Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

43 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

I know, I know, there will be haters on me for this thread, but someone has to take the opposite view to

someone predicting he will be the #1 QB starting the season.

Please, please let us hope not.

Is anyone forgetting he was passed over more than 100 times in the draft, and Tom Bradys do not grow on trees.

I don't know what NFL records he holds in the league for his performance in 2017, but I remember him starting the

year with picks, and closing out the season against the Jags with a pick.

To answer my own question, maybe McD likes him, maybe he has shown improvement throwing to pee wees

over the winter, maybe, maybe, maybe. We all better hope he is not QB#1 against the Ravens, and that is my

opinion.

No..nobody has to do that. But if you feel that you need to do that, then perhaps it should have been in that thread...

What a lot of other people have already said.  The Bills don't know what they have in McCarron, Allen, or Peterman.  They won't really know much until they get into the preseason games.  Worst case for Peterman, he gets cut before the start of the season.  Best case, IMO, is that he backs up whomever is the starter.  As a team, you don't go out into the free agent market and sign a guy and then follow that up with moving up in the draft for a QB if you think that the guy that was already on your roster is the starter.  Right now, all of the QB's are getting throws with first team offense, but McCarron is getting the lion's share.  That should tell us something. 

22 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Because McD borrowed $50K from, and this is the only was he can get it bac?

edit: borrowed $50K from him

edit: back?

I really am annoyed

It's sad when really bad things happen to bad sentences.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

We do not know this for sure. I remember people saying the same thing when Manuel started a couple games, and again when Peterman started last year. If Peterman or McCarron had a $16 million cap hit do you think we could get a high 3rd round pick for them??

If Peterman and/or McCarron had a $16 million cap hit the front office should be charged with criminal malfeasance and negligence. ?

50 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

I know, I know, there will be haters on me for this thread, but someone has to take the opposite view to

Is anyone forgetting he was passed over more than 100 times in the draft, and Tom Bradys do not grow on trees.

I don't know what NFL records he holds in the league for his performance in 2017, but I remember him starting the

To answer my own question, maybe McD likes him, maybe he has shown improvement throwing to pee wees

over the winter, maybe, maybe, maybe. We all better hope he is not QB#1 against the Ravens, and that is my

opinion.

And what happened in between is a blur?  Don't you think you're being a bit simplistic in evaluating Peterman?  

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

opinion.

Because last year was his rookie fricken season

Because we need plenty of camp arms

Because Josh Allen has not taken one NFL snap yet under fire

Because the other option has 3 NFL live games under his belt

???????

How else do you evaluate QBs or anyone else on the team except by past performances,

meaning game action, (not looking good or bad during practice),

and if you forget he has already been evaluated as a 5th round pick, not a 1st rounder.

Is every team in the league wrong about this guy and the Bills are right?

And maybe someone can explain to me why my thread that is the opposite of this one, was

merged into this one.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

If Peterman and/or McCarron had a $16 million cap hit the front office should be charged with criminal malfeasance and negligence. ?

Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker say hi.

I love that there is a 10 page thread about a guy who will be on our PS at best this year.  LMAO...starter?  hahaha some people fell for some serious troll bait here.  

6 Interceptions in less than 3 quarters of NFL play.  But the preseason right...?  You mean the preseason where he completed just 50% of his passes against 3rd stringers and dudes not in the NFL?  Lol.  I like the kid, but come on, how can anyone actually believe he has a real shot to win the job here?  

Seriously, I mean the kid makes a COUPLE throws in preseason that people felt TT didn't make enough of, and all of a sudden he's put on this pedestal despite what he showed on the field.