Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

According to this guy:

Josh Allen (Third team) 12 of 18 "...mixed results".

1st two-min. drill; threw INT to Breon Borders.

2nd two-min. drill; led team for TD (scoring TD going to Robert Foster).

AJ McCarron ---  (First team) 15 of 19  "...nice first down throws". 

No TDs.

Led drive that ended with a would-be FG attempt.

Nathan Peterman (Second team) 13 of 15 "...pretty good day".

Threw a TD early on to Brandon Reilly during redzone drills.

Led Bills into redzone, ending on what would have been a FG attempt.

The media reporting, day of the OTAs has been so unbalanced; seems like there's been an effort to trivialize the positive contributions of the less heralded QB's.

Good for Peterman.

Sunday, Nov. 4, home game vs. Chicago Bears, Josh Allen MUST and WILL. start as quarterback!

I'll be ********* if I chew up board space with any of these asinine prediction threads.  I'll just tack them onto similar 'shots in the dark'.

9 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Sunday, Nov. 4, home game vs. Chicago Bears, Josh Allen MUST and WILL. start as quarterback!

I'll be ********* if I chew up board space with any of these asinine prediction threads.  I'll just tack them onto similar 'shots in the dark'.

There is nothing asinine about this thread.

You feeling Josh Allen should start ASAP doesn't cancel out any idea that contradicts that or make it asinine.

There will be hysteria in here if Peterman jumps ahead in the pecking order because there seems to be very little appreciation for slow and steady progress. There's a want for missiles being thrown all over the field.

There's always the want for immediate gratification, always the want for what's considered "sexy".

FTR, I'm in support of Josh Allen, I just don't think he'll be starter week one barring something calamitous.

from NewyorkUpstate.com

On Thursday's OTA's:

Peterman on fire

"Nathan Peterman took the bulk of the reps with the first-team offense on Thursday and thrived in doing so. He completed 17 of his 21 passes during team drills and looked particularly impressive during the two-minute drill portion of practice. Three of his completions went to Brandon Reilly on Thursday and another three went to Jeremy Kerley. Peterman seemed to be much more decisive with the football than we've seen him in the past".  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:
from NewyorkUpstate.com

On Thursday's OTA's:

Peterman on fire

"Nathan Peterman took the bulk of the reps with the first-team offense on Thursday and thrived in doing so. He completed 17 of his 21 passes during team drills and looked particularly impressive during the two-minute drill portion of practice. Three of his completions went to Brandon Reilly on Thursday and another three went to Jeremy Kerley. Peterman seemed to be much more decisive with the football than we've seen him in the past".  

I wonder how much of him being "more decisive" has to do with his reported work in the off-season on his arm strength? The ball could be getting there faster simply because his noodle arm is more al dente than last year. We have seen a few positive reports on Peterman but I hadn't seen anything in particular about his arm strength. We may have to wait until the TBD camp reports to really know.

4 hours ago, BurpleBull said:
from NewyorkUpstate.com

On Thursday's OTA's:

Peterman on fire

The “ Legend” doing what he does!!!!

Week 1 Starter

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

I wonder how much of him being "more decisive" has to do with his reported work in the off-season on his arm strength? The ball could be getting there faster simply because his noodle arm is more al dente than last year. We have seen a few positive reports on Peterman but I hadn't seen anything in particular about his arm strength. We may have to wait until the TBD camp reports to really know.

Improving arm strength is one of those things that I think of as optional for NFL QB's and some don't even think it's attainable, you're either born with it or you're born without it being the thinking. 

It's awesome that Peterman cited it as something to improve on, because it shows that he's mapped out his flaws, with that said, outside of Peterman, it's more the fans who would suggest that he needs to improve his arm strength to make a significant jump as a QB whether true or not. 

I doubt we'd get any reports on a stronger armed Peterman even if he made good on his efforts.

On 5/25/2018 at 8:10 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

No, it’s definitely not. I’d be happy to make a friendly wager, you take Peterman, I get Allen and it’s a push if McCarron starts. You name the stakes...

First day of mandatory minicamp.

More and more it's looking and sounding like a two-man battle between McCarron and Peterman as I suggested with Allen being brought along slowly.

Still there?

3 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

More and more it's looking and sounding like a two-man battle between McCarron and Peterman as I suggested with Allen being brought along slowly.

Still there?

