Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

35 minutes ago, mead107 said:

So why haven’t the people we elected stepped up from both sides and passed a bill stopping this awful process. ??????????

•  

Why doesn't the president just stop the process he started? This awful process. This is all on Trump. 

As Republican Ben Sasse said 

This is wrong. Americans do not take children hostage, period.

Just now, mead107 said:

Then the Democrats should shut him up and work with the other side and shut him down.  No cant do that better to blame trump. 

Trump said blame the Democrats. 

You are blaming the Democrats. 

Trump needs to back down and back track on this. It's his bad policy.  

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Not according to Stephen Miller, the brains behind the criminal prosecutions/detentions. They are arriving to the trafficking justification after the heat came down. They want to criminally prosecute the illegals because of the annual immigration uptick, and if they do that, they need to separate the children who won’t be prosecuted from adults who will. 

Bush and Obama wrestled with the same exact issue and erred on the side of keeping families together. Trump is not and he’s now dealing with a political consequences. 

This wont last long. The heat is way too high. But Trump backed himself into a political corner. It’s now a staring contest as to who will do the right thing first. Trump backs off the policy or Dems join legislative action. Both will have the same effect. Families won’t be torn apart. Illegals will still cross. Some political point will be scored. And around we go. 

They arrived at the trafficking objective prior to taking office.

It was one of the main purposes of Trump's run, and is consistent with his foreign policy objectives, and executive orders he has signed which have been discussed on this board starting months ago.

You are misinformed on the issue.

Separating Families At The Border: The Hysteria Overlooks Some Key Facts

Original Article

Illegal Immigration: The latest outrage by the Trump administration is its policy of "ripping" children away from parents who´ve crossed the border illegally. As with so many other things involving Trump, there´s plenty of emotion but precious little in the way of facts. The furor reached critical mass after the Department of Homeland Security said on Friday that 1,995 children had been separated from their illegal border crossing parents from mid-April through May. That number included, DHS said, cases where the adults were arrested for illegal entry, immigration violations, or possible criminal conduct.

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

So why haven’t the people we elected stepped up from both sides and passed a bill stopping this awful process. ??????????

•  

because they don't care about the families, they don't care about the children, and they don't care about what happens to them. they are pawns in a political game that has gone on for decades. It's shameful, and the game now goes on. Faux outrage from senators of all stripes will show up on camera, neatly dressed and made up, making sure the camera catches their good side, and speak passionately about the children all while knowing the policies (or lack thereof) result in suffering, abuse, sexual exploitation, and death to...hundreds of thousands? millions? 

meanwhile, simple folk at home see crying babies on the TV, and think that's the real problem. 

Next time I go to Canada with my kids, I think I'll stop the car just short of the entry point, hop out and make a run for it. When they catch me I'll just tell them I wanted to grab a few prescriptions but thought waiting lines were for suckers.  I'm sure my kids will be brought to me immediately. 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Next time I go to Canada with my kids, I think I'll stop the car just short of the entry point, hop out and make a run for it. When they catch me I'll just tell them I wanted to grab a few prescriptions but thought waiting lines were for suckers.  I'm sure my kids will be brought to me immediately. 

Keep me posted - I'll make up some signs, gin up a little manufactured outrage, and will protest on your behalf at the border.

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Not according to Stephen Miller, the brains behind the criminal prosecutions/detentions. They are arriving to the trafficking justification after the heat came down. They want to criminally prosecute the illegals because of the annual immigration uptick, and if they do that, they need to separate the children who won’t be prosecuted from adults who will. 

Bush and Obama wrestled with the same exact issue and erred on the side of keeping families together. Trump is not and he’s now dealing with a political consequences. 

This wont last long. The heat is way too high. But Trump backed himself into a political corner. It’s now a staring contest as to who will do the right thing first. Trump backs off the policy or Dems join legislative action. Both will have the same effect. Families won’t be torn apart. Illegals will still cross. Some political point will be scored. And around we go. 

Illustrating the true stupidity of this.  This is generating enough outrage for bipartisan support if an immigration reform bill that could pass with a veto-proof majority.

Instead...the left wants to scream at the sky until they get their way and Trump does what they want.  Because !@#$ legislating, long live The Emperor!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Keep me posted - I'll make up some signs, gin up a little manufactured outrage, and will protest on your behalf at the border.

Thanks, but don't go out of your way.  I'm caucasian but I tan up a bit in the summer. That makes me disposable, and in that regard, I'm  similar to the people we're discussing here. How is that for irony. 

Now, if you know the Kardashians maybe we have a shot. 

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Illustrating the true stupidity of this.  This is generating enough outrage for bipartisan support if an immigration reform bill that could pass with a veto-proof majority.

Instead...the left wants to scream at the sky until they get their way and Trump does what they want.  Because !@#$ legislating, long live The Emperor!

But what isn't the left's fault? 

Trump even has people like this criticizing his policy of separating children

Hey, when a Fox pundit says you’re abusing little children, it is time to rethink. “Andrew Napolitano: Trump is ‘Trying to Use Children’ as Negotiating Chip, Policy is ‘Child Abuse.'”

