6 Week NFL dark period begins

TigerJ

50 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

‘Zactly. It won’t be good news if we do.

I’d like say I’ll be watching baseball, but more succinctly, I’ll be watch the Yankees!

Ah yes, the Yankees (and Red Sox), the New England Patroits of Major League Baseball......

54 minutes ago, cd1 said:

I am going to start raking my lawn. That way, when the football season starts, that chore will be out of the way!  ?

In reality I will re-watch Bills games via Game Pass and do summer things.

That is genius

Get in the raking now so come fall you wont have to spend your weekends doing it, might even get in snow shoveling too if I have the extra time now!

Edited by apuszczalowski

Just my 2 cents...

Football fix?  Summer just started in WNY.  Who cares about football at this point, and I'm certainly not wishing summer away in order to get my fix, knowing how short summer is to begin with.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Someone find out where the QBs/WRs will be training together.

Someone else track the Pegula jet because why not? 

What about former Bills who we're still bitter about? (Sammy?? What's he sayin??)

What are Saint Doug and Sexy Rexy up to??

C'mon, people...we can find stuff to do!

I feel a "What if we hired Schwartz as HC, then hired Rex as DC and brought Chan back as OC" thread forthcoming.

Here's what I've been doing for my football fix:

The NFL and Youtube paired up recently to post three complete game broadcasts for each NFL team. There are some absolute gems within this collection. High quality, no commercials, awesome.

Within the past few days, I've watched:

Chiefs vs Oilers 1993 playoff game - Warren Moon's run and shoot offense and Buddy Ryan's defense vs Joe Montana, Marcus Allen, and Derrick Thomas. Fun game.
Packers vs 49ers 1998 playoff game - Mike Holmgren and Reggie White's last games in Green Bay. Favre vs Young. "The Catch II". Madden and Summerall on play-by-play.
Buccaneers vs Rams 2000 week 16 Monday Night Football - "The Bucs revenge game". Really fun. Legendary Bucs D vs Greatest Show On Turf. Faulk goes off. Al Michaels and Dennis Miller on the call.

So yeah...lots of classic football in good quality to be watched if you need your pigskin fix.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Just my 2 cents...

Football fix?  Summer just started in WNY.  Who cares about football at this point, and I'm certainly not wishing summer away in order to get my fix, knowing how short summer is to begin with.

This!

I love football and all and also follow the NBA and NHL, but I actually enjoy this time of the year to be honest. It's refreshing to not always be tied up with following sports.  I try to soak in summer as much as I can and I guess I get my sports fix in from playing golf during the summer.  But from a watching perspective, I enjoy having this time to watch movies and other tv shows, listen to music, do stuff outdoors etc...I never find myself bored during this time of the year and welcome the break from watching sports.  

12 hours ago, eball said:

As others have said, I don't want to hear a bit of news about any Bills player for the next six weeks.

I’ll add that I hope to not hear a word from TC as well. Who “looks good”, or tipped a pass, or threw a pick is mildly interesting. I just fear the next tidbit is about an ACL or Shady’s hamstring. Sometimes no news is the best news. 

Speaking of which, I wonder if the Jags fans know enough to put up a Dareus Watch? 

On 6/14/2018 at 6:49 PM, TigerJ said:

Minicamp is over.  The players are leaving the area tomorrow to be with family, train on their own or with their own training gurus.  With a few exceptions, most of the contracts that need to be signed have been signed.  We have entered the slowest time of the year for NFL fans.  What are you doing to get your football fix?

It's even worse since the NBA and NHL seasons have just ended. No excitement until training camp, which begins too late, IMO. They used to begin in early July.

On 6/15/2018 at 7:46 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Worst time of the year.  Drives me crazy, but this too shall pass.

I used to loath this stretch leading up to training camp but I dont anymore. Just been enjoying life, fishing, kids sports, Yankee games, some UFC and of course grillin on the deck! Once we get to training camp I will thrust myself back into the game.

I  was thinking about writing my doctoral thesis on "Sociodemographic Profiles of Persistent Delusional Disorder" by following how increasingly unhinged posters on this site will become during this slow NFL period. But then I remembered that I'm not a doctoral student.