Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I am no Nate Peterman "homer" at all, but I think he was

not handled well last year.

Yup. And I think it's a big reason why Dennison was fired. If they thought Peterman had no chance of making the team they wouldn't have waited until every QB signed to get McCarron.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yup. And I think it's a big reason why Dennison was fired. If they thought Peterman had no chance of making the team they wouldn't have waited until every QB signed to get McCarron.

It's funny how polarized the opinions of Nate Dogg are. I actually think he has potential to be a Fitzpatrick type QB. Could he win the gig for a year? I think for sure he has that potential. When Josh Allen hits his stride though he will be the Bills QB for a long time. His talent level is just so much higher than these other QB's. Elite QB athleticism doesn't even do him justice. He is finally our replacement for Kelly. We just need to develop him correctly. Where is the USFL when you need it?

Edited by Lenigmusx

4 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

It's funny how polarized the opinions of Nate Dogg are. I actually think he has potential to be a Fitzpatrick type QB. Could he win the gig for a year? I think for sure he has that potential. When Josh Allen hits his stride though he will be the Bills QB for a long time. His talent level is just so much higher than these other QB's. Elite QB athleticism doesn't even do him justice. He is finally our replacement for Kelly. We just need to develop him correctly. Where is the USFL when you need it?

There is always a chance he could.  Seems to me more likely that McDermott and Beane would want to know if Peterman can become the

long term backup to Allen in the way of Frank Reich.  If Josh Allen is starting in 2019 then McCarron no doubt would want to be traded.

• Like (+1) 3

I've stated here many times that I'm a Peterman fan. While I dont know if he's ready to be the starter, I do think he's gonna impress people this year. He's the only qb we have that has any experience with our current offense. McCarron might be good, he also might be terrible. As crazy as it sounds, Peterman is the most proven qb we have on our roster currently. Yes, 5 interceptions I know, but let's let by gones be by gones. Either way, I just want the best qb starting 

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've stated here many times that I'm a Peterman fan. While I dont know if he's ready to be the starter, I do think he's gonna impress people this year. He's the only qb we have that has any experience with our current offense. McCarron might be good, he also might be terrible. As crazy as it sounds, Peterman is the most proven qb we have on our roster currently. Yes, 5 interceptions I know, but let's let by gones be by gones. Either way, I just want the best qb starting 

It's a new offense under Daboll, so he simply doesn't as a matter of fact.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

There is always a chance he could.  Seems to me more likely that McDermott and Beane would want to know if Peterman can become the

long term backup to Allen in the way of Frank Reich.  If Josh Allen is starting in 2019 then McCarron no doubt would want to be traded.

I can get on board with him being like Frank Reich. Just as long as he is not Joe Dufek lmao

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Nathan Peterman will win the starting QB position barring injury. He'll be much improved from last season.

Excited about Josh Allen as the starting QB, but Peterman is the guy people aren't talking about right now who will have everyone talking by the end of training camp.

He's worked on his mechanics, is said to have added velocity to his throws, has a lot to prove and is no stranger to struggling early in his career and picking himself up.

A little talked about fact concerning Peterman is that he's right up there with Allen as Bills QB's who've scored high on the Wonderlic test for those who equate the test to mental sharpness.

I still hold to the belief that Peterman was at the very least a third round prospect in his draft class.

Peterman will be the guy.

So this is how I have it panning out... 

1. Peterman

2. McCarron

3. Allen

With Allen at three for his protection as he starts out his young career.

No way he beats out Mccarron imo...I like Peterman and not a huge Allen fan but of course as a Bills fan he will have my full support. But I believe Mccarron will lockthe starting job down unless McDermott says !@#$ it and goes with Allen...i do not believe Peterman will out perform Mccarron though 

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Nathan Peterman will win the starting QB position barring injury. He'll be much improved from last season.

Excited about Josh Allen as the starting QB, but Peterman is the guy people aren't talking about right now who will have everyone talking by the end of training camp.

He's worked on his mechanics, is said to have added velocity to his throws, has a lot to prove and is no stranger to struggling early in his career and picking himself up.

A little talked about fact concerning Peterman is that he's right up there with Allen as Bills QB's who've scored high on the Wonderlic test for those who equate the test to mental sharpness.

I still hold to the belief that Peterman was at the very least a third round prospect in his draft class.

Peterman will be the guy.

So this is how I have it panning out... 

1. Peterman

2. McCarron

3. Allen

With Allen at three for his protection as he starts out his young career.

Why would they tank this year? 

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

It'll be tough for Nate to beat AJ for the starting job unless AJ gets hurt IMO, but I do think Nate will be a starter in the league at some point in his career, not likely in Buffalo though.  Obviously the SD game last year will be hard to overcome in the minds of many including the coaches.  He'll have to have some period of sustained improvement before people will have confidence in him and if you don't play it's hard to demonstrate that, but I think he'll get his chance somewhere at some point. 

Josh waiting a year is not a bad thing. 

I don't think that game weighs as heavily for coaches as it does fans.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why do people believe in Peterman? It’s an honest question? He was historically bad and was a 5th round pick for a reason. People hated Fitz, Orton, and Tyrod who were all decent and swear by Peterman. It is so strange. We are the only fan base in the world that prefers scrubs to decent. That is unique to Bills fans. 

It's not that I believe in Peterman, but I think McD genuinely does. I don't understand why but we also gave carries to Tolbert. McD goes out of his way to mention the guy. 

If for some reason NP has worked on his arm strength he could be a decent backup long term. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

No way he beats out Mccarron imo...I like Peterman and not a huge Allen fan but of course as a Bills fan he will have my full support. But I believe Mccarron will lockthe starting job down unless McDermott says !@#$ it and goes with Allen...i do not believe Peterman will out perform Mccarron though 

I think that there's a very solid chance that Peterman is better than McCarron.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I think that there's a very solid chance that Peterman is better than McCarron.

Only time will tell...AJ is overlooked a lot because he sat behind Dalton but he was never given a chance to be the starter it was hands down Daltons job. I believe AJM is gonna surprise a lot of people

I agree with Burple. 

Peterman is the surprise of camp and wins the job outright.

Just as his first college start was a disaster and he came back to become a good player for Pitt, so too will he come back from his disastrous first NFL start and become a quality NFL quarterback.

So it is written, so it shall be. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1