Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

It's never been about the kids. Ever. That's why they were advocating for policies that would put more kids in danger, and fringe supporters are rallying today to doxx ICE agents and their families.

It's 2018. We are the most media savvy and technologically sophisticated peoples in history. We MUST be able to see through cheap emotional manipulation without dividing ourselves in the process... or we'are all forked.

The Utter Hypocrisy And Stupidity Of The Illegal Immigrant Parent-Child Separation Debate

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32091/utter-hypocrisy-and-stupidity-illegal-immigrant-ben-shapiro 

This is an era of massive hypocrisy.

On the one hand, you have the Left arguing that policy must change with regard to family separation at the border. That would be the same Left that argued in 2014 that it was utterly inhumane to keep children locked up with their illegal immigrant parents, and sued to have that policy changed.

On the other hand, you have the Trump administration arguing that “zero tolerance” at the border was good policy, and that family separation was merely a byproduct of the legal workings of the system; the Trump administration also argued that they didn’t have the legal authority to unilaterally overrule Ninth Circuit rulings on the Flores settlement. That would be the same Trump administration now arguing that Trump can unilaterally change policy through executive action.

On that first hand again, the Left argues that separation policy is essentially Nazi-esque evil. These would be the same people on the Left rejecting a legislative fix in order to “keep the focus” on President Trump, as Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) so charmingly put it.

On that other hand again, the Right argues that separating parents from children is a deterrent, while at the same time arguing that the policy is an Obama holdover for which the Trump administration bears no responsibility.

So, here’s the simple reality.

1. The Trump administration did not create separation policy. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals did.
  2. The Trump administration did push a zero-tolerance policy on border crossing, treating all those who enter the country illegally as criminals.
  3. The Trump administration does not have the executive authority to unilaterally change law, as ruled by the Ninth Circuit.
  4. The policy should be changed, and should never have been discussed as a deterrent.
  • Like (+1) 1

It's the smile on his face as he says the bit about "inflicting a political price" that shows you everything you need to know. 

It was always about politics. Never about the kids. 

It's a good study in micro expressions here. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Chart.jpg

the democratic party has moved on from african americans. They know 

they got their votes in their pockets. They are focusing on their new 

open border voters, which they will get, just a matter of time now.

They are pretty close to tearing down the forces that formed this great

country. The criminals are getting their money now so they don't care

about the shithole that they wiil have created 3 decades from now.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's never been about the kids. Ever. That's why they were advocating for policies that would put more kids in danger, and fringe supporters are rallying today to doxx ICE agents and their families.

It's 2018. We are the most media savvy and technologically sophisticated peoples in history. We MUST be able to see through cheap emotional manipulation without dividing ourselves in the process... or we'are all forked.

Were forked ...i've lost all faith in the system after today.

Open the borders, finish us off.

george romeros dawn of the dead, its here.

Cost of detaining migrant kids higher than keeping them with families

By Bob Fredericks June 20, 2018

The cost of holding migrant children who have been separated from their parents in “tent cities” is $775 per person per night — far more expensive than keeping kids with their parents in detention centers, a new report said Wednesday.

The reason for the higher cost to taxpayers, according to an official at the Department of Health and Human Services, is that the need to arrange for security, bring in air conditioning, medical workers and other government contractors is much higher than the costs for existing facilities that are already staffed, NBC News reported.

It costs $256 per night to hold kids in permanent HHS facilities like Casa Padre in Brownsville, Texas.

Keeping them with their parents in detention centers like the one run by ICE in Dilley, Texas, cost $298 per person per night, according to an agency estimate when it awarded the contract for the facility in 2014, the network reported.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/cost-of-detaining-migrant-kids-more-expensive-than-keeping-them-with-families/

I can't imagine that cost is accurate. It would be cheaper to put them up in a hotel.

• Like (+1) 1

I told you it was that easy 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/homeland-security-drafts-plan-end-family-separation-151501530.html

Trump ends separating families.  

10 minutes ago, ALF said:

The cost of holding migrant children who have been separated from their parents in “tent cities” is $775 per person per night — far more expensive than keeping kids with their parents in detention centers, a new report said Wednesday.

The reason for the higher cost to taxpayers, according to an official at the Department of Health and Human Services, is that the need to arrange for security, bring in air conditioning, medical workers and other government contractors is much higher than the costs for existing facilities that are already staffed, NBC News reported.

It costs $256 per night to hold kids in permanent HHS facilities like Casa Padre in Brownsville, Texas.

Keeping them with their parents in detention centers like the one run by ICE in Dilley, Texas, cost $298 per person per night, according to an agency estimate when it awarded the contract for the facility in 2014, the network reported.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/cost-of-detaining-migrant-kids-more-expensive-than-keeping-them-with-families/

I can't imagine that cost is accurate. It would be cheaper to put them up in a hotel.

