Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Donald Trump haters say he lies all the time.

Donald Trump haters say he is a Nazi all the time.

Donald Trump haters say he is a racist all time.

Yada, yada, yada, bla, bla, bla.

Sooner or later it all falls on deaf ears. People who are not a Trump supporter, but are reasonable, are tired of hearing these things.

Trump is trying to fix this issue, but the Democrats have NO INTEREST in fixing anything with Trump. That is the big issue, not all the things Trump haters toss out there about Trump.

Tell the Democratic Party to wake up and stop playing politics before you Trump haters bash Trump.

This is all a mess because leftists would rather hate Trump than fix the immigration problem. FACT.

so in other words you cannot answer why the whole of the administration said NOTHING they could do, it was the law that Congress needed to change t now an EO did.

Either they dumb as mofo stumps, or they lied. There is no in between. So please tell me..was it a lie they had to follow this law failing Congressional action or did they not understand the law?

Y'all always revert back to "haters be haters. but Obama"..please form a response to why the 4 people I mentioned all said NOTHING could be done by the President, it was the law..but an EO changed the law?

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so in other words you cannot answer why the whole of the administration said NOTHING they could do, it was the law that Congress needed to change t now an EO did.

Either they dumb as mofo stumps, or they lied. There is no in between. So please tell me..was it a lie they had to follow this law failing Congressional action or did they not understand the law?

Y'all always revert back to "haters be haters. but Obama"..please form a response to why the 4 people I mentioned all said NOTHING could be done by the President, it was the law..but an EO changed the law?

An eo doesn’t change the law: it suspends enforcement of it. See: DACA

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The reason why many are upset, and the reason why this is still and issue is because the executive branch is not supposed to legislate with a pen and a phone. It's supposed to happen in Congress, where they have the power (the only ones who have the constitutional power) to create laws that will last beyond themselves and whoever sits in the Oval. 

The ACLU is already filing suit to get the EO overturned. That's because Congress will not take action. 

You're right this is political. It's always been political, by both sides. But one side is working to fix a problem through the means described in the constitution and the other is advocating for executive fiat. The irony is thick, especially when the side wishing to rule through executive order calls the other authoritarian fascists. 

do you deny the fact that Trump/Sessions/Nielson/ Sanders all said nothing they could do..this was not Trump policy, it was a Democratic law and NOTHING Trump could do would change that. They either lied, or they did not understand the law. It is a yes or no question is it not?

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

An eo doesn’t change the law: it suspends enforcement of it. See: DACA

so again, lets take that at face value and say that is true. Did the whole of the Trump administration not know they could do that? Cause for the last week all we heard was NOTHING could be done ...pick your poison..he/they were either lying or dumb as stumps

Edited by plenzmd1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Again, let me emphasize I despise Trump and will be thrilled when he is gone. Having said that, I actually understood his position on this issue.

But again, what bothers the hell out of me is the lying. Trump/Sessions/Nielson/Sanders all 100% insisting this was a Democratic law and ONLY Congress could step in and fix it. And there was nothing, emphasis NOTHING, that could be done outside of legislation from Congress. 

Shocking it did not take that..how could that be? Were they all just that dumb they did not know the law...or were they just feeding the American people more lies so Trump could get his damn wall.

I get how Trump supporters may like his policies, but how in the hell someone can support someone and his entire administration that just lies all the time is beyond me.

And please do not answer" but Obama"

What he did today usurped the law. Now what will happen is the left will try to e force the law saying kids can't be held for 20 days and force release into the US.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What he did today usurped the law. Now what will happen is the left will try to e force the law saying kids can't be held for 20 days and force release into the US.

yall are funny..so you are saying Trump has the ability to usurp the law now with no consequences? Could he suspend "innocent until proven guilty" with an EO too?

Why is it so hard to admit his gambit for the wall failed, he lied and used half-truths to try and force funding for his wall , and it failed.

And the lemmings at Fox and Trump supporters will now not ever admit they figged up on this one?

BTW, despite what Guiliani says, the president is not above the law..and has no free rein to usurp the law. 

Edited by plenzmd1

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

yall are funny..so you are saying Trump has the ability to usurp the law now with no consequences? Could he suspend "innocent until proven guilty" with an EO too?

Yes he could. And if the rest of the process played out properly, both EOs would be shot down.

Read the law.  Either EO gets shot down or all families released into the US in 20 days.