Ha ha ha, yeah. By the way are you still quoting yourself? If you think that the Bills are eliminating the 7th overall pick from consideration, at MINICAMP, because of Peterman and McCarron, you are crazy. 

On 6/2/2018 at 12:41 AM, ScottLaw said:

If Peterman was on any other team Bills fans would be laughing their asses off at that team if he started Week 1. 

I will be laughing my ass off at the Bills too...... because the only alternative is crying.  

12 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Still there?

Peterman might not even be on the team come week 1.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I will be laughing my ass off at the Bills too...... because the only alternative is crying.  

GB, what are your thoughts on McCarron? I don’t know if I remember reading your opinion on him at any point. To me, he has a chance to be a reliable backup that can give you a few weeks if needed. He feels a little “Brian Hoyerish.” McCarron is a nice addition for the price, but probably not a starter in this league. 

Actually, after reading through this thread, I am HOPING Nate Peterman is the Bills starting QB day one!

It would be worth it just to see all the heads explode around here. giphy.gif

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

GB, what are your thoughts on McCarron? I don’t know if I remember reading your opinion on him at any point. To me, he has a chance to be a reliable backup that can give you a few weeks if needed. He feels a little “Brian Hoyerish.” McCarron is a nice addition for the price, but probably not a starter in this league. 

He is someone I really have not seen a lot of. I have been intending to go back to each of the games he started in Cincy but haven't got around to it yet. I'm away on vacation next week so might download them for by the pool. But on the basis of what I have seen my view is similar to yours. In that Brian Hoyer camp - somewhere between 25th and 35th best Quarterback in the NFL, one of the best backups but a low end starter. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha ha, yeah. By the way are you still quoting yourself? If you think that the Bills are eliminating the 7th overall pick from consideration, at MINICAMP, because of Peterman and McCarron, you are crazy. 

Lol. Where did I quote myself?

Daboll and McDermott seem to have had a plan for bringing Allen along when they drafted himand it doesn't seem as though they will deviate from it simply due to where Allen was selected.

That may be what some fans want, but this new regime isn't easily moved, are disciplined, and will remain steadfast in their approach unless something truly amazing takes place.

I haven't gone as far as to say they are eliminating Josh Allen from the competition but he will have to wow them by doing more than ripping passes to have them reverse course and ditch their plan to bring him along slowly in order to give him the time necessary to work on the fundamentals necessary to play QB in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Lol. Where did I quote myself?

Daboll and McDermott seem to have had a plan for bringing Allen along when they drafted himand it doesn't seem as though they will deviate from it simply due to where Allen was selected.

That may be what some fans want, but this new regime isn't easily moved, are disciplined, and will remain steadfast in their approach unless something truly amazing takes place.

I haven't gone as far as to say they are eliminating Josh Allen from the competition but he will have to wow them by doing more than ripping passes to have them reverse course and ditch their plan to bring him along slowly in order to give him the time necessary to work on the fundamentals necessary to play QB in the NFL.

That whole 1st day of minicamp tea leaf reading was from you or someone there? 

They said that they had a plan and not once have they indicated that he wouldn’t start early. The Browns went on record. The Bills never said anything but “it’s a competition.”  You and I clearly read that differently. If you get through the BS they are saying “as soon as we think Allen is ready we hand him the keys.” Now, that may not be day one but the rep count at minicamp couldn’t possibly be less relevant. He’s not the one that needs to “wow.” He already did “wow” which is why they traded up to get him. He just needs to show that he is ready. 

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Peterman might not even be on the team come week 1.

You could say the same thing about Shaq Lawson just as you could say the same for Austin Proehl. 

Peterman is in the same tier as Shaq Lawson in terms of relevance, so it is unlikely and would come as a surprise if he weren't on the team come week one.

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

You could say the same thing about Shaq Lawson just as you could say the same for Austin Proehl. 

Peterman is in the same tier as Shaq Lawson in terms of relevance, so it is unlikely and would come as a surprise if he weren't on the team come week one.

Wrong.  If the Bills let Shaq Lawson go now, they would accelerate additional dead cap by another $3.2 million (counting $6.0 million instead of $2.8 million).  There's now reason to let a high draft pick go at this point that actually showed potential in games last season.  On the flip side, Peterman is basically playing on a league minimum contract for $600K and the team saves $400K by letting him go.  Apples and oranges in terms of relevance.