Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

What is the reason they are seeking asylum?  Do you know this as fact?  All of them?  Do you know what conditions/criteria are needed for you to be granted asylum and that it doesn't happen because you show up at the Mexican border.

Until its shown (via the rule of law) that you can be granted asylum, you are an ILLEGAL.  

What about freedom to do whatever you want  with no regard for others or even yourself.

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

What is the reason they are seeking asylum?  Do you know this as fact?  All of them?  Do you know what conditions/criteria are needed for you to be granted asylum and that it doesn't happen because you show up at the Mexican border.

Until its shown (via the rule of law) that you can be granted asylum, you are an ILLEGAL.  

Don’t pose obviously logical questions! I’ve been asking the same thing. Is there a war in Central America? Was there a recent natural disaster? Is there a sudden ethnic cleansing going on down there? Has there been a government takeover? If so why haven’t I seen it on the news? Answer.....the claims for asylum are TOTALLY bogus and do not fit the test that the statute is based on. Do you see anyone in congress asking these questions? No! We, the taxpayers, are just being asked to throw money at the ‘crisis’. How about we tell these people to go home and we get to work maintaining the roads that I paid for!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Don’t pose obviously logical questions! I’ve been asking the same thing. Is there a war in Central America? Was there a recent natural disaster? Is there a sudden ethnic cleansing going on down there? Has there been a government takeover? If so why haven’t I seen it on the news? Answer.....the claims for asylum are TOTALLY bogus and do not fit the test that the statute is based on. Do you see anyone in congress asking these questions? No! We, the taxpayers, are just being asked to throw money at the ‘crisis’. How about we tell these people to go home and we get to work maintaining the roads that I paid for!

There are obviously procedures in place and requirements that need to be met to seek asylum. I was looking at the application just now. There is nowhere in it that asks “Are you seeking asylum because the US is a great place and your home country sucks balls?” 

• Like (+1) 3

And the application is 12 pages and in English.  Now I will say it should be offered in other languages and it may well be but the questions are very specific and any yes answers require you explain in detail. It’s not as simple as AOC and others make it. It’s not wander across the border hands up and say “take me to your leader!”  There is a process. And if that process is not followed then there are other channels for citizenship. But again there are processes. If you do not or cannot follow the process you are sent packing. Simple is that.  35 years ago I worked with a Brit at a restaurant. He was applying for citizenship. He used the owner of the restaurant as a sponsor and had a lawyer. He was so pissed at the hoops he was jumping through while there were all sorts of illegals working with us that thumbed their noses at the process. 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

And the application is 12 pages and in English.  Now I will say it should be offered in other languages and it may well be but the questions are very specific and any yes answers require you explain in detail. It’s not as simple as AOC and others make it. It’s not wander across the border hands up and say “take me to your leader!”  There is a process. And if that process is not followed then there are other channels for citizenship. But again there are processes. If you do not or cannot follow the process you are sent packing. Simple is that.  35 years ago I worked with a Brit at a restaurant. He was applying for citizenship. He used the owner of the restaurant as a sponsor and had a lawyer. He was so pissed at the hoops he was jumping through while there were all sorts of illegals working with us that thumbed their noses at the process. 

Asylum seekers have a year to fill out the I-589 after entering the country, too.

It's important to know that the asylum application you found is a USCIS form.  USCIS grants "products" to immigrants - DACA, permanent residency, citizenship, TPS, etc.  It is not involved in border enforcement, though - that's CBP.  And CBP handling of asylum seekers crossing the border is different, and unrelated to USCIS.  

That's where a lot of the confusion comes in.  CBP's process of detainment for hearing is unrelated to the USCIS petition for asylum.  CBP's process is more analogous to an ex post facto visa application allowing temporary residency for the asylum seeker to request asylum.  No one is actually "granted asylum" at the border, though...because CBP is responsible for the border, and does not grant asylum.  USCIS grants asylum...but is not responsible for the border.  

Yes, it's actually pretty screwed up.  CBP handles the border; USCIS handles residency, asylum, and citizenship; INS handles deportations.  And Justice runs the immigration courts, State grants visas (though USCIS handles some of the visa applications).  HHS is responsible for child detention and child care.  And FBI, Transportation, CIA, and DoD have various fingers in various immigration pies.  It's a cockamamie system badly in need of legislative reform...that we'll not get, because both sides of the aisle would rather perpetuate the problem for election politics than fix it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Foxx said:

and yet... the Donners rejected humanitarian aid 17 times.

hilarious the feigned outrage.

Trump continually asking Congress to legislate a fix is good  messaging. He's trying to make this stick to the Ds, as the house needs to write up some changes. Should be interesting to see if it works.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump continually asking Congress to legislate a fix is good  messaging. He's trying to make this stick to the Ds, as the house needs to write up some changes. Should be interesting to see if it works.

Except that it's being reported as "House Democrats refusing to fund concentration camps."  So it'll never stick to the D's.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I want my friend out.. I appreciate you trying to help him. But while your at it @realDonaldTrump can you also let those kids out of cages?

Shut up Justin and go back to your own country!

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Every so often I stop and wonder where we'd be today without Justin Bieber, and quickly realize we'd be in exactly the same place we are, and get on with my life.  

54 minutes ago, pop gun said:

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Send him back! Send him back! Send him back! Send him back! Send him back!

An issue that both sides can unite in favor of :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....tell me why the eff my late grandparents on both sides had to do it the RIGHT WAY through Ellis Island as Italian immigrants?.....what changed?....

Ask the Demonrats.