Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

We definitely should not be using preseason completion percentage as a stand in for accuracy. Peterman was generally accurate as far as I could see. He obviously needs to improve in other aspects.

Yes.   He had a 100% completion percentage when throwing to members of opposing team ;-)

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He was a 5th round rookie not ready to play, we all knew that.   

He was was put in because the starter was horrible for 5 of 5 weeks.  

I’m more confident in saying Nate may have an upside and knowing TT will never be a franchise guy.  

LMAO...geezus its getting deep now.  TT was not awful the whole season going into the SD game and we were a playoff team at that point.  I mean geezus...TT has made multiple pro bowls, wining record, great TD:INT ratio, etc...and you are saying NP has more potential?  LMAO...NP would slap his mama to have even half the career TT has right now.  I mean we just traded TT for a premium pick so he could start on another team while we couldn't trade NP for a Domino's pizza right now.

Its interesting, that so many people madly in love with NP are the same who hated TT to no end.  Seems you have this crush on NP still just because he isn't TT.  I mean not one of you have actually said one single credible or factual positive about NP...its always just he isn't TT.  

NEWSFLASH:  TT is gone...move on already.  Just because NP isn't TT doesn't make him a viable prospect.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’m more confident in saying Nate may have an upside and knowing TT will never be a franchise guy.  

If Peterman has half as good a career as Tyrod that will be a major surprise.

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He was was put in because the starter was horrible for 4 of 5 weeks.  That is what ACTUALLY happened.  

Nobody?   

I guess this is the disagreement. I think Tyrod is a decent game manager. I think 99% of the people in the NFL would agree with that. Nathan Peterman is light years from that point. If Peterman ever achieved what Taylor has it would be a miracle. We are all in agreement that Taylor is no better than okay. Peterman is so far from “okay” with a ceiling that probably doesn’t even reach that. There is little to no chance that Peterman starts 40 something games with a winning record and 3:1 TD to INT. You hate Tyrod but are willing to give a lot of slack to a guy who has less than a 1% chance of replicating Tyrod’s career.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess this is the disagreement. I think Tyrod is a decent game manager. I think 99% of the people in the NFL would agree with that. Nathan Peterman is light years from that point. If Peterman ever achieved what Taylor has it would be a miracle. We are all in agreement that Taylor is no better than okay. Peterman is so far from “okay” with a ceiling that probably doesn’t even reach that. There is little to no chance that Peterman starts 40 something games with a winning record and 3:1 TD to INT. You hate Tyrod but are willing to give a lot of slack to a guy who has less than a 1% chance of replicating Tyrod’s career.

On the other hand, TT only has played as much as he has because he had zero competition last year (a rookie QB) and his TD to interception ratio is grossly inflated by his inability/unwillingness to even attempt to throw passes when a DB is around.  That's why he throws for so few yards and misses open WR's.  

I think Petterman has every chance and skillset to pass TT's production if he were in a situation where he was "the guy" for an way-too-long period of time.  But I don't see that happening.  I see Allen starting at the latest at the beginning of next year, unless McCarron lights it up.  

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

On the other hand, TT only has played as much as he has because he had zero competition last year (a rookie QB) and his TD to interception ratio is grossly inflated by his inability/unwillingness to even attempt to throw passes when a DB is around.  That's why he throws for so few yards and misses open WR's.  

I think Petterman has every chance and skillset to pass TT's production if he were in a situation where he was "the guy" for an way-too-long period of time.  But I don't see that happening.  I see Allen starting at the latest at the beginning of next year, unless McCarron lights it up.  

Based on what skill set?

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Peterman has every chance to surpass Tyrod but can't beat out a rookie or McCarron?  Interesting stuff.

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Peterman has every chance to surpass Tyrod but can't beat out a rookie or McCarron?  Interesting stuff.

read the entire sentense, Peterman has every chance and skillset to pass TT....if he were in a situation where he was "the guy," for a way-too-long period of time."  

If McCarron and Allen were on the team last year, TT would have been 3rd string.  

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Based on what skill set?

The skillset that led to him being a 4 star recruit at starter at Tennessee and Pitt.  The one that led him to a victory at Pitt over a VASTLY superior Clemson team.  

He has the intelligence, athletic ability (more than ppl give him credit for) to win games.  He needs a line that actually blocks Bosa.  Coaching error to pick that game as the first one.  

