Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

Gentle OP, although we have no reason to doubt your sincerity, you'll forgive us if we don't jump on your bandwagon quite yet.

It is entirely possible that Two Bills Drive's 'The Stadium Wall' will give birth to a new internet message board acronym:  TSTT: Too Soon To Tell.

I like him a bit more than most (and more than I probably should), but this is going to be a VERY tough sell unless we see him play quality actual NFL regular season football. That was the worst half of football I have ever seen from an NFL QB. Tough to rinse that out of my brain. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Right now you are looking like the smartest guy in the room. Sorry I doubted you.

Sarcasm noted.

But tell me what exactly at this very moment, has you believing that Allen is the frontrunner in the QB competition to lead the offense, given how OTAs played out, with Peterman being arguably the most consistent QB of the three during that time?

You waited way too long to get snarky...but it's expected.

Great timing.

Peterman doesn't quite have the arm strength to be an elite NFL QB. I see his ceiling to be somewhere around Fitzpatrick. I hope he turns into something that can maybe get us a few picks like McCarron almost did for Cincy, but Allen is the future IMO. You just can't ignore that "Freakish, possibly an X-Man" arm that Allen has.

Edited by LikeIGiveADarn

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I voted that Allen would win the starting job, but Peterman has certainly had the best offseason of the 3 QBs. He's even been noted more for communicating on the field and organizing workouts with the WRs during the 6 week break.

So, if things continue the way they are, where does that leave McCarron? He'll be sent packing if he's the third QB.

Why? His cap hit is next to nothing, and having him on the roster is great insurance against injuries.

8 minutes ago, FranchiseQB said:

I first want to say that Josh Allen is a nice PROSPECT, but he's not ready to play in the NFL despite wowing people with the Jamarcus Russell arm. He'll no doubt show well during preseason against 3rd stringers but we shouldn't be thinking about him as a potential starter for the Bills until 2020 at the earliest.

Nathan Peterman however is THE TRUTH: exact, no fault, no fake, thrust worthy, clear, absolute etc. Easy to understand how some could write him off after a disastrous debut in LA last year but there is still a distinct reason why Tyrod Taylor was benched for him and is no longer on this team. Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott knew the moxy and grit were there all along despite Peterman free falling from as high as a 1st round pick and dropping into the Bills laps in the 5th round.

I have followed Nathan Peterman's career from his days as a four star recruit out of Bartram HS in Florida. At the time many felt he was the next elite NFL prospect and things did not obviously pan out of him at Tenn mostly due to very high expectations and being compared to the next Peyton Manning (yes that' how good he is/was). Obviously things took off for him after transferring to PITT including a legendary performance against eventual national champion Clemson (their only loss that season).

At the end of the day Nathan Peterman is turning heads in his 2nd NFL offseason and there is a lot of a chatter already that the Bills may have made a mistake with their draft capital on Allen this yea after seeing him drop some straight up dimes in these practices this week. I look forward to watching Nathan dominate this year as the Bills starter and best case scenario for the Bills is they end up having two elite NFL starting QB's but if Allen doesn't pan out they can likely trade him for something worthwhile in return.

Just remember where you were in 5 years, the juices flowing, the unveiling of a premier NFL player that may become the next Tom Brady or better.

...I really like the Peterman kid, but take it slow and steady IMO.....his did show promise, awareness as well progression awareness early on last year.....despite the TBD "Five Pick Bust Gang" yapping about him....the SD start was Dennison's doing because he could not work with TT.......and so far in minis & OTA's, Peterman has shown progress in his development which contradicts the "El Busto Gang", with no surprise.....probably why they're "employed" here versus on McBeane's staff at OBD.....Allen draft capital is STILL a wise move and he'll be the eventual franchise QB, hopefully following in Kelly's footsteps.....BUT....I will not sell the Peterman kid short on his talents.......

