[Misleading Title]WOW.... Broke, Broken, and turned to crime... Kellen Winslow II

[This is an automated response]The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

23 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...still remember Winslow Sr's epic game with SD.....

In a Jan. 2, 1982 AFC playoff game, the two high-scoring franchises put on a show in the Orange Bowl, combining for 1,036 yards in a battle that took more than 60 minutes to decide.

The teams fought to a 38-38 tie at the end of regulation, and Chargers All-Pro tight end Kellen Winslow became the lead player in this drama. He barely made it off the field after cramping in overtime — this was a game that saw Winslow endure an injured shoulder, a pinched nerve, a swollen eye, a split lip, cramps and dehydration from the humidity — only to return an block a potential game-winning field goal attempt by Uwe Von Schamann after the Dolphins had recovered a Chuck Muncie fumble.

Three Chargers receivers cracked the 100-yard mark, led by Winslow, who had 13 catches for 166 yards and a touchdown.

Rolf Benirschke's kick seemed to hang in the air forever before sailing through the uprights for a 41-38 victory.

This was honestly the first NFL game I watched on TV as a kid. I still remember 3 things my then 7 year old brain took away from that game.

1. Do whatever it takes to stay on the field and help your team.

2. Football is awesome

3. That Winslow guy is God.

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

This was honestly the first NFL game I watched on TV as a kid. I still remember 3 things my then 7 year old brain took away from that game.

1. Do whatever it takes to stay on the field and help your team.

2. Football is awesome

3. That Winslow guy is God.

...it was epic....Winslow Sr was so dehydrated that they didn't know if he could make the next play.......a remarkable performance and glad you got to see it...:thumbsup:

On 6/15/2018 at 12:03 PM, mellaman101 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23795898/kellen-winslow-ii-arrested-suspicion-sex-crimes

Unreal how some of these guys end up broke and turn to crime to survive.  

What does being broke have to do with being a rapist? Sounds like hes just a serial predator...broke or not that has nothing to do with it

23 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..players come from all walks of life from impoverished to middle class to upper class....biggest exploitative failure is at the collegiate college with a four year "degree" and they have to sign their contract with an "X".....next exploitation they face is "financial managers" who will help them with their new riches (a/k/a screw them royally)....but to cast them as societal victims is nonsense......what the hell happened to personal accountability?......reap what you sow IMO....

Personal responsibility .. yes. lots of people are dealt bad hands. whose fault is it? . not a reason to break laws.. 

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..pretty sad how he could sully the name that his proud Dad built during his illustrious NFL career.......kid was always a loose cannon.....

HIs dad is a notorious douche, and the son didn't fall far from the tree. "K2" was probably the player I disliked the most in all my 40 years of watching football. Everything about the guy screamed "I'm an !@#$!"

"K1" was mostly considered a prima donna, and widely disliked by his teammates in San Diego. He has always carried around a deck of 53 race cards (yeah, one extra up his sleeve, and probably the one he is gonna lay out now) all his life. 

K2 no doubt had a hard time growing up living in the shadow of his "legendary" father. I have read a few accounts of K2's high school antics, where he was pretty much the bully from Karate Kid, except he didn't have a Kobra Kai script-flip written for him, and instead (allegedly) went on to become a serial rapist of women on the verge of elderly.

I support the Death Penalty.

Edited by OJ Tom

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, mileena said:

Why doesn't nfl.com have a single story about this?

He is the greatest TE of all time, period. He was named "All-World" after that game, the only player ever to be selected for that title, surpassing "All-Pro". Gronk, Jones, Gates, Novacek, Graham, Witten...all of them suck compared to him.

Get a grip.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

IF he did this, he should get life.   But there seems like there has to be more to this story.  A married 34 year old starts raping elderly women???

also, if this was RI, people would be making excuses for his behavior.  

What a ridiculous statement.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:20 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Speaking strictly for myself, I consider a few million in the bank as relieving me from the need to make a living, skills or not.

Perhaps the skills that allow one to make a living are also necessary to allow one to live on what one is making, even if it's a truckload of money by most of our standards

Most of these guys are broke in a few yrs, don't know how to manage money

On 6/15/2018 at 6:45 PM, dwight in philly said:

What about the ones that do? 

They obviously do.

12 hours ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

This guys dad played in the NFL I doubt he came from poverty could of been a spoiled brat instead from the Burbs with a sense of entitlement.

Was referring to the ones that do.

8 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

HIs dad is a notorious douche, and the son didn't fall far from the tree. "K2" was probably the player I disliked the most in all my 40 years of watching football. Everything about the guy screamed "I'm an !@#$!"

"K1" was mostly considered a prima donna, and widely disliked by his teammates in San Diego. He has always carried around a deck of 53 race cards (yeah, one extra up his sleeve, and probably the one he is gonna lay out now) all his life. 

K2 no doubt had a hard time growing up living in the shadow of his "legendary" father. I have read a few accounts of K2's high school antics, where he was pretty much the bully from Karate Kid, except he didn't have a Kobra Kai script-flip written for him, and instead (allegedly) went on to become a serial rapist of women on the verge of elderly.

I support the Death Penalty.

....thanks for the insight on K1....never knew that.......wow...

14 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

...LMAO!....must be something in the SD water supply.........remember Lance "Bambi" Alworth and his famed public "down & OUT"?.............

On 6/15/2018 at 6:42 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...new societal norm is to analyze the situation because he has obviously been failed by all of our systems...hell, if he went to the next level and murdered someone, it would STILL be society that failed him, THE victim......go figure......

That was the "new" societal norm from 40 years ago. The current societal norm is not to give a crap.

Never liked this guy when he came into the NFL he thought he was a ll that & a bag of chips because of his daddies legacy & apparently thought he could skate in the NFL !!

If he could have sold his ego he would have been a gazzilionaire but he has proven he didn't have what it took ...

I wonder just what his dad thinks ??

6 minutes ago, T master said:

Never liked this guy when he came into the NFL he thought he was a ll that & a bag of chips because of his daddies legacy & apparently thought he could skate in the NFL !!

If he could have sold his ego he would have been a gazzilionaire but he has proven he didn't have what it took ...

I wonder just what his dad thinks ??

Probably thinking that Jr. will have a new daddy soon.

• Haha (+1) 1