Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

34 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Thanks Mom. I'm rooting for the best QB whoever that is. I really don't care which one it is. Just win.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm willing to write him off for this AND in the playoff game in 4 plays he got a first down, fumbled, had a penalty called on him,and then threw a pick. 

Sure it was a tough situation, but if he's really our 2nd string QB, he needs to produce when called on.  If he can't, we can't afford to wait for him to grow up when we got games to win.

I kindof put most of the blame for this on Coach McDermott.  You GOTTA have a backup QB that can actually play.  Nick Foles ...  If the Eagles had Nasty Nate as their backup they probably would not have even made the playoffs.

"The most important position is QB.  The second most important position is back up QB." -- HOF Joe Gibbs

As I recall, he looked really good in shorts last year too.

ok

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

65 yards has to be associated with the opposing defense no?  

If not wow.  Just wow

I don't even know what you're talking' about Dude.

All I said was Nasty Nate melts under pressure.  Are you saying he does not?  If so, when did he not except for that 1 play out of 16?

And it has ZERO to do with what other Bills QBs may or may not do.

What exactly does this have to do with Nasty Nate and his penchant for melting under pressure?

..ONE start prematurely equates to "melting under pressure"?.....keep your day job as there is no apparent future in the NFL ranks....good Lord, the fickle get fickler.....

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..ONE start prematurely equates to "melting under pressure"?.....keep your day job as there is no apparent future in the NFL ranks....good Lord, the fickle get fickler.....

so 1 for 16 under pressure is not melting? What about the chuck and duck pick vs LA?  Melting or not melting?

I have worked for 2 NFL teams. How many have you worked for?

Edited by reddogblitz

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

read the entire sentense, Peterman has every chance and skillset to pass TT....if he were in a situation where he was "the guy," for a way-too-long period of time."  

If McCarron and Allen were on the team last year, TT would have been 3rd string.  

You do understand that such a situation where you start for multiple years often includes beating out meager competition, right?  If you don't think Peterman can out compete a career backup and rookie then why do you think he can surpass Tyrod??

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

so 1 for 16 under pressure is not melting? What about the chuck and duck pick vs LA?  Melting or not melting?

I have worked for 2 NFL teams. How many have you worked for?

We can see why you no longer do.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

...sounds like McBeane/McD/McDaboll missed your analysis because he's still in camp......not sure what else to say......

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sounds like McBeane/McD/McDaboll missed your analysis because he's still in camp......not sure what else to say......

We'll see what happens.  I hope he knocks it out of the park and looks great on the podium hoisting his 2nd and 3rd Lombardi trophies.  Not holding my breath though.

I do have a new unopened bottle of Tabasco in my cupboard should eating crow be in order :).

Edited by reddogblitz

31 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

We'll see what happens.  I hope he knocks it out of the park and looks great on the podium hoisting his 2nd and 3rd Lombardi trophies.  Not holding my breath though.

I do have a new unopened bottle of Tabasco in my cupboard should eating crow be in order :).

....THREE viable QB options in various roles that could be a big benefit to this team is a LONG TIME COMING.......all I'm trying to say.......stay tuned.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I actually think people are sleeping on Peterman.  This is entirely possible.

HOWEVER...if this was a part of the process why trade up to get Allen?  Or did he miraculously get significantly better during the offseason unbeknownst to McBeane?

32 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....THREE viable QB options in various roles that could be a big benefit to this team is a LONG TIME COMING.......all I'm trying to say.......stay tuned.....

What qualifies as not being viable?

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I should be ashamed of myself to contribute to this, but I'm not.  I have an agenda: I will link highlights featuring Dire Straights every chance I get.

But anyone who thinks AJ McCarron won't win you a game, sure looks like he's got some "clutch" factor here.

if you link any Dire Straights and that Mark Knopfler ? I will report you.

I know people. so just watch it Bud !

Nice to have what i do consider real QB competition in Buffalo. and for the right reasons this time !

1 hour ago, PeterGriffin said:

We can see why you no longer do.

WE ?

you should stock the Green Tabasco.
Eating crow is a bit of a culinary art form.
Hard to call so early. I hope they all knock it out of the park. Or at least round the bases now and again.

don't care who wins. Just hope McD is able to choose the best one to get us some wins early as Allen develops.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

I actually think people are sleeping on Peterman.  This is entirely possible.

HOWEVER...if this was a part of the process why trade up to get Allen?  Or did he miraculously get significantly better during the offseason unbeknownst to McBeane?

why trade up  to Allen? Have you seen this kid? Bills had to go after it this year. Nix had to as well, but that was a different story line.
and always always always draft the future at QB. until you are sure you have a proven one. and then keep drafting them if you think they have what it takes.

jmo.

i get your point though.

22 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Nathan Peterman's gonna turn it on in training camp. Just watch.

I wish him and the Bills the very best !

btw. you might be closer to the truth than when you opened this thread. Fun thread B B

• Like (+1) 1