Then go to a Google and look up "Ohio egg farm" for a little fun light reading.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Barry did it all the time. "I have  a pen and a phone".

Brilliant move by Trump. ACLU is already moving to try and block the EO.  Trump has said  that congress has to  change the law.  The dems in congress are blocking that.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

Barry did it all the time. "I have  open and a phone".

Brilliant move by Trump. ACLU is already moving to try and block the EO.  Trump has said  that congress has to  change the law.  The dems in congress are blocking that.

This.

10 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Barry did it all the time. "I have  a pen and a phone".

maybe i am an idiot(prolly not maybe) can you link to a story from the AP or somehwere reputable reporting that? I cannot find anything like that.

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

So Obama made it skyrocket from 7% to almost 18% in his first four yeras.

Yikes. I didn't know how bad he really was.

C'mon, i know you smarter than this. The graph clearly points to a doubling of the rate from January 2008 till I am guessing April of 2009, certainly the first half of 2009...and who was in charge then? Yall say Trump detractors won't listen, but this is why..at least have a cogent argument. In all truthfulness, I can't believe someone who wants to slam Obama would point to this graph as evidence of his shortcomings..if anything it points to his effectiveness at guiding the US out of the recession...

13 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

So Obama made it skyrocket from 7% to almost 18% in his first four yeras.

Yikes. I didn't know how bad he really was.

My point is that president's don't have as much influence on the unemployment rate as people like to believe.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

maybe i am an idiot(prolly not maybe) can you link to a story from the AP or somehwere reputable reporting that? I cannot find anything like that.

I'm bad at posting links. Just google Obama I have a pen and a phone. The first thing that came up was CNN from 2016.

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I'm bad at posting links. Just google Obama I have a pen and a phone. The first thing that came up was CNN from 2016.

Again, "cause Obama"..Lord is it impossible for you Trump supporters to not back Trump policies and Trump the man without saying "but Obama" . Just form a cogent argument why the Trump administration said nothing could be done absent an act of Congress...and lo and behold we have an EO that does just that...and please form that argument without mentioning Obama

You claimed in your previous post the ACLU was already filing a lawsuit to block the EO...just for god's sake post a link from a reputable news organization that says as much. I would even take one from Trump State TV  Fox News.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Again, "cause Obama"..Lord is it impossible for you Trump supporters to not back Trump policies and Trump the man without saying "but Obama" . Just form a cogent argument why the Trump administration said nothing could be done absent an act of Congress...and lo and behold we have an EO that does just that...and please form that argument without mentioning Obama

You claimed in your previous post the ACLU was already filing a lawsuit to block the EO...just for god's sake post a link from a reputable news organization that says as much. I would even take one from Trump State TV  Fox News.

Did you just buy a hooked on ebonics cd? What the hell is a yall? Come back when you can speak proper english. 

Talk about being dumb as a stump.

4 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Who was President in 2015?  Why would anyone care?

Barack, but that not my point. Sorry if I did not state it very well.

I just find it a little disingenuous and hypocritical that people are so upset about this breaking families up business.  Since 2000, the USA has deported over 5,000,000 people.  Some for being pulled over for a burned out tail light.  How many families were broken up in the process? I think a safe guess would be millions.  Yet during this whole time, nary a peep from anybody about that. Those detention centers didn't just spring up over night.

I do not intend this as a BO screed, just an all presidents this century and their sheep screed.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, westside said:

Did you just buy a hooked on ebonics cd? What the hell is a yall? Come back when you can speak proper english. 

Talk about being dumb as a stump.

really, that is your retort to the questions I have raised? Are you that devoid of intellectual power to be able to defend your beliefs and your leader? Such a sad state 

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I just find it a little disingenuous and hypocritical that people are so upset about this breaking families up business.  Since 2000, the USA has deported over 5,000,000 people.  Some for being pulled over for a burned out tail light.  How many families were broken up in the process? I think a safe guess would be millions.  Yet during this whole time, nary a peep from anybody about that. Those detention centers didn't just spring up over night.

I do not intend this as a BO screed, just an all presidents this century and their sheep screed.

see, good argument..and one I agree with! great post. 

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Right.  No one cared because it was Barry and they were all convinced they were on the right side of history.  That's the same point.

The "this is what I think, so it's morally correct" mentality is a blight on our nation.  No one argues from a place of morality.  It's retroactive and in the moment.

Edited by BringBackOrton