Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yeah he prob would have hit 8 ints.

There is a bunch of chatter that some of the oline purpose of let pass rush through on purpose as a protest of the Tyrod benching.

Honestly no way to prove it without a direct admission, but some of those "blocks" looked pretty suspect.

Anyway, Nate had a all time bad game.

I think I'm not going to write him off on such a small sample size, just like I'm not willing to anoint deshaun Watson all time great after a few games.

I just saw this article:

https://articles.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/06/buffalo_bills_qb_nathan_peterman_is_terrible_at_football_says_adam_schein.amp

My fave part:

"I could not believe my eyes this weekend when I saw a report that Nathan Peterman--yeah, Nathan Peterman--who threw five interceptions in the first half of his first NFL start (was) still in the mix to win the Bills' starting quarterback job. Wait, what? I mean, first of all, Mike Rodak, who had this story, is a superb reporter. I have a better chance to start in Week 1 for the Buffalo Bills than Nathan Peterman. It's not going to happen. Mainly because Nathan Peterman is terrible at football."

I mean he called Rodak a "superb reporter"

I think we can agree that invalidates the rest of his opinions ??

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

locks" lookedHonestly no way to prove it without a direct admission, but some of those "b pretty suspect.

I think I'm not going to write him off on such a small sample size, just like I'm not willing to anoint deshaun Watson all time great after a few games.

I just saw this article:

https://articles.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/06/buffalo_bills_qb_nathan_peterman_is_terrible_at_football_says_adam_schein.amp

My fave part:

"I could not believe my eyes this weekend when I saw a report that Nathan Peterman--yeah, Nathan Peterman--who threw five interceptions in the first half of his first NFL start (was) still in the mix to win the Bills' starting quarterback job. Wait, what? I mean, first of all, Mike Rodak, who had this story, is a superb reporter. I have a better chance to start in Week 1 for the Buffalo Bills than Nathan Peterman. It's not going to happen. Mainly because Nathan Peterman is terrible at football."

There was reporting after the  game that Joey  Bosa  said  " They didn't bock me " more than once  , which he found amazing. IIt also was reported that it had to do with Tyrod's demotion.. It was not a "popular " thing to the Tryod fans who quickly glommed onto the 5 interception fiasco and didn't want to hear any justification for Peterman as that would have been counter-productive to their mission to vilify Peterman. 

5 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

There was reporting after the  game that Joey  Bosa  said  " They didn't bock me " more than once  , which he found amazing. IIt also was reported that it had to do with Tyrod's demotion.. It was not a "popular " thing to the Tryod fans who quickly glommed onto the 5 interception fiasco and didn't want to hear any justification for Peterman as that would have been counter-productive to their mission to vilify Peterman. 

Ockham’s Razor

It’s much more likely that he struggled than some conspiracy theory that a playoff team would sabotage the game in protest. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

bad lines screw up and let people run free to the qb plenty. I heard bosa's sound bite. I didn't look too far into it one bit.  anyone trying to say it was some sort of conspiracy honestly looks like a complete fool..... they also need to rewind the tape 2 weeks prior to the jets game and watch the same line let the jets d-line literally swallow up taylor within a second or 2, play after play after play.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

I'm not trying to be a prick, so don't take it that way, but what have you seen Allen do, other than throw the ball harder than the other guys, that allows you to so confidently say that it "shouldn't be too difficult" for him to show that he's better at this stage in his career than both Peterman and McCarron?

It could also be a major indictment of Peterman and McCarron's ability to play the QB position as well.

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ockham’s Razor

It’s much more likely that he struggled than some conspiracy theory that a playoff team would sabotage the game in protest. 

I agree with you that in the Charger game the rookie was simply overwhelmed. That game was last year. The issue of whether it represented his future play means little in comparison how he plays this year in camp and entering the season. My belief is that Allen is eventually going to start sometime this season. Even if the big armed rookie qb doesn't get much playing time this year it is recognized that he is going to be our franchise qb.

I'm not as down on Peterman as you are. I still see a role for him as a backup this year. As far as his long term prospects with the Bills it is at best as a backup qb. If he attains that role then I will be more than satisfied with it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I agree with you that in the Charger game the rookie was simply overwhelmed. That game was last year. The issue of whether it represented his future play means little in comparison how he plays this year in camp and entering the season. My belief is that Allen is eventually going to start sometime this season. Even if the big armed rookie qb doesn't get much playing time this year it is recognized that he is going to be our franchise qb.

I'm not as down on Peterman as you are. I still see a role for him as a backup this year. As far as his long term prospects with the Bills it is at best as a backup qb. If he attains that role then I will be more than satisfied with it.

That’s fair John. If he can be a “Matt Moore” type on a rookie contract it will be great. That would be really valuable to the Bills. 

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yeah he prob would have hit 8 ints.

There is a bunch of chatter that some of the oline purpose of let pass rush through on purpose as a protest of the Tyrod benching.

Honestly no way to prove it without a direct admission, but some of those "blocks" looked pretty suspect.

I just saw this article:

My fave part:

I believe that conspiracy theory started as a result of the miked up defensive player on the Chargers (I forget who it was) who came out and said of Mills, "he literally didn't block me..."

But, I don't believe for a second that any of that was intentional. I was actually at that game (and, if I have any resentment towards Peterman... OK, I do... it is because I spent good money to watch that piece of history), and I have always maintained that the five interceptions only told half the story. No one on that field wanted to throw a game. Not when we were in playoff contention. But, what I saw in that first half was utter confusion. You could see it in their body language. When Taylor came out the second half, they looked like a different team. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/17/2018 at 3:22 PM, BurpleBull said:

Who are you to declare that he impressed none?

