Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

52 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'll be worried if he can't beat Peterman lol

True great players have had shaky starts. But just from the tape last year he looks like Alex Smith at best. And I'm saying that if we ignore the chargers game.

Are you talking Alex Smith as a #1 draft pick who made the "Top 5 QB Busts of All Time" list after his first 3 or 4 seasons?

Or Alex Smith the Redskins just traded and paid the Big Bucks for?

It's crazy that anyone could imagine Peterman starting over McCarron, given a) how highly drafted McCarron was, b) the great success he's had in the NFL, and c) the number of teams we had to outbid for his services.  And I'm not even getting into d) his poor taste in women.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wily Dog said:

I cannot believe the narrow mindless of some Bills fans and i say fans with some disbelief. The TRUE Bills fan would want Peterman ,McCarron and Allen to  in a  contest for the starting job whereby there is a high level of progress for each one  and the coaches have trouble determining who is going to start. That said , i believe Peterman , if he beats out McCarron,, will start game one and McCarron will be traded. Allen will come in when he is ready..

Welp now.  Just goes to show how your mileage may vary.

Since we traded up 2x and invested all the draft capitol that went into Rd 1 Pick #7 in Allen, I would personally think the TRUE Bills fan would want the lions share of the training camp reps to be devoted to developing our hoped-for franchise guy.  

Pre-season is not regular season.  Every player says the intensity, the speed of the game, the complexity of the defenses, all get dialed up.  That is the basis of the phrase "Preseason warrior".   There is No Way any coach worth his salt is going to trade the most NFL game-experienced player on the roster even if Peterman just glitters in preseason - because all that glitters in preseason does NOT turn out to be gold!

10 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:
10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There was no reason to make any judgment regarding his readiness after leading the team to a TD down 47-3.   The Saints couldn't have cared any less. 

You are totally missing my point.  Of course, he came in after TT lost the game but he got good experience.  It is one way to ease an

inexperienced player into the NFL.  He was the only positive to a horrible game.  I am no Nate Peterman "homer" at all, but I think he was

not handled well last year.

This is one reason I question some who believe that the "stats" of this year's preseason games will mean much at all.

It may come to pass that fans will be "clamoring" to start Allen (maybe way before he is ready) because he did well in the 2nd half

of a couple of preseason games.  Remember, the coaches probably want to have their decision by the start of the 3rd preseason game dress rehearsal.

What the Nate Haters keep forgetting...   We only saw Nate start because of how poorly TT had been playing and producing.  the NO game was possibly a key factor 

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m just not of the belief that NP is a part of the decision. Allen is playing as soon as the Bills think he’s ready. That’s the worst kept secret. McCarron is here to be the placeholder and a backup. He can handle that role. 

This is bordering on the Captain Obvious ledge Kirby.   

The issue at hand is when will he be ready?  

19 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What the Nate Haters keep forgetting...   We only saw Nate start because of how poorly TT had been playing and producing.  the NO game was possibly a key factor 

This is bordering on the Captain Obvious ledge Kirby.   

The issue at hand is when will he be ready?  

I guess that the point that I was making was sooner than I thought. It just seems like the Bills want him out there now. Cleveland this year, and KC last year were pretty forthcoming about their plans to give the QB time. The Bills have elected a different route. Either of them can work but it’s different than what I anticipated with Allen. 

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess that the point that I was making was sooner than I thought. It just seems like the Bills want him out there now. Cleveland this year, and KC last year were pretty forthcoming about their plans to give the QB time. The Bills have elected a different route. Either of them can work but it’s different than what I anticipated with Allen. 

The thing Allen is lacking most is experience against a high level of competition.

13 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

There needs to be some type of Breathalyzer device implemented before posting threads on the message board.

Peterman is fighting for a roster spot. I was okay with him starting since the offense was wet dog **** with Tyrod in there. But, I've seen enough of Peterman. We have McCarron and Allen who both are relatively young. 

I disagree with the statement that we've seen enough from Nathan. He was a rookie last year and, yes, he struggled badly. That being said....are you going to give up on Josh Allen if he has a bad game or two during his first few years? 

5 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

I disagree with the statement that we've seen enough from Nathan. He was a rookie last year and, yes, he struggled badly. That being said....are you going to give up on Josh Allen if he has a bad game or two during his first few years? 

Was Josh Allen the 191st player selected?

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why do people believe in Peterman? It’s an honest question? He was historically bad and was a 5th round pick for a reason. People hated Fitz, Orton, and Tyrod who were all decent and swear by Peterman. It is so strange. We are the only fan base in the world that prefers scrubs to decent. That is unique to Bills fans. 

I think it may be that fans are looking for some parallel between Peterman and Brady.  A QB who was somewhat well regarded as a passer and a gamer but was passed over until the later rounds of the draft.  Basically hoping to strike gold in the 5th round.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's an interesting question.

I looked back at 'Cog's twitter, and he never tweeted that.

He retweeted something Vic Carruci tweeted after interviewing him.

So to me, it was different than the rest of the twit-fest he pulled back in April.

If it was a tantrum, he sucked a respected journalist into it, then SI picked it up

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/10/bills-richie-incognito-announces-retirement-twitter

I would certainly think that any team offering Incognito a contract would want to be thoroughly reassured on those points.

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Was Josh Allen the 191st player selected?

Once a player is in the NFL I couldn't care less when they were drafted. And it is very possible Allen has a meltdown game if we start him too early. He threw 5 interceptions against Nebraska in 2016. He suffers from some of the same panicky problems that led to Peterman's meltdown game. So it's fair to wonder how many horrible games will you let him have before giving up on him?

14 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Nathan Peterman will win the starting QB position barring injury. He'll be much improved from last season.

Excited about Josh Allen as the starting QB, but Peterman is the guy people aren't talking about right now who will have everyone talking by the end of training camp.

He's worked on his mechanics, is said to have added velocity to his throws, has a lot to prove and is no stranger to struggling early in his career and picking himself up.

A little talked about fact concerning Peterman is that he's right up there with Allen as Bills QB's who've scored high on the Wonderlic test for those who equate the test to mental sharpness.

I still hold to the belief that Peterman was at the very least a third round prospect in his draft class.

Peterman will be the guy.

So this is how I have it panning out... 

1. Peterman

2. McCarron

3. Allen

With Allen at three for his protection as he starts out his young career.

Your joking right? 

thAI26DHVE.jpg

We have no way of knowing who will be starting. Peterman has been working on his velocity and who knows how hard he is working out. Peterman could also be putting in a ton of time into film study and playbook study. I will never put limits on how much a person can improve, if Peterman is putting in the time who know what could happen.

12 hours ago, Steptide said:

I've stated here many times that I'm a Peterman fan. While I dont know if he's ready to be the starter, I do think he's gonna impress people this year. He's the only qb we have that has any experience with our current offense. McCarron might be good, he also might be terrible. As crazy as it sounds, Peterman is the most proven qb we have on our roster currently. Yes, 5 interceptions I know, but let's let by gones be by gones. Either way, I just want the best qb starting 

You mean the one with a totally new offensive coordinator?