was the veteran, Peterman the rookie. Peterman showed he could lead an offense.

Thank you for playing.

You are forgetting one thing. Taylor had just finished two full regular seasons as a starting QB. He didn't need to show he could lead an offense. The offense couldn't have been more vanilla if you recall the games. Peterman was in his first chance at showing he could and he did little. And then when he finally had his chance to show what he could do in a real game, he HAD THE WORST HALF A QB HAS EVER PLAYED IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. And it wasn't even close.

• Like (+1) 1

I guess I knew when I reminded the Tyrod " troops " of a n explanation for Peterman's ineptness  that they came on as they usually do. I am not a Tyrod hater , I only got frustrated with him after three years without progressing. I am not a Peterman " lover "either  but i get sick of the continual bashing that went on and still goes on with the same old drivel. Peterman will probably start in the season opener and will continue as our  QB until Allen is ready. That  said , what are the Peterman Bashers and Hater going to do if McDermott starts him in Baltimore, .?

On 5/21/2018 at 6:21 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

LAMP. There is nothing to base this on. 

Says the chief lamper

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You are forgetting one thing. Taylor had just finished two full regular seasons as a starting QB. He didn't need to show he could lead an offense. The offense couldn't have been more vanilla if you recall the games. Peterman was in his first chance at showing he could and he did little. And then when he finally had his chance to show what he could do in a real game, he HAD THE WORST HALF A QB HAS EVER PLAYED IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. And it wasn't even close.

On his third OC he sure as hell needed to.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

There was reporting after the  game that Joey  Bosa  said  " They didn't bock me " more than once  , which he found amazing. IIt also was reported that it had to do with Tyrod's demotion.. It was not a "popular " thing to the Tryod fans who quickly glommed onto the 5 interception fiasco and didn't want to hear any justification for Peterman as that would have been counter-productive to their mission to vilify Peterman. 

anyone remember another Bills QB that somebody didn't lo o for?

Edited by reddogblitz

30 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Says the chief lamper

On his third OC he sure as hell needed to.  

No he didn't. He proved it under two guys that still have jobs in the NFL. One of them a HC partly if not in large part because of Tyrod. The third OC tried to make him and most people around him do things they shouldn't be doing and get fired after one season, even after the team made the playoffs, which showed how awful the OC was. 

Tyrod is now on his fourth and seems to be doing quite well again. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I'm not trying to be a prick, so don't take it that way, but what have you seen Allen do, other than throw the ball harder than the other guys, that allows you to so confidently say that it "shouldn't be too difficult" for him to show that he's better at this stage in his career than both Peterman and McCarron?

I'm not a fan of being all enthusiastic about a guy based on his OTA play in shorts, but I have to agree with you.  Allen has all the ceiling in the world but there's a long way from being a physically talented guy with a lot of potential, to being a capable NFL starter.

There are a lot of questions for each of these QB to answer, which won't be addressed until, really, we see them in the regular season but we'll start to get some notions during training camp and preseason.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

For the Browns in camp.  

Thanks for the laughs 

If he wasn't doing well you and all the Never Tyroders would be all over him, screaming "SEE?! He can't even do well in OTAs!"

I was just stating a fact that Dennison was awful, and the outlier in Taylor's OC history, which you brought up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/15/2018 at 4:38 PM, reddogblitz said:

We'll see what happens.  I hope he knocks it out of the park and looks great on the podium hoisting his 2nd and 3rd Lombardi trophies.  Not holding my breath though.

I do have a new unopened bottle of Tabasco in my cupboard should eating crow be in order :).

I don't believe Tabasco and crow are a good pairing.  

My sources suggest bacon, carrots, onions, and parsley along with a good gravy well-seasoned with salt and pepper.

14 minutes ago, stuvian said:

this wasn't the QB controversy I was expecting

Perhaps you wanted an argument? Thats down the hall..

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't believe Tabasco and crow are a good pairing.  

My sources suggest bacon, carrots, onions, and parsley along with a good gravy well-seasoned with salt and pepper.

tell me you have never added Tabasco to a sausage gravy ?
Tell the truth Hap  !!

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If he wasn't doing well you and all the Never Tyroders would be all over him, screaming "SEE?! He can't even do well in OTAs!"

I was just stating a fact that Dennison was awful, and the outlier in Taylor's OC history, which you brought up.

Never never?

hes where he belongs 

is that what what you want to see?   Or what you want to believe?

you brought up Taylor deserving it.  

I disagreed.   Sorry you got off kilter 

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You shouldn’t but it gives you an indication.   

26 is always saying Nate had problems last preseason against the rush. 

And as mentioned TT had the same problems producing points.  

It seems that the problems carried over for both.  

Fair but 29 preseason pass attempts is a small sample size for a guy with 30 regular season starts. 

2 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

I guess I knew when I reminded the Tyrod " troops " of a n explanation for Peterman's ineptness  that they came on as they usually do. I am not a Tyrod hater , I only got frustrated with him after three years without progressing. I am not a Peterman " lover "either  but i get sick of the continual bashing that went on and still goes on with the same old drivel. Peterman will probably start in the season opener and will continue as our  QB until Allen is ready. That  said , what are the Peterman Bashers and Hater going to do if McDermott starts him in Baltimore, .?

Hope that he plays great...what else would we want?

HOPING that he will be great and THINKING that he will aren’t the same. I think that he stinks. I hope that he goes to the HOF and wins Super Bowls as the Bills QB.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not a fan of being all enthusiastic about a guy based on his OTA play in shorts, but I have to agree with you.  Allen has all the ceiling in the world but there's a long way from being a physically talented guy with a lot of potential, to being a capable NFL starter.

There are a lot of questions for each of these QB to answer, which won't be addressed until, really, we see them in the regular season but we'll start to get some notions during training camp and preseason.

I'm with you, I feel it's preseason football where everything becomes clearer and the big decision will be made, although I feel I read or heard somewhere that Daboll/McDermott will know who they're rolling with at some point during training camp.

I think some are willing to discount all the other variables that they know go in to making a QB starter quality, if it means placing Allen in the driver seat, ready to take the wheel or not.

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Tyrod is now on his fourth and seems to be doing quite well again. 

Quite well ?    Is he ready to churn out another 130 yard season ending performance ? 

Cot guys so triggered by Peterman ???

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Quite well ?    Is he ready to churn out another 130 yard season ending performance ? 

Cot guys so triggered by Peterman ???

Hey, I hope Peterman has Tyrod’s career. If he starts 40 something games and throws 3 times as many TDs as INTs it will be a MASSIVE success. Does anyone expect that to happen?

• Thank you (+1) 1