[Misleading Title]WOW.... Broke, Broken, and turned to crime... Kellen Winslow II

26 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I know when I flash my junk in public, I typically get a "1Up" icon that appears above my head.

Not sure what that's about, but I assume it'll be useful if I die by falling off a platform or something... 

...assuming no arrests because NOBODY ever noticed, right?.....

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

You only get the 1Up if you have at least 3 onlookers, including 1 child.

Otherwise, what's the point?

...so how many onlookers were there?...fess up dammit......AND...were they wearing 250 magnifiers?...be proud now.....

36 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

He had issues while playing.  Unless he had CTE in the womb, this guy is just an !@#$

The 'Chosen One' was a Grade-A scumbag from the start.  He deserves every bad thing that comes his way.

Unbelievable how people here are already looking to make excuses for him.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to WOW.... Broke, Broken, and turned to crime... Kellen Winslow II
28 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The 'Chosen One' was a Grade-A scumbag from the start.  He deserves every bad thing that comes his way.

Unbelievable how people here are already looking to make excuses for him.

...new societal norm is to analyze the situation because he has obviously been failed by all of our systems...hell, if he went to the next level and murdered someone, it would STILL be society that failed him, THE victim......go figure......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

What about the ones that do? 

..players come from all walks of life from impoverished to middle class to upper class....biggest exploitative failure is at the collegiate college with a four year "degree" and they have to sign their contract with an "X".....next exploitation they face is "financial managers" who will help them with their new riches (a/k/a screw them royally)....but to cast them as societal victims is nonsense......what the hell happened to personal accountability?......reap what you sow IMO....

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Another ex-NFL dude looking like he is having mental health issues?

Try criminal issues.  He’s a dirt bag if this is true.  My neighbor who played for the Bucs several years ago was a Buc, and after cut he didn’t get another job so he went to Medicare Fraud with god knows who and is in jail now.

Some people just can’t seem to handle post NFL life and revert to criminal behavior as most likely it was in his past.  I actually liked the guy as he lived right to my family for two years.  He was actually quite nice to my sons when they were younger and never did anything like what Winslow Jr. Is accused of, but some people just don’t know how or want to act like good civilians like the rest of us.

if it is a small example of what a goofball he was, he actually had a Rolls, Caddy SUV and some high end 70’s classic car.  He wasn’t even the starter.  Not everyone is Roger Staubach, but I wish there were of him.  Men of the highest character.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not for nothing, Dad is the guy who raised him. 

Do you know anything about how the dad raised him? Or about his life experiences or genetics? It’s not fair or reasonable to just point at the parents without any more information. Maybe the dad was part of the problem, but we certainly don’t know that.  

I thought this was going to be all about him being broke and stealing. Turns out I was being overly optimistic. He is broken, not just broke. That’s horrble stuff! Who rapes women in their 80’s? Assuming all this is accurate, that is one sick dude and society needs to be protected! Yikes! 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

What must dad be thinking of this......

Happy Fathers Day? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Irv said:

Is there any chance all of this could be tied to an angry ex?   They lived in the trailer park.  He went back to get his stuff after she tossed him for cheating on her.  He gets busted for stealing her stuff that he probably bought.  Then the girl drops the sex charges on him because she's p-o'd. 

He's no doubt a complete idiot based on his history (i.e. motorcycle crash and ACL tear, PED test failure) but he could be innocent. 

Yes I am sure it is probably someone else's fault.

He was an NFL player after all.

Those guys are all great. Just watch the commercials and videos. Bunch O' heroes :)

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Speaking strictly for myself, I consider a few million in the bank as relieving me from the need to make a living, skills or not.

Perhaps the skills that allow one to make a living are also necessary to allow one to live on what one is making, even if it's a truckload of money by most of our standards

Not a skill exactly but I always remember this story.

Ken Griffy Junior tells the story that he signed his first major league contract. he proudly showed his mother the enormous signing bonus check.

She took it from him. ? Right out of his hand.

She knew he was a kid still. So one skill might be having good parents and being a good kid so that when mom snatches your check from you to save it for you, you let her.

The article doesn't say he lived in a mobile home park. It says he was involved in crimes at a mobile home park.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Why doesn't nfl.com have a single story about this?

19 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...still remember Winslow Sr's epic game with SD.....

In a Jan. 2, 1982 AFC playoff game, the two high-scoring franchises put on a show in the Orange Bowl, combining for 1,036 yards in a battle that took more than 60 minutes to decide.

The teams fought to a 38-38 tie at the end of regulation, and Chargers All-Pro tight end Kellen Winslow became the lead player in this drama. He barely made it off the field after cramping in overtime — this was a game that saw Winslow endure an injured shoulder, a pinched nerve, a swollen eye, a split lip, cramps and dehydration from the humidity — only to return an block a potential game-winning field goal attempt by Uwe Von Schamann after the Dolphins had recovered a Chuck Muncie fumble.

Three Chargers receivers cracked the 100-yard mark, led by Winslow, who had 13 catches for 166 yards and a touchdown.

Rolf Benirschke's kick seemed to hang in the air forever before sailing through the uprights for a 41-38 victory.

He is the greatest TE of all time, period. He was named "All-World" after that game, the only player ever to be selected for that title, surpassing "All-Pro". Gronk, Jones, Gates, Novacek, Graham, Witten...all of them suck compared to him.

8 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Dumdums gonna be dumdums, money or not.

True dat.  I suppose it's worth mentioning that many of these dumdums would've amounted to jack much sooner if not for their ability to play a game.

The more I read from you guys, the more I’m disgusted with this guy if truly accurate.  I try not to make a decision until I see a conviction,but if true is repulsive.

He’s lucky he didn’t do at his to one of my family members as I’d be in jail.  The only thing more repulsive than rape is abusing a child of course outside of murder.

Well, this certainly clears things up. Thanks, ESPN.

Untitled-12.jpg

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m torn and confused. None of this is funny, but can I laugh at ESPN? 

Absolutely. I just reposted it with the underlined caption. Missed it the first time. This is the sad state of journalism 2018.

Edited by Golden Goat