Trump just needs to give the order to stop this. He is evil 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Since this is known by the LEO , wouldn't this be a major reason for more border security to try and stop human trafficking. It might even make a wall be even more necessary .

This is the major reason many in politics or local governments on the ground push for a wall and stronger borders.

Keeping the flow of children going is also the major motivation behind the groups funding open border causes and politicians. 

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Why haven't they gone to the MSM  with this info  to try and get a more secure border and screening to stop this problem.

No one could oppose stopping human trafficking of children I would think.

One would assume no compassionate human being could oppose stopping human trafficking of children once they become aware of it - except of course those who profit from the scourge or who are directly involved in it. That's just logic, right? 

Now ask your question again. Why is the MSM silent on this issue? Why are politicians - state, local, and federal, overwhelmingly silent on this issue? 

That's your answer, as ****ty and unsettling as it is. There are people inside our government - state, local, and federal - who profit from this and do not wish it to end. They can't openly advertise why they're for "open borders", so they mask it in faux humanitarian concern. Because who would think people trying to "help" innocent refugees enter the country would have such a sinister ulterior motive?

The systemic nature of this is the problem. As I said earlier, if the scale and scope of this were to be made known fully it would break people. Not just because they couldn't handle the darkness - but because they couldn't handle the revelation that the people and institutions charged with protecting at risk children, like CPS, are deeply compromised by people who want nothing more than to keep the flow of children into this country going on unabated. That doesn't mean every person working in CPS, or every politician is guilty of this - but loads are, especially near the top of the leadership chain - either of their own free will or they've been forced to comply with the agenda through blackmail. 

Sounds crazy. Sounds implausible. That's how the trick works. There undoubtedly a LOT of sensationalized disinformation out there on this topic, designed to make it sound cartoonish (pizzagate) rather than real. This gets good people like you, Gary, and Happy - who WOULD be outraged to learn the truth - to ignore it. To write it off as "alt-right" rather than look into the matter for themselves. 

That's how you hide something in plain sight.

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is the major reason many in politics or local governments on the ground push for a wall and stronger borders.

Keeping the flow of children going is also the major motivation behind the groups funding open border causes and politicians. 

One would assume no compassionate human being could oppose stopping human trafficking of children once they become aware of it - except of course those who profit from the scourge or who are directly involved in it. That's just logic, right? 

Now ask your question again. Why is the MSM silent on this issue? Why are politicians - state, local, and federal, overwhelmingly silent on this issue? 

That's your answer, as ****ty and unsettling as it is. There are people inside our government - state, local, and federal - who profit from this and do not wish it to end. They can't openly advertise why they're for "open borders", so they mask it in faux humanitarian concern. Because who would think people trying to "help" innocent refugees enter the country would have such a sinister ulterior motive?

The systemic nature of this is the problem. As I said earlier, if the scale and scope of this were to be made known fully it would break people. Not just because they couldn't handle the darkness - but because they couldn't handle the revelation that the people and institutions charged with protecting at risk children, like CPS, are deeply compromised by people who want nothing more than to keep the flow of children into this country going on unabated. That doesn't mean every person working in CPS, or every politician is guilty of this - but loads are, especially near the top of the leadership chain - either of their own free will or they've been forced to comply with the agenda through blackmail. 

Sounds crazy. Sounds implausible. That's how the trick works. There undoubtedly a LOT of sensationalized disinformation out there on this topic, designed to make it sound cartoonish (pizzagate) rather than real. This gets good people like you, Gary, and Happy - who WOULD be outraged to learn the truth - to ignore it. To write it off as "alt-right" rather than look into the matter for themselves. 

That's how you hide something in plain sight.

There's also the fact that the evil is so massive, and so present, that if a person acknowledges it, and does nothing, they become complicit.

It's hard to come to terms with that.  It does a real number on your sense of self and purpose, once you accept as true that this sort of evil exists.  It's easier for the mind to deny it.  Confronting evil is hard.

• Like (+1) 1

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

Democrats are the problem. They don’t care about crime and want illegal immigrants, no matter how bad they may be, to pour into and infest our Country, like MS-13. They can’t win on their terrible policies, so they view them as potential voters!

That is just so wrong. How can there be bipartisan cooperation with  slander like that.

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ALF said:

Democrats are the problem. They don’t care about crime and want illegal immigrants, no matter how bad they may be, to pour into and infest our Country, like MS-13. They can’t win on their terrible policies, so they view them as potential voters!

That is just so wrong. How can there be bipartisan cooperation with with slander like that.

Pure and simple scapegoating of immigrants. Just like Hitler did to the Jews. 

Just now, ALF said:

That is just so wrong. How can there be bipartisan cooperation with with slander like that.

All of this president's policies are made in an attempt to fracture American political discourse. It's working like a charm. See this forum.

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Wow.  It's almost like calling each other Nazis, racists, fascists, dictators, and !@#$s for 3 years is detrimental to the process of governing.

Who knew?

1 minute ago, peace out said:

All of this president's policies are made in an attempt to fracture American political discourse. It's working like a charm. See this forum.

To be fair, you didn't have a lot to offer in the way of political discourse.  You were offering something closer to political bathroom graffiti.  The kind that's written in human feces.