6-15: Brandon Beane on One Bills Live

On 6/15/2018 at 10:55 AM, ColoradoBills said:

I liked his comments on Star.  Star is not going to be in the record book "statistically".

His job is to eat of blockers and he likes doing that.

Said Keuchly praised Star for freeing him up to make plays.

Let's hope Star can help make Edmunds a star! 

Star is one of the reasons I think Edmunds is going to be a finalist at least in DROY, and possibly win it.  We got a lot of beef up front to chew up blockers now.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree - I also think timing had a lot to do with the struggles he had.  He came from a timing offense and got a lot of throws just after the breaks and as he was running free. 

TT was late on throws and I think they never got into a good rhythm- that then lead to him getting into his own head and created stone hands. 

Mix it all of that with his injury and I think it was just really bad.

I don’t know what he will give us, but I suspect he and a bunch of these young guys mixed with the new QB and offense are going to surprise some people.

...cannot be better stated.......kid was coming off a 160 catch collegiate season, pretty prolific numbers.....his transition to NFL level would be much harder than he may have thought based on his collegiate level & competition...now add in the aforementioned curve balls he faced.......yet the "One & Done Gang" called UBER to take 'em to the Greyhound station.....now that's a REAL shocker.....

On 6/15/2018 at 1:59 PM, HappyDays said:

I don't think that's how McDermott operates. If other receivers are performing better he's not going to give Zay a freebie just because he was drafted higher. Don't forget he fired Dennison after just one year. He'll move on right away regardless of how it makes him look. We brought in a lot of youth at the position and Zay has his work cut out for him.

We're tight on space right now and its a double cap hit if we cut him.  Theoretically you could trade him, as they would assume his guaranteed 2018 base salary. Shaq lawson is also unlikely to be cut as it costs more to cut than keep.  He's also a trade candidate, but Murphy's coming off an ACL and Hughes isn't getting any younger.  Yarbrough showed flashes, but he didn't impress in the extended look at the end of the season.

I think I'd prefer both players stick around as it is likely we're not in for a particularly successful season.  We're already carrying 47 million in dead money in 2018, and I'm not sure how wise it is to add to that pool without getting a return.  

Currently we stand at 15 million in space going into the year for the top 51 but we still have to sign Allen, and we need to have flexibility to add players mid-season for injuries.   They would probably also like to carry over some cap space into 2019 so they can front-load contracts a bit more to manage the cap down the line.

• Like (+1) 1