Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Trump Moves to Obama’s Position on Family Detention, Democrats Still Outraged

Is a policy ‘child abuse’ simply because Trump is executing it?

Given that the courts determined Trump couldn't issue a travel ban, and limited the administration's prosecutorial discretion because "he's racist..." yeah, I'd say there's sufficient precedent to call it child abuse because it's Trump.

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The choice is simple:

Use the port of entry (which aren't difficult to reach or find - and are just a few miles away from where most of the illegal southern border crossings happen) and you can stay with your family, avoid prosecution, and begin the process of seeking asylum. 

Or,

Cross the border illegally, putting yourself and your family at more risk than needed, and expose yourself and your family to prosecution, separation, and deportation. 

:doh:

November can't get here fast enough.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Hey, my only point on the mention of the tail light crap was to say that many were deported for minor offenses.  Do you think that's not true?

A internet search turns up many articles about it.  For example:

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2016/09/26/who-is-ice-deporting

Even CNN says so (from 2014):

https://www.cnn.com/2014/04/08/opinion/kohn-immigration-deportations/index.html

You knucklehead.

The very fact they're HERE makes them criminals. They've violated immigration law.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because partisanship trumps logic when emotions are manipulated. 

It's over for the American people.  If you agree with a law, anybody who breaks it must be punished.  If you disagree with a law, you should be able to break it without consequences because it's Hitler.  

We lose.  I submit to our Chinese overlords.  Praise Mao.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You knucklehead.

The very fact they're HERE makes them criminals. They've violated immigration law.

i realize that. You don't have to call me a knucklehead though.

poor wording. I meant that's how they came to the attention of police and were indeed deported.  

This is one of the things people are griping about now that they didn't care about a few years ago  was my point. My point was really about hypocrisy.

In my state,our governor who I Suspect  will run for prez next time "found out" that police in the stAte were notifying ICE when they picked up someone they suspected as not being a  citizen.  He was livid an ordered it stopped.

First off, how did he not know this? I knew it was going on. It had been going on for years.

Which brings me to another bit of disingenuous and hypocrisy.

Politicians love to say "we are a nation of laws. We must hold them accountable."  They love to say this about Hillary or Trump.   Unless it's a law they don't like or can make political hay from. Then play it up until after the election.

It's an issue that may never get solved much less addressed. It's a great campaign issue for both sides. And their donors don't want to do anything about it. It's cheap lsbor.  America was built on cheap labor.  Follow the money.

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

i realize that. You don't have to call me a knucklehead though.

poor wording. I meant that's how they came to the attention of police and were indeed deported.  

This is one of the things people are griping about now that they didn't care about a few years ago  was my point. My point was really about hypocrisy.

In my state,our governor who I Suspect  will run for prez next time "found out" that police in the stAte were notifying ICE when they picked up someone they suspected as not being a  citizen.  He was livid an ordered it stopped.

First off, how did he not know this? I knew it was going on. It had been going on for years.

Which brings me to another bit of disingenuous and hypocrisy.

Politicians love to say "we are a nation of laws. We must hold them accountable."  They love to say this about Hillary or Trump.   Unless it's a law they don't like or can make political hay from. Then play it up until after the election.

It's an issue that may never get solved much less addressed. It's a great campaign issue for both sides. And their donors don't want to do anything about it. It's cheap lsbor.  America was built on cheap labor.  Follow the money.

You don’t need to tell me to follow the money. I support a $50000 fine per violation. We need to bankrupt the people who employ these illegals.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Worse...we've got legislators saying "We are a nation of laws," who actively campaign for the executive to not enforce and even break those laws, instead of...y'know...legislating.

The problem isn't the White House.  It's the !@#$s in Congress.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:29 PM, ALF said:

Cost of detaining migrant kids higher than keeping them with families

By Bob Fredericks June 20, 2018

The cost of holding migrant children who have been separated from their parents in “tent cities” is $775 per person per night — far more expensive than keeping kids with their parents in detention centers, a new report said Wednesday.

The reason for the higher cost to taxpayers, according to an official at the Department of Health and Human Services, is that the need to arrange for security, bring in air conditioning, medical workers and other government contractors is much higher than the costs for existing facilities that are already staffed, NBC News reported.

It costs $256 per night to hold kids in permanent HHS facilities like Casa Padre in Brownsville, Texas.

Keeping them with their parents in detention centers like the one run by ICE in Dilley, Texas, cost $298 per person per night, according to an agency estimate when it awarded the contract for the facility in 2014, the network reported.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/cost-of-detaining-migrant-kids-more-expensive-than-keeping-them-with-families/

This^

On 6/20/2018 at 8:48 PM, B-Man said:

TROLL LEVELGRANDMASTER.

This^

On 6/20/2018 at 6:20 PM, Golden Goat said:

Agreed. Why didn't Obama do it?

Same photos published in the Los Angeles Times in 2014.

Do you ever win a point? ?

imbe.jpg

Important distinction is children and parents were detained together (except in rare cases of suspected trafficking) in 2014 as hope of a deterrent.  The courts then ruled children couldn't be detained after public outrage over that policy.  So, they were basically released until their court date following that until Trump changed the policy.