It’s our Tax $$ 

The 1%ers don’t pay it.  

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/homeland-security-drafts-plan-end-family-separation-151501530.html

It’s our Tax $$ 

The 1%ers don’t pay it.  

Follow the money. Private prison industry is making a lot of money off this.

One question I have not heard asked or answered in this. I've heard 1,000,000 times that 2000 children have been taken from their parents and put in cages.  Not good.

Ok, how many children were in these holding centers the day BEFORE this all starteD?  How many children went through this system in 2015?  I know 3000,000 were deported that year.  Were any families broken up in the process? 

Edited by reddogblitz

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Follow the money. Private prison industry is making a lot of money off this.

One question I have not heard asked or answered in this. I've heard 1,000,000 times that 2000 children have been taken from their parents and put in cages.  Not good.

Ok, how many children were in these holding centers the day BEFORE this all starteD?  How many children went through this system in 2015?  I know 3000,000 were deported that year.  Were any families broken up in the process? 

Who was President in 2015?  Why would anyone care?

56 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Agreed. Why didn't Obama do it?

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Fake news 

Same photos published in the Los Angeles Times in 2014.

Do you ever win a point? ?

imbe.jpg

Edited by Golden Goat

56 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It’s our Tax $$ 

The 1%ers don’t pay it.  

How long before the ACLU sues and the judge strikes it down? Now the left will get blamed for it.:D

• Like (+1) 3

Again, let me emphasize I despise Trump and will be thrilled when he is gone. Having said that, I actually understood his position on this issue.

But again, what bothers the hell out of me is the lying. Trump/Sessions/Nielson/Sanders all 100% insisting this was a Democratic law and ONLY Congress could step in and fix it. And there was nothing, emphasis NOTHING, that could be done outside of legislation from Congress. 

Shocking it did not take that..how could that be? Were they all just that dumb they did not know the law...or were they just feeding the American people more lies so Trump could get his damn wall.

I get how Trump supporters may like his policies, but how in the hell someone can support someone and his entire administration that just lies all the time is beyond me.

And please do not answer" but Obama"

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Again, let me emphasize I despise Trump and will be thrilled when he is gone. Having said that, I actually understood his position on this issue.

But again, what bothers the hell out of me is the lying. Trump/Sessions/Nielson/Sanders all 100% insisting this was a Democratic law and ONLY Congress could step in and fix it. And there was nothing, emphasis NOTHING, that could be done outside of legislation from Congress. 

Shocking it did not take that..how could that be? Were they all just that dumb they did not know the law...or were they just feeding the American people more lies so Trump could get his damn wall.

I get how Trump supporters may like his policies, but how in the hell someone can support someone and his entire administration that just lies all the time is beyond me.

The reason why many are upset, and the reason why this is still and issue is because the executive branch is not supposed to legislate with a pen and a phone. It's supposed to happen in Congress, where they have the power (the only ones who have the constitutional power) to create laws that will last beyond themselves and whoever sits in the Oval. 

The ACLU is already filing suit to get the EO overturned. That's because Congress will not take action. 

You're right this is political. It's always been political, by both sides. But one side is working to fix a problem through the means described in the constitution and the other is advocating for executive fiat. The irony is thick, especially when the side wishing to rule through executive order calls the other authoritarian fascists. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Donald Trump haters say he lies all the time.

Donald Trump haters say he is a Nazi all the time.

Donald Trump haters say he is a racist all time.

Yada, yada, yada, bla, bla, bla.

Sooner or later it all falls on deaf ears. People who are not a Trump supporter, but are reasonable, are tired of hearing these things.

Trump is trying to fix this issue, but the Democrats have NO INTEREST in fixing anything with Trump. That is the big issue, not all the things Trump haters toss out there about Trump.

Tell the Democratic Party to wake up and stop playing politics before you Trump haters bash Trump.

This is all a mess because leftists would rather hate Trump than fix the immigration problem. FACT.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ALF said:

https://www.thenation.com/article/only-the-pentagon-could-spend-640-on-a-toilet-seat/

There are many articles just like this one. I'm surprised the cost is that LOW!

43 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The administration has claimed all along that it was the dems problem because they wouldn't do anything to fix it, not that it was a democrat law. Trump knew before he signed the EO that it wouldn't stand up in court but figured that at least he would get credit for trying to fix things and the dems would now get the blame. Also the House is voting on 2 different immigration bills tomorrow and they are very unlikely to pass. This will appear as just more dem obstruction.

• Like (+1) 1

It's pretty obvious the people who show outrage over this immigrant issue conveniently forget the fact that these people are breaking the law by trying to enter this country ILLEGALLY..

When ANY adult breaks the law, they are separated from their children.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Oh, that's right.......... the left is DESPERATE for a political edge. So, with the Russian hoax about to go bu the wayside, they something........... and this immigration farce is it.