Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Right.  No one cared because it was Barry and they were all convinced they were on the right side of history.  That's the same point.

No. No one cared when it was Bush either. Although many Bushes and Bush cronies are complaining now.

Stop looking for something to make false claims about and put on your listening ears.   I voted for Barack for cryin' out loud.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Barack, but that not my point. Sorry if I did not state it very well.

I just find it a little disingenuous and hypocritical that people are so upset about this breaking families up business.  Since 2000, the USA has deported over 5,000,000 people.  Some for being pulled over for a burned out tail light.  How many families were broken up in the process? I think a safe guess would be millions.  Yet during this whole time, nary a peep from anybody about that. Those detention centers didn't just spring up over night.

I do not intend this as a BO screed, just an all presidents this century and their sheep screed.

Broken tail lights huh?  There haven't been any other issues?

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

What are you struggling to understand.

You said it "was Barry" and no one cared. Reddogblitz said it was '  Since 2000, the USA has deported over 5,000,000 people" ...

then you said " No.  The people who weren't " aware, didn't care. The people who were aware but liked the guy in office, didn't care."

I just dont follow..please explain..we talking Bush, Obama? just explain WTF you mean

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Broken tail lights huh?  There haven't been any other issues?

so now we shifting the argument again?

Edited by plenzmd1

But the kids are paying for the parents crimes into entering the border illegally. And in the process if they want to be in the USA. Then become citizens first and foremost and not have a criminal record. In order to work and provide for a family.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Huh?  Pointing out that something is insanely stupid isn't shifting an argument.  It's dismissing one.

his argument was not about a taillight..it was deportations since 2000 have totaled 5M( i have no ide if that number accurate)and that most likely families have been separated in the same numbers as today...by presidents on both sides of the aisle. He was AGREEING with you that the outrage seems misplaced and only because of fo Trump. Damn, do you folks not read? only react? Same as LA and the unemployment graph.. 

Dont shift the argument..please read peoples responses before reacting.

I have yet to get a response about my main questions...only rips for being anti-Trump. As I mentioned, and as I think reddog actually intends, I  think it faux outrage too. But i also think Trump and his admin lied to the skies that is was DEM law and NOTHING they could do about it. They just did. So which was it...they were dumb or they lied

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

his argument was not about a taillight..it was deportations since 2000 have totaled 5M( i have no ide if that number accurate)and that most likely families have been separated in the same numbers as today...by presidents on both sides of the aisle. He was AGREEING with you that the outrage seems misplaced and only because of fo Trump. Damn, do you folks not read? only react? Same as LA and the unemployment graph.. 

I have yet to get a response about my main questions...only rips for being anti-Trump. As I mentioned, and as I think reddog actually intends, I  think it faux outrage too. But i also think Trump and his admin lied to the skies that is was DEM law and NOTHING they could do about it. They just did. So which was it...they were dumb or they lied

This was my answer to your prior post:

The administration has claimed all along that it was the dems problem because they wouldn't do anything to fix it, not that it was a democrat law. Trump knew before he signed the EO that it wouldn't stand up in court but figured that at least he would get credit for trying to fix things and the dems would now get the blame. Also the House is voting on 2 different immigration bills tomorrow and they are very unlikely to pass. This will appear as just more dem obstruction.

39 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The answer to your original question is that Trump etc. would have been correct if they added the word "legally" to the phrase "nothing can be done".  

That is unless they intended to let any group of people enter the country after 20 days if they have a child in tow.  

I don't think that is their desire but it is the desire of the left, the press, the Chamber of Commerce, and egg farmers in Ohio.  Those folks just won.  We will see if it is a temporary victory.

Dogblitz is all over the place and hard to follow and the tail light crap is a red hair ring for sure.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

do you deny the fact that Trump/Sessions/Nielson/ Sanders all said nothing they could do..this was not Trump policy, it was a Democratic law and NOTHING Trump could do would change that. They either lied, or they did not understand the law. It is a yes or no question is it not?

No, I said as much in my response. There are politics at play on both sides. 

I was expounding on the principle behind the stance, and why it's sound in my opinion - especially if you want to reign in uncontrolled dictators. If that's the goal, and it should be/is the goal of the checks and balances system, then advocating for executive fiat to solve a legislative shouldn't be the answer. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Again, "cause Obama"..Lord is it impossible for you Trump supporters to not back Trump policies and Trump the man without saying "but Obama" . 

"But Obama..." is something you hear right-leaning people say, mostly for two reasons: (1) the left spent eight years defending Barry and suddenly are NOW outraged by a thin-skinned ego-fueled nutbag, and (2) Obama, and his trifecta of finger puppets known as Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and whomever was his COS at the time, like Rahm Emmamuel, shoved their policies up the ass of every person in this country in his first term.

