Kelvin Benjamin looking good ... where does he rank among AFCE WRs?

Best WR in AFC East  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Who is best WR in AFC East?

• Kelvin Benjamin, Bills
    • Julian Edelman, Pats
    • Danny Amendola, Fish
    • Terrell Pryor, Jets
    • Robby Anderson, Jets
    • Jermaine Kearse, Jets
    • Chris Hogan, Pats
    • Kenny Stills, Fish
    • Other

Y

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mccown is Fitz-like. Fitzy did that for Stevie, Brandon Marshall, even TO loved him 

Counterpoints to the quarterback makes the WR. 2 Quarterbacks where their receiver made them.

Too many narratives I'm crusading to destroy at this point. Peterman revisionist history, Whaley didn't have a plan (he failed but he clearly had a plan), the "fact" that a good quarteback could have TBD members trotting out as his WRs and "give them real WR #s".

A good quarterback still sucks when he doesn't have skill position help. If some people on here are GMs with Drew Brees at QB they'd surround him with Tolbert in the flats, David Nelson, naaman Roosevelt, philly brown, and Robert royal and expect 1200 yard 10 TD seasons from Nelson and Philly.

There's a reason the Falcons GM drafted Julio Jones (even with peak Roddy White on the roster), Calvin Ridley, Austin Hooper in the 3rd for Matt Ryan.. he's not an idiot. was a good GM and knew Matt Ryan's weapons on offense would be his formula for creating a Superbowl team, league best offense, and MVP caliber Matt Ryan.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

On 6/15/2018 at 2:38 AM, Aussie Joe said:

Just hope he pulls in  a few TD’s this year ..they are paying him $8 mil..

Whilst that isn’t going to break any League WR payment records, it’s quite a lot next to most of his team mates..

Its below average WR1 money, and I’d guess he’s among a very small number that are definitive #1 WRs for their team getting paid less than the top TE and RB on their team.

hes a value player, generally speaking, even though I’m not a huge fan of his. He should produce, but I don’t think he’s a true game changer.

48 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if 100% healthy, it's a realistic expectation especially in his contract year.....if he really excels, he could be your #1 next year with some of the $85 mil in FA bucks....

If spending big free agent WR dollars, I’m not sure the big slow guy with bum knees and occasional weight issues is where I’m backing up the brinks truck.

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Its below average WR1 money, and I’d guess he’s among a very small number that are definitive #1 WRs for their team getting paid less than the top TE and RB on their team.

hes a value player, generally speaking, even though I’m not a huge fan of his. He should produce, but I don’t think he’s a true game changer.

If spending big free agent WR dollars, I’m not sure the big slow guy with bum knees and occasional weight issues is where I’m backing up the brinks truck.

fair take

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

...in NO WAY am I advocating that...hell, we don't even know if he can be a "stay healthy viable #2" yet in 2018......my apology...should have said a BIG IF.......and as far as the Brinks Truck with Watkins like money on the table, tires should be shot out before nearing the loading dock.....absurd.......and OBJ wants $20 mil......SMH....

On 6/14/2018 at 11:40 PM, GunnerBill said:

So Robby Anderson's best season (2017) and Kelvin Benjamin's best season since his major injury (2016) are exactly the same:

63 catches, 14.9 avg, 941 yards, 7 TDs.

I think Anderson is the best he is still on the upswing and progressing whereas I fear Benjamin and also Edelman (who has been a stud) are actually on the downslope for different reasons.  Benjamin's separation numbers last year both in Carolina and Buffalo were awful they were among the worst in the whole NFL.  

I think Anderson is the only name on that list with a chance to play at an elite level in 2018.  I hope Benjamin can get somewhere close to those 2016 numbers because if he does I will consider that a win for Buffalo.  

Have to disagree. Benjamin put up 1000 his rookie year, 900+ straight off injury, and was well on his way to another 900+ yard season before he got traded to the pass-averse 2017 Bills. He’s only been in the league 4 years...he’s 27. Don’t see how he’s on the downslope at all. Also, ‘separation numbers?’ 

Anderson was a nice one year story, much like McCown, and I expect him to fade into the same level of obscurity. Legal issues notwithstanding, I feel confident saying Anderson probably will never match Benjamin’s rookie numbers in his whole career, much less play at an ‘elite’ level. 

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Have to disagree. Benjamin put up 1000 his rookie year, 900+ straight off injury, and was well on his way to another 900+ yard season before he got traded to the pass-averse 2017 Bills. He’s only been in the league 4 years...he’s 27. Don’t see how he’s on the downslope at all. Also, ‘separation numbers?’ 

Anderson was a nice one year story, much like McCown, and I expect him to fade into the same level of obscurity. Legal issues notwithstanding, I feel confident saying Anderson probably will never match Benjamin’s rookie numbers in his whole career, much less play at an ‘elite’ level. 

Nah. Anderson is a stud. We should have drafted him. Wonder what Kolby Listenbee is up to? 

It’s between Parker and Benjamin. I’ll give the nod to Parker at this time.  Edelman is third, but he’ll likely produce more because of Brady. Pryor didn’t really develop last season, but he’d be my wildcard. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah. Anderson is a stud. We should have drafted him. Wonder what Kolby Listenbee is up to? 

We wouldn’t have needed to, he went undrafted ?

He’s not terrible but I don’t consider him special at all. Benjamin is the superior wideout and it’s not really close imo.

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If he produces this year he is gonna get the contract you can believe that

If he produces and keeps those knees healthy ? 
 I am down with that.

still  a 2A- 1B for me though.
Next year Bills build the offense off what this years guys can " prove "

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s between Parker and Benjamin. I’ll give the nod to Parker at this time.  Edelman is third, but he’ll likely produce more because of Brady. Pryor didn’t really develop last season, but he’d be my wildcard. 

Has Parker put up kb numbers? I didn’t look but it seems not I could be wrong

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

If he produces and keeps those knees healthy ? 
 I am down with that.

still  a 2A- 1B for me though.
Next year Bills build the offense off what this years guys can " prove "

Yep

28 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Besides what he has lost because of surgery, and was damaged goods when he got here, he lost

me with the push off in the end zone in the playoff game. Inexcusable.

Are you serious

this is what these physical wr do and hardly ever get flagged

now your upset just because it didn’t work out

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

We wouldn’t have needed to, he went undrafted ?

He’s not terrible but I don’t consider him special at all. Benjamin is the superior wideout and it’s not really close imo.

I know he wasn't drafted. But he should have been. I was on Robby Anderson long before that draft. I loved him at Temple. He is very, very good. He is going to have another excellent year.

If you were getting rookie Kelvin Benjamin I'd agree - though his hands were always a legitimate concern. I don't think you are getting that player though. 

• 1 month later...