Maybe you have your own understanding of what it means to impress, perhaps you're expressing a biased view because you don't feel he's the Bills best option to start, but he did impress a lot of people in last year's preseason.

Showed poise and ability to lead an offense.

One TD and 54% completion and one pass completed over 15 yards in the air and shaky against the rush you mean?

On 6/18/2018 at 8:00 AM, eball said:

I would argue that this would be just about the strangest thing ever to happen in the history of the NFL.  Peterman shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Brady unless that sentence is "Peterman is nothing like Brady."

We should have a (Marquis) Goodwin's Law with Brady, like Godwin's Law and Hitler. First one to mention Brady in a thread trying to prove a point about good quarterbacking loses. 

I really won't know how I feel if Peterman starts.  I really liked him coming out of college.  Then the Charger game was a kick in the balls.

I didn't think he had a shot this year and thought if Allen shows promise early and McCaron is steady.....Peterman might not make the team.

But then he gets either the majority or the same amount of reps with the 1st team along with McCaron.....so it really looks like he's not an afterthought with the coaching staff.  He legitimately could win it.  
If he does start against the Ravens, I will have no idea what to expect.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It could also be a major indictment of Peterman and McCarron's ability to play the QB position as well.

This response doesn't answer the question.

I asked what you've seen from Allen other than throwing the football very hard that allows you to say that showing that he's better than both Peterman and McCarron shouldn't be difficult a task?

Arm strength and sound of football whizzing through the air aside, what have you even just heard from reports that leads you to believe that Allen showing that he's better than Peterman and McCarron "shouldn't be too difficult" even at this stage of his development?

I'm just curious.

15 hours ago, fridge said:

I'm not even that high on Peterman, but this a joke of a post. You're going to cite the time he was thrust into a playoff game with two minutes to go, on the road, against arguably the top defense/secondary in the AFC?

There's plenty of reasons to knock on Peterman, but this isn't it.

of course he is.  

the WR was doing exactly what he did for Tyrod.   - run route, turn stop, wait 

9 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I asked what you've seen from Allen other than throwing the football very hard that allows you to say that showing that he's better than both Peterman and McCarron shouldn't be difficult a task?

Arm strength and sound of football whizzing through the air aside, what have you even just heard from reports that leads you to believe that Allen showing that he's better than Peterman and McCarron "shouldn't be too difficult" even at this stage of his development?

I'm just curious.

Allen has the talent and the football smarts to win the job right away.

TC, OF COURSE, is going to tell the story.

Allen is the more talented QB than both Peterman and McCarron. Why is this so hard to figure out?

18 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

One TD and 54% completion and one pass completed over 15 yards in the air and shaky against the rush you mean?

We should have a (Marquis) Goodwin's Law with Brady, like Godwin's Law and Hitler. First one to mention Brady in a thread trying to prove a point about good quarterbacking loses. 

Do you realize that Peterman as a rookie in preseason led the Bills on its only TD drive, prior to him being inserted into action with the first team offense against the Ravens? 

Tyrod Taylor couldn't generate a TD drive up to that point working with the 1st team and I believe he completed only 49% of his passes.

Peterman threw a pretty TD pass in the Vikings game, and set the Bills up for points in both the Eagles and Lions finale. 

Your attempt to discredit Peterman is a very empty one, that doesn't tell the whole story.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BurpleBull said:

Do you realize that Peterman as a rookie in preseason led the Bills on its only TD drive, prior to him being inserted into action with the first team offense against the Ravens? 

Tyrod Taylor couldn't generate a TD drive up to that point working with the 1st team and I believe he completed only 49% of his passes.

Peterman threw a pretty TD pass in the Vikings game, and set the Bills up for points in both the Eagles and Lions finale. 

Your attempt to discredit Peterman is a very empty one, that doesn't tell the whole story.

Your attempt to validate him based on preseason performances vs. 3rd stringers is equally as empty.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I'm just curious.

He's very good at avoiding the rush, which is essential to being a Bills QB. Peterman is lousy at it. AJ is known to be okay.

3 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Taylor threw 29 passes. Nate threw 79. Thanks for playing.

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Allen has the talent and the football smarts to win the job right away.

TC, OF COURSE, is going to tell the story.

Allen is the more talented QB than both Peterman and McCarron. Why is this so hard to figure out?

Okay.

Ryan Leaf had talent, not saying Josh Allen is Ryan Leaf, but he had talent too.

Just pointing out one's upside doesn't give credence to a claim like that.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

Okay.

Ryan Leaf had talent, not saying Josh Allen is Ryan Leaf, but he had talent too.

We will see what Allen does in camp and if he earns the starting spot, McDermott will put him in there.

3 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Okay.

I find the unwavering support for a 5th round pick who showed almost nothing in regular season bizarre.  EJ at least had a few decent games to start before he received undying love from BF4E.   You aren't related to BF4E  are you?

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

of course he is.  

the WR was doing exactly what he did for Tyrod.   - run route, turn stop, wait 

you WOULD try and passively find a way to bring up and blame the old qb for petermans blunder. 

classic.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's very good at avoiding the rush, which is essential to being a Bills QB. Peterman is lousy at it. AJ is known to be okay.

Taylor threw 29 passes. Nate threw 79. Thanks for playing.

Good that you mention that...

Peterman was sacked exactly once in 49 pass attempts during the regular season.

Peterman was sacked four times in 79 pass attempts (54% comp.), to Tyrod Taylor's four in 29 pass attempts (48%) during last year's preseason.

Taylor was the veteran, Peterman the rookie. Peterman showed he could lead an offense.

Thank you for playing.

• Like (+1) 1