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, FranchiseQB said:

I first want to say that Josh Allen is a nice PROSPECT, but he's not ready to play in the NFL despite wowing people with the Jamarcus Russell arm. He'll no doubt show well during preseason against 3rd stringers but we shouldn't be thinking about him as a potential starter for the Bills until 2020 at the earliest.

Nathan Peterman however is THE TRUTH: exact, no fault, no fake, thrust worthy, clear, absolute etc. Easy to understand how some could write him off after a disastrous debut in LA last year but there is still a distinct reason why Tyrod Taylor was benched for him and is no longer on this team. Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott knew the moxy and grit were there all along despite Peterman free falling from as high as a 1st round pick and dropping into the Bills laps in the 5th round.

I have followed Nathan Peterman's career from his days as a four star recruit out of Bartram HS in Florida. At the time many felt he was the next elite NFL prospect and things did not obviously pan out of him at Tenn mostly due to very high expectations and being compared to the next Peyton Manning (yes that' how good he is/was). Obviously things took off for him after transferring to PITT including a legendary performance against eventual national champion Clemson (their only loss that season).

At the end of the day Nathan Peterman is turning heads in his 2nd NFL offseason and there is a lot of a chatter already that the Bills may have made a mistake with their draft capital on Allen this yea after seeing him drop some straight up dimes in these practices this week. I look forward to watching Nathan dominate this year as the Bills starter and best case scenario for the Bills is they end up having two elite NFL starting QB's but if Allen doesn't pan out they can likely trade him for something worthwhile in return.

Just remember where you were in 5 years, the juices flowing, the unveiling of a premier NFL player that may become the next Tom Brady or better.

Hey Franchise...don´t get me wrong my friend, I have a few posts in my count as well, however I find a little bit odd, when ¨new posters¨ start with polemic topics, like this one I interpret (excuse me if I am wrong) as a polemic where not only you predict NP success purely in ¨end of the day¨perception and  a little bit of an extrapolation of his success while in NCAA, but on top of that you pick on OneDrive guys making ´a mistake´in gettin Allen to high in the draft. I think you´re  really disguised in a new poster ID, and you're one of the old NP apologists or one of the guys that threw chairs in that video at a small gym the moment they picked Josh in April. We coincide tough that it won´t hurt if in a couple of years we end up having a scenario ala Brees & Rivers, in our QB ranks. Thanks anyway! 

Edited by BuffaLoko

17 minutes ago, FranchiseQB said:

I wouldn't say Brady but I've been defending him since last camp. I took a lot of crap. Chances are if they get a good offer for aj they will tAke it and roll with nAte. That doesn't mean I want that to happen, I'd rather carry 3 but my money is on that happening by trade deadline at least. Sorry I quoted whole post. Oops

Edited by billsredneck1

16 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Peterman doesn't quite have the arm strength to be an elite NFL QB. I see his ceiling to be somewhere around Fitzpatrick. I hope he turns into something that can maybe get us a few picks like McCarron almost did for Cincy, but Allen is the future IMO. You just can't ignore that "Freakish, possibly an X-Man" arm that Allen has.

Agreed although more towards Matt Ryan for me but first and foremost is winning games starting opening day. It would be criminal to start Josh against the first 4 and not fair to the rest of the team.

Edited by billsredneck1

On 6/13/2018 at 6:28 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

Josh Allen getting on the field early, which may be a short term failure in exchange for quicker long-lasting future success due to experience can still be easily looked at as "team success."

Nope. These guys are win first.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I like him a bit more than most (and more than I probably should), but this is going to be a VERY tough sell unless we see him play quality actual NFL regular season football. That was the worst half of football I have ever seen from an NFL QB. Tough to rinse that out of my brain. 

I can overlook the LA game. The lack of velocity on that pick, however, is galling. I’m pretty sure that pass couldn’t even have caught up with Pete Metzelaars on a dead run releasing into the flat unless he took a good chuck at the LOS. 

Edited by transient