IT's finally starting - pro football!

Punt75

1 minute ago, Punt75 said:

ESPN2 is telecasting a Canadian League game tonight!   It's great - - - some sort of real football!

I think my local JUCO school has more serious talent ?

on the serious side the CFL did give us Cookie 50 years ago ?

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I’ll watch Johnny Manzel play. 

Sat 7pm @ Calgary: WatchESPN

1 hour ago, Punt75 said:

ESPN2 is telecasting a Canadian League game tonight!   It's great - - - some sort of real football!

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3346298

101-yd TD pass to start things.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

nothing just not a huge fan of the show.   I'd rather watch forged in fire reruns. 

I'd rather watch history on the history channel :).   Nothing wrong with those shows, but seems like they belong on Discovery or something.  

6 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

BC Lions are my squad.

Love CFL football, always an air attack. 

I'm not an apologist for the CFL, as the NFL is clearly the superior product, but it's a lot of fun.  And.. for people in the WNY, SWO area, it just got a lot cheaper.  I picked up Argos seasons that are similar to my Bills ones for $159/each.  $5 dollar beers (CDN) at the games too. 

Gonna def make a TiCats game this season, maybe next friday night.

Argos would be cool too, but the crowd always looks sparse and flat. That might change w $5 brews though! 

8 minutes ago, mississaubills said:

I'm not an apologist for the CFL, as the NFL is clearly the superior product, but it's a lot of fun.  And.. for people in the WNY, SWO area, it just got a lot cheaper.  I picked up Argos seasons that are similar to my Bills ones for $159/each.  $5 dollar beers (CDN) at the games too. 

Just now, 4_kidd_4 said:

Gonna def make a TiCats game this season, maybe next friday night.

Argos would be cool too, but the crowd always looks sparse and flat. That might change w $5 brews though! 

I went to the Manziel preseason game, he was good, but still easily the second best QB on the TiCats.  Argos are doing something this year where they're closing the upper east deck, so that the crowds look less sparse.   Cheap tickets, cheap beer, and pushing fans closer might make it a more enjoyable experience.

• Like (+1) 1