The abortion that is Obamacare, the money-laundering Recovery Act, Cash for Clunkers, EPA regulations...all of it shoved up America's ass with grins and cries of 'racism!!!"

THAT is why you now have Trump -- a nutbag life-long Democrat -- as president. The middle of America said "Enough. No more." And they sure the help didn't want Hillary as Obama Term Three.

I understand Trump supporters are crazy. But to think the right owns the market on this crazy is simply ill-informed at best, flat-out lying at worst.

Obama and the left created Trump. No matter WHAT you want to tell yourself. It's how you won the popular vote and lose the election. America pushed back.

And the meltdown is picking up steam into year two.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

"But Obama..." is something you hear right-leaning people say, mostly for two reasons: (1) the left spent eight years defending Barry and suddenly are NOW outraged by a thin-skinned ego-fueled nutbag, and (2) Obama, and his trifecta of finger puppets known as Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and whomever was his COS at the time, like Rahm Emmamuel, shoved their policies up the ass of every person in this country in his first term.

The abortion that is Obamacare, the money-laundering Recovery Act, Cash for Clunkers, EPA regulations...all of it shoved up America's ass with grins and cries of 'racism!!!"

THAT is why you now have Trump -- a nutbag life-long Democrat -- as president. The middle of America said "Enough. No more." And they sure the help didn't want Hillary as Obama Term Three.

I understand Trump supporters are crazy. But to think the right owns the market on this crazy is simply ill-informed at best, flat-out lying at worst.

Obama and the left created Trump. No matter WHAT you want to tell yourself. It's how you won the popular vote and lose the election. America pushed back.

And the meltdown is picking up steam into year two.

75% true but you left out the GOP's role in creating Trump.  If he hadn't shaken up the primaries it would have been 7 on 1 to eliminate Cruz and then everyone falls in line behind Jeb.

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Again, "cause Obama"..Lord is it impossible for you Trump supporters to not back Trump policies and Trump the man without saying "but Obama" . Just form a cogent argument why the Trump administration said nothing could be done absent an act of Congress...and lo and behold we have an EO that does just that...and please form that argument without mentioning Obama

You claimed in your previous post the ACLU was already filing a lawsuit to block the EO...just for god's sake post a link from a reputable news organization that says as much. I would even take one from Trump State TV  Fox News.

Because Executive Orders are an unlawful bypass to the process of law-making in our Constitution and anything done by EO can just as easily be UNDONE.  

You will find very few posters on here that approve of EO's by any President. But they mostly blame Obama because he was the one who normalized the public opinion that the President can do anything with a pen and a phone.

It's up to the republicans in Congress now to pass a immigration bill. After Trump made the following tweet he burned any possible bridge for bipartisan cooperation.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 

Democrats are the problem. They don’t care about crime and want illegal immigrants, no matter how bad they may be, to pour into and infest our Country, like MS-13. They can’t win on their terrible policies, so they view them as potential voters!

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

It's up to the republicans in Congress now to pass a immigration bill. After Trump made the following tweet he burned any possible bridge for bipartisan cooperation.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 

Democrats are the problem. They don’t care about crime and want illegal immigrants, no matter how bad they may be, to pour into and infest our Country, like MS-13. They can’t win on their terrible policies, so they view them as potential voters!

:wacko:

You think there was any way at all that Democrats were interested in working with this President?  For a point of reference, the Senate Minority leader made, in the last few days, a statement that it was more important to oppose the President than to work for a solution.

And the President is the problem?

No, the President just made a brilliant political move and stole immigration from Democrats as an issue.

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

:wacko:

You think there was any way at all that Democrats were interested in working with this President?  For a point of reference, the Senate Minority leader made, in the last few days, a statement that it was more important to oppose the President than to work for a solution.

And the President is the problem?

No, the President just made a brilliant political move and stole immigration from Democrats as an issue.

Trump and the republican Congress now own immigration, it's all their's. 

15 minutes ago, ALF said:

Trump and the republican Congress now own immigration, it's all their's. 

Yep, they stole the issue, and are pinning the Democrats in on it.  The President's EO is going to be overturned in court, and all legislative pushes are going to stall without a single Democratic vote.  The President will be able to say that he is trying to unite families, and make humane reforms to immigration, and frame the Democrats as being willing to harm immigrants because they'd rather use Latinos for votes than help them.

This is very similar to how the President recently got the Democrats to come out in favor of MS-13, hurting their support, and strengthening his favorables.  He's brilliantly exposing the Democrats for what they are, and winning over the country in the process; and the louder the Democrats get, the better he looks being opposed by them.

He's winning, and so is America.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 3