Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Important distinction is children and parents were detained together (except in rare cases of suspected trafficking) in 2014 as hope of a deterrent.  The courts then ruled children couldn't be detained after public outrage over that policy.  So, they were basically released until their court date following that until Trump changed the policy.

Most Important Distinction:  I don't remember any public outrage in 2014 like there is now.  I don't remember this 2014 story at all. Illegal immigrants, including children, were caged under President Obama.   Wasn't Obama caging illegal immigrants, including children, intentionally "kept quiet"?

:oops:

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Important distinction is children and parents were detained together (except in rare cases of suspected trafficking) in 2014 as hope of a deterrent.  The courts then ruled children couldn't be detained after public outrage over that policy.  So, they were basically released until their court date following that until Trump changed the policy.

The court date that never comes to pass.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Doc, this Los Angeles Times article from June 18th, 2014 completely refutes your assessment. Who's wrong -- you or the LA Times?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-texas-immigrant-children-20140618-story.html 

3 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Doc, this Los Angeles Times article from June 18th, 2014 completely refutes your assessment. Who's wrong -- you or the LA Times?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-texas-immigrant-children-20140618-story.html 

Democrats look absolutely stupid right now.  They have egg all over their faces.  Complete hypocrites.  Obama handled illegal immigrants, including children, just like Trump did.

Complete backfire!

:oops:

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Actually, it doesn't.  It specifically says the majority are unaccompanied minors.  And even has a mention of a teenage mother and baby incarcerated together.

Edit: Although here's a notable story on "Obama" separating families: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/oct/15/immigration-boy-reform-obama-deportations-families-separated  And another one: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/parents-deportation_n_5531552.html  And another: https://fairimmigration.org/press/president-obama-must-stop-family-separation-crisis

Again, we're being manipulated in to caring now.  

Edited by DC Tom

44 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

That story is about unaccompanied minors crossing the border and has nothing to do with separating families.  I don't read the LA Times enough to have an opinion of them.

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Actually, it doesn't.  It specifically says the majority are unaccompanied minors.  And even has a mention of a teenage mother and baby incarcerated together.

Where does it specifically state that the children held at this facility were unaccompanied? Exact quote, please. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That story is about unaccompanied minors crossing the border and has nothing to do with separating families.  I don't read the LA Times enough to have an opinion of them.

Same question I asked DCTom.

Edited by Golden Goat

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I've seen enough to think they're 1) pretty crappy, and 2) rather left-leaning.  Not as much as the NYT recently, but only because the NYT has become seriously pathetic.

1 minute ago, Golden Goat said:

Where does it specifically state that the children held at this facility were unaccompanied? Exact quote, please. 

They become unaccompanied after they are separated from their adult parents/relatives/smugglers.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

As I recall at the time there was an enormous influx of unaccompanied minors crossing the border. There were stories all over the place about this. They were shipped out all over the country.

Just now, keepthefaith said:

They become unaccompanied after they are separated from their adult parents/relatives/smugglers.

It's a poorly written article, but it was about unaccompanied minors crossing the border. 

Since October, 47,000 children have been caught crossing the southern border without parents or other family members, a more than 90% increase from last year, federal officials said. The number of unaccompanied children caught could reach 90,000 this year.

3 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Which facility?   Brownsville or Nogales?  

You didn't actually read the article, did you?  The WHOLE THING is about unaccompanied minors at multiple sites.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

As I recall at the time there was an enormous influx of unaccompanied minors crossing the border. There were stories all over the place about this. They were shipped out all over the country.

They were.  The one's that weren't were suspected gang members if I remember correctly.

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Interestingly, the article specifically says that the children "were urged to migrate illegally now by family members, smugglers and religious leaders who believed they would be allowed to stay legally."

Yeah, absolutely no trafficking there.

I knew you couldn't.

Yeah, Doc did instead.  He was more optimistic; I knew it wouldn't make the slightest difference to your obtuseness and ignorance.

Hell, I gave you three examples that better made your point.  And you're still choosing to double-down on stupid.  

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Interestingly, the article specifically says that the children "were urged to migrate illegally now by family members, smugglers and religious leaders who believed they would be allowed to stay legally."

Yeah, Doc did instead.  He was more optimistic; I knew it wouldn't make the slightest difference to your obtuseness and ignorance.

Hell, I gave you three examples that better made your point.  And you're still choosing to double-down on stupid.  

Tom, I know your type. When you lose a point, you get angry and bash people. It's likely because -- in reality -- you're 4'10 and in a "female-led" relationship, with this being your only outlet to show your "manhood." I'm close, aren't I? You're probably shaking, and now I have you triggered for the whole night. Bliss! :D 

Tom, I know your type. When you lose a point, you get angry and bash people. It's likely because -- in reality -- you're 4'10 and in a "female-led" relationship, with this being your only outlet to show your "manhood." I'm close, aren't I? You're probably shaking, and now I have you triggered for the whole night. Bliss! :D 

I'm not angry.  Why would I be angry?  You're wrong, and ANYONE who can read knows it. 

I'm not calling you an ignorant moron because I'm angry.  I'm calling you an ignorant moron because you've just shown that trying to engage you is a waste of time.  

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, the smugglers/traffickers know the rules.  If unaccompanied minors get admitted, that's who shows up at the border.  If the practice changes and adults with children are then admitted, then that's what the border patrol sees.  If those loopholes are closed but then anyone with a dog is permitted, we're gonna see packs of people with a dog and the animal rights people will be screaming if the dogs are separated from their "owners".   

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2