Martavis Bryant....... Suspension Looming?

H2o

I don’t recall any player in the ‘drug program’ missing a required spot check and NOT being penalized. Still on his rookie contract and already on his 3rd team, for a superior talent, is pretty telling..

Can Oakland get the pick back if he’s suspended for another year or more?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t recall any player in the ‘drug program’ missing a required spot check and NOT being penalized. Still on his rookie contract and already on his 3rd team, for a superior talent, is pretty telling..

Can Oakland get the pick back if he’s suspended for another year or more?

2nd team.

I would assume that would have to have been negotiated in the trade.  If Pittsburgh wanted to get rid of him bad enough, a clause could have been entered in the contract.  Although if I was the Steelers, I would have never been open to that.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

2nd team.

I would assume that would have to have been negotiated in the trade.  If Pittsburgh wanted to get rid of him bad enough, a clause could have been entered in the contract.  Although if I was the Steelers, I would have never been open to that.  

I doubt the Steelers opened themselves to anything like that. The risk is why Oakland was able to get a first round talent for a third round pick, unfortunately it looks like they should have stayed away. 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

2nd team.

He didn’t start with Da Bears??

I must be thinking of someone else. With a season-long suspension already, this would be a 4th infraction, no? 

If so, he gone.

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

He didn’t start with Da Bears??

I must be thinking of someone else. With a season-long suspension already, this would be a 4th infraction, no? 

If so, he gone.

I think it might be more than a 4th infraction.  

I don't want to google this at work but I think it goes like this:

• 1st infraction - not made public, no games suspended.  Warning and rehab program.
  • 2nd infraction - made public, 1 game suspension
  • 3rd infraction - made public, 4 game suspension
  • 4th infraction - made public, 10 game suspension
  • 5th infraction - made public, 16 games

So if I'm right and Bryant does get suspended again...that'll be 6th?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

33 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I doubt the Steelers opened themselves to anything like that. The risk is why Oakland was able to get a first round talent for a third round pick, unfortunately it looks like they should have stayed away. 

Seems to be the kind of player the Raiders liked in the past......

The comparison to Incognito is off base.  The Bills took a chance on a Pro Bowl guard.  Bryant is and has always been a lot of hype.  Never had more than 50 catches in a season, never had 1000 yards.  He has never been worth the headache.  He is tall and fast and thats about where it ends.

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think it might be more than a 4th infraction.  

I don't want to google this at work but I think it goes like this:

• 1st infraction - not made public, no games suspended.  Warning and rehab program.
  • 2nd infraction - made public, 1 game suspension
  • 3rd infraction - made public, 4 game suspension
  • 4th infraction - made public, 10 game suspension
  • 5th infraction - made public, 16 games

So if I'm right and Bryant does get suspended again...that'll be 6th?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think 1st infraction puts you "in the program" Then it takes 2 more for anything to be made public and it comes with a 4 game suspension.  So even getting a 4 game suspension shows complete idiotic decision making, 4-5-6.......just write them off.

• Like (+1) 1

If there are legs to this story then Bryant just cost himself millions of dollars. All he had to do was keep his nose/lungs clean and he would have at least gotten around 7 mill per.