Martavis Bryant....... Suspension Looming?

H2o

Its so easy to beat the substance abuse testing in the NFL these guys have to be idiots to get caught...its designed to give the appearance they are policing things when in reality there are gaping holes in the testing periods where guys can do whatever and not worry about it...

If guys get caught, they are simply idiots and it shows a lot about their intelligence levels.

17 hours ago, benderbender said:

Everyone knows marijuana is a drug enhancement that can help you on track and field to come last in a team of 8 million other runners… who are all dead.” - Eddie Izzard

Sounds like your dressed to kill

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Should I point out that some people just cannot kick the pot habit or should I avoid the ensuing 4 pages of crap espousing its virtues?  I'll decide later but I think I'll avoid the whole thing.

...true......it's a huge dichotomy of sorts....look at it from an employer/employee relationship.....when the employee is "in the care, custody and control of the employer (ie. work hours)", employer has a set of standards that will be maintained as a "condition of employment"....outside that control parameter, employee is on their own time......certainly true that employer can have a "Code of Conduct" during off hours if drugs, alcohol, etc result in violation of laws (DWI, assault, murder, etc) that is detrimental to the company...so why does the NFL get to operate in a 24/7/365 purview?.....seems to be an unreasonable condition of employment.....why isn't "care, custody & control" defined as the start of mandatory OTA's and ends when you team's season ends?.....sure random test during that period, but why after the season is done or before mandatory OTA's?.....I missed something I guess....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 6/15/2018 at 9:44 AM, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Raiders should look into trading for Josh Gordon... Gruden would love him

Except Josh acknowledges his problem and is actually an unreal player...perhaps top 3 at WR in the league when he is on his game. Martavis is all talent no brains on or off the field. Josh is a screw-up who puts it together every time he steps on the field.

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Should I point out that some people just cannot kick the pot habit or should I avoid the ensuing 4 pages of crap espousing its virtues?  I'll decide later but I think I'll avoid the whole thing.

That's a fair statement. I do believe that some of these players are using it for the right reasons. Football is very hard on the body. It is very hard on the mind. Pot is fantastic at removing the mind from the body and relaxing you. However, it is a banned substance and if the league where you are paid very handsomely to play is saying no, then the answer is no. Don't do it.

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

There were some people here that wanted to trade a high round pick or player for this player........

It just goes to show you that the guys that pay their bills running the football team MIGHT just know a little more then we do on given situations.

The irony of your post of course being that allegedly the guys running the team were also interested. 

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Alleg

Come on John.... you used a mediocre example to try to make your point and knock other posters. 

even if we throw away the reports and go with the idea that beane wasn’t interested.... what is it that you are thinking he knew that other guys paid to run teams didn’t know?

Occams shaver is that we were interested in taking the risk but we’re more interested in risking Benjamin’s knees at a slight premium than Bryant’s decision making. 

Raiders likewise were interested in the risk and simply were on the unlucky end of it so far (though it didn’t cost them terribly much)... and last year didn’t pan out all that great for KB either. It’s what teams do- take some risks that you can’t guarantee the outcome of.

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Come on John.... you used a mediocre example to try to make your point and knock other posters. 

even if we throw away the reports and go with the idea that beane wasn’t interested.... what is it that you are thinking he knew that other guys paid to run teams didn’t know?

Occams shaver is that we were interested in taking the risk but we’re more interested in risking Benjamin’s knees at a slight premium than Bryant’s decision making. 

Raiders likewise were interested in the risk and simply were on the unlucky end of it so far (though it didn’t cost them terribly much)... and last year didn’t pan out all that great for KB either. It’s what teams do- take some risks that you can’t guarantee the outcome of.

So you really think Bryant fits the process huh?

or does tying him to the bills simply because we lack name we talent seem much more plausible

by the way I never meant to knock anyone on it I just don’t believe every rumor posted especially if it does not appear to fit the profile of the team we seem to be trying to biuldbuild