2015 Pittsburgh 13 193 313 61.7 2,287 20 8
2016 Pittsburgh 13 185 306 60.5 2,855 27 7

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

read the entire sentense, Peterman has every chance and skillset to pass TT....if he were in a situation where he was "the guy," for a way-too-long period of time."  

If McCarron and Allen were on the team last year, TT would have been 3rd string.  

The skillset that led to him being a 4 star recruit at starter at Tennessee and Pitt.  The one that led him to a victory at Pitt over a VASTLY superior Clemson team.  

He has the intelligence, athletic ability (more than ppl give him credit for) to win games.  He needs a line that actually blocks Bosa.  Coaching error to pick that game as the first one.  

That doesn't mean anything regarding his prospects as an NFL QB and neither do the stats you posted.  He has shown a complete lack of poise under pressure along with a weak throwing arm combined with a gunslinger mentality.  That spells disaster in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, eball said:

Fitz made it work.  :lol:

I didn't realize that.  How many passes has he thrown in the playoffs?  If he's every carried any team with his pass play, it should be evident from his playoff performances.

43 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

The worst thing to happen to us was Peterman playing great against Clemson. It gave people false hope. I do agree that he is smart and he is WAY underrated as an athlete. 

McCarron wouldn’t have played ahead of Taylor. There is a reason that a team gave up pick 65 and is paying Tyrod $18m instead of just signing McCarron for $5m. Allen is the only guy that matters in this conversation. Everyone else is vying to be a decent place holder for a couple of months at most. 

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The worst thing to happen to us was Peterman playing great against Clemson. It gave people false hope. I do agree that he is smart and he is WAY underrated as an athlete. 

McCarron wouldn’t have played ahead of Taylor. There is a reason that a team gave up pick 65 and is paying Tyrod $18m instead of just signing McCarron for $5m. Allen is the only guy that matters in this conversation. Everyone else is vying to be a decent place holder for a couple of months at most. 

Are we to assume that teams (especially that one) aren't terrible at evaluating QB's?

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:
  2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said: 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO...geezus its getting deep now.  TT was not awful the whole season going into the SD game and we were a playoff team at that point.  I mean geezus...TT has made multiple pro bowls, wining record, great TD:INT ratio, etc...and you are saying NP has more potential?  LMAO...NP would slap his mama to have even half the career TT has right now.  I mean we just traded TT for a premium pick so he could start on another team while we couldn't trade NP for a Domino's pizza right now.

Its interesting, that so many people madly in love with NP are the same who hated TT to no end.  Seems you have this crush on NP still just because he isn't TT.  I mean not one of you have actually said one single credible or factual positive about NP...its always just he isn't TT.  

NEWSFLASH:  TT is gone...move on already.  Just because NP isn't TT doesn't make him a viable prospect.

I didn't see any "deep love" or "mad crush" for Peterman.  He said Peterman "may have an upside" and he feels he knows TT "will never be a franchise guy."  Mildly positive toward Peterman (saying he has a chance to be better) and saying only that TT has shown himself not to be elite.  Both seem utterly reasonable to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Work?  Define work. :unsure:

Decade long career making a schitt ton of cash.  I didn't say he was successful on the field.

47 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

I didn't realize that.  How many passes has he thrown in the playoffs?  If he's every carried any team with his pass play, it should be evident from his playoff performances.

You are lacking a sarcasm gene.  One can not dispute that Fitz has "successfully" navigated the NFL to the tune of a decade long career and lots of $$.

I've liked Peterman's potential from the moment he hit the field in preseason (granted, I skipped the Chargers game to play a golf tournament at Torrey Pines...lol).  I sense he's head and shoulders above the other guys at this point in his ability to run an offense and read a defense.  The question, especially after his performance against the Bolts, is whether he can maintain his poise when the regular season bullets start flying.  But count me in the camp who expects him to be the game one starter.  How long he keeps the job is up to him, and how quickly Josh Allen can develop. 

AJ's skillset screams longterm clipboard guy to me.  Not mobile.  Not the strongest arm.  Not the quickest release.  Can go in and not single-handedly lose a game, but won't win you one either. 

Edited by TheBrownBear

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The reason is that mccarron would actually have had to agree to play in Cleveland ??

They traded to get tt because he was already under contract, so he has no choice but to play for the Browns!!

(I'm just joking btw, I just thought it